This was our first time at the Riverplace and it won't be our last. We stayed for three nights in early March and would go back to this hotel is a second. The front end and valet staff were attentive and cheerful and the check in and bell service was quick and efficient. The room we had was clean and VERY nicely appointed. What I noticed most about the room was the lack of outside noise, and the coolest thing about the room was definitely the "Bed Menu" - It was a card with a selection of different pillows (soft to firm and different shapes) and blanket types that you could select from and the cleaning staff would make up you bed based on your selections. The hotel itself is centrally located in town on the river and has the city boardwalk outside the rear entrance so morning runs or walks with the family (or dog) in a safe environment was readily available. Our primary goal during the day was to shop and again, the hotel is located within walking distance of several quality stores and restaurants - and the staff recommendations and directions were very helpful and accurate. We were travelling with our teenage daughter so going into the hotel lounge to relax after shopping could have been a problem except the hotel has set up a sitting nook by the fireplace in the lobby where you can sit in comfort and the lounge staff will come and serve you with the full drink and food menu. We booked on line and found the best value for our room (One bedroom suite with separate living room with sofabed - Courtyard view) was the "pay now" option - the room wound up costing us $175 per night for a suite that would have easily been $300 in some other properties. At the end of our stay, we really didn't want to leave and will be back in the future. The only thing you should know is there is no gym in the hotel, but you have complete access to a high end gym located about a half a block down the road.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay Tranquil. A landmark presence on the riverfront, Kimpton RiverPlace Hotel captures the innovative essence and intimate hospitality of the Pacific Northwest. A haven of warmth and tranquility, RiverPlace is a charming refuge located at the base of Portland's city center. Stay closely connected or blissfully removed - RiverPlace is an immersion in care, comfort and quality. The hotel offers personalized experiences tailored to guest's individual needs and interests, from complimentary wireless high speed Internet, DVD players and complimentary access to the Oregon Athletic Club at RiverPlace. Guests also enjoy our Three Degrees Waterfront Bar & Grill, one of the city's most popular spots. Everything about this restaurant feels welcoming and comfortable - including our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kimpton RiverPlace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Larkspur Collection Portland
- Riverplace Hotel Larkspur Collection