We finished a cruise in Vancouver, WA and had a room reserved here for three nights to meet friends. We got to the hotel early Sunday morning, hoping for a room ready to go. Nope. But the desk clerk was very helpful and stored our bags, and said he'd call us when the room opened up. We flopped in the beautiful lobby in front of a welcoming fireplace, had tea and coffee, got books from their library and settled in nicely. Within a couple of hours (seemed like less as we really enjoyed the fire and the chairs in the lobby), we had our room overlooking the river.
Our room was spacious, clean and very well appointed. Very comfortable mattress. The sheets and towels, mats, etc. were all luxurious. There is a mini-fridge. We had plenty of room to spread out. All the soaps and amenities are excellent quality.
The lobby...if you couldn't tell we liked it! There is a nice coffee, tea and beverage area, plus the occasional trail mix goodies in the afternoon, and if that weren't enough, the manager's reception around 5:00 pm includes wine, beer and a featured drink. The lobby has a lot of artwork and is a pleasing and comfortable place to lounge.
There is a health club located about a block away from the hotel. It's a full service place with towels, locker room, cardio, racquetball, weights, the works. Just get a pass at the front desk and head out. There are also bikes (and helmets) available for the asking. For biking and running/jogging, there are excellent paths that parallel the river.
All the staff were friendly, helpful and cheerful. People are aware of what's going on and they make a real effort to not keep you waiting for anything. I'd say management is doing a great job, because this attitude pervades the whole staff. The entire hotel is clean and the use of attractive textiles, art, carpet and furnishings make this a really pleasing place to stay. The location is great as well with great views of the river, marinas and several nice restaurant choices within easy walking distance.
My wife and I love this hotel, and it is THE place to stay in Portland!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay Tranquil. A landmark presence on the riverfront, Kimpton RiverPlace Hotel captures the innovative essence and intimate hospitality of the Pacific Northwest. A haven of warmth and tranquility, RiverPlace is a charming refuge located at the base of Portland's city center. Stay closely connected or blissfully removed - RiverPlace is an immersion in care, comfort and quality. The hotel offers personalized experiences tailored to guest's individual needs and interests, from complimentary wireless high speed Internet, DVD players and complimentary access to the Oregon Athletic Club at RiverPlace. Guests also enjoy our Three Degrees Waterfront Bar & Grill, one of the city's most popular spots. Everything about this restaurant feels welcoming and comfortable - including our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kimpton RiverPlace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Larkspur Collection Portland
- Riverplace Hotel Larkspur Collection