“A great hotel all around...”

Sheraton Portland Airport Hotel
Ranked #65 of 141 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersBronze level
Portland, OR
“A great hotel all around...”
Reviewed 30 May 2012

For the past several years, my company has held its annual conference at the Sheraton. The staff are all extremely helpful and reliable, from the event coordinators to the waiters & bartenders (Tyron, who has bartended for us several years running, is the best!) We are part of the Portland music industry, and the Sheraton layout allows us to host artist performances without disturbing the entire hotel -- a problem we faced at other area hotels. The staff has always handled our menu requests with ease (including vegan & gluten-free), and our clients consistently rave about the food. In the six years that we have held the conference at the Sheraton, I have yet to come up with a request they couldn't handle -- this year, when the plug of a client's laptop power cord broke, our on-site contact had a replacement cord within 10 minutes! Highly recommended!

Room Tip: The hotel provides earplugs for those sensitive to noise.
1 Thank A A
, General Manager at Sheraton Portland Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 21 June 2012
Dear A A,

Thank you so much for your loyalty over the years to our property. We certainly appreciate your business and love having your group at our property. I am very pleased the staff accomodating your every need and did so with a sense of appreciation. I look forward to seeing you all again in the future. Please don't hesitate to reach out, if I may do anything to assist you in the future.

Glen Lewis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Reviewed 23 May 2012

I planned my company's annual conference at this hotel, and I have to say that I was unbelievably surprised by the friendliness of all the employees and by the eagerness to accommodate to our needs. I was the one to work directly with the event coordinator at the hotel and I was very impressed by their professionalism and reliability. We had a few requests about food and room alterations, and they jumped to fix it for us. This is the sixth year that we have planned the event at this hotel, and we will keep coming back!

2 Thank Vanessa D
Dear Vanessa D,

Thank you for your business and for choosing our property to host your meeting. I am so pleased to hear everything went well and our staff was so accomodating to your needs. I hope we will get the opportunity to see you again soon. If I may assist you in any way, please don't hesitate to contact me personally.

Reviewed 20 May 2012

uponmy arrival I checked in and proceeded to room. The front desk clerk was abrupt and interrupted me when I was speaking. The room assigned to me (i am a preferrd guest) had not been cleaned. I was assigned alternate room and offered free buffet breakfast. The lobby was extremely loud due to wedding rehearsal dinner and children from the wedding party occupied all four comouters in the lbby. Park and fly is the highlight.

• Stayed May 2012
Dear sjdif,

I am very sorry for the experience you had during your visit to our property. As a SPG Preferred Guest, it is especially disheartening to hear it was such an uncomfortable experience. I do appreciate you posting your comments, as it assists us in understanding where our opportunities are for improvement. I would welcome the chance to speak with you in person about this further. Please contact me at the hotel at 503-281-2500

Thanks,

ks
Reviewed 18 May 2012

When we arrived at the Sheraton the evening before our flight, we were informed that for ecological reasons, the air conditioning would not be available. Considering that the Sheraton sits on the airport runway, opening the window (it does open a smidgen) was problematic because of the noise.

The Sheraton could have been open about their policy, publishing it on their internet page. Surprising people who had either arrived exhausted after a long flight or were anxious before leaving on a flight, is not the way to run a hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Nhiker
Dear Nhiker,

First, a sincere thanks for your candid comments regarding your visit to our property. Second, I wanted to make sure I had the opportunity to address your concerns. It is certainly true when you visited our property, there was no air conditioning, but it certainly was not for "ecological reasons". I am sorry this information was misconveyed to you. In late April, we had the unfortunate experience of having to replace our entire HVAC system in the hotel. It was a huge project which resulted in some uncomfortable nights for several of our guests, you being one of them. I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you in greater detail about this and see how I might assist you in the future. I hope you will take the time to reach out to me when you have a moment. In the meantime, please accept my sincerest apologies for your experience at our property.

Reviewed 17 May 2012

We recently held a fundraiser event at the Sheraton and I was very pleased with the staff and the facility. The staff was so helpful and professional, the food was great, and the décor was lovely --the venue was perfect! I’ve received many positive comments from those in attendance. The whole experience, from planning, through the event itself, and finally, billing, was very positive.

Dear Linda S,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at our property with other Tripadvisor users. I'm also very happy to hear we were a great venue for your event. I do hope you will consider us again for any future events you may be planning and feel confident your next event at our property would be even better. If I may assist you in the future, please don't hesitate to reach out to me personally.

Reviewed 16 May 2012

In May 2012 I was responsible to plan and execute a 2-day business meeting at my site. 25 of the attendees were traveling from out of state and required hotel accommodations. The Sheraton Portland Airport Hotel staff provided special attention to every single detail. When the meeting attendees provided feedback at the end of the event each of them commented on how wonderful the staff treated them from The Sheraton Portland Airport hotel. We presented the hotel with signage and they made special arrangement to place these signs up at the registration desk as well as small table tents in each of the guest rooms. Special thanks to Kim Herrmann, sales manager, Tracie Nounou, convention services manager and Glen Lewis, general manager! Thank you The Sheraton Portland Airport hotel for exemplary service and comfortable accommodations!

Room Tip: Club level when available
Dear Mary S,

First, a sincere thanks for entrusting our team to take care of your very important business meeting. Your comments regarding Kim Herrman and Tracie Nounou are very much appreciated. The two of them are clearly great examples of caring employees who only want the best for their clients. I am so pleased everything worked out so well for your meeting and guests. I hope we will get the opportunity to host another event for you in the near future and look forward to building a great relationship with you and your business for many years to come. If I may assist you in any way, please don't hesitate to give me call or email. Thank you again for your business.

Grants Pass, Oregon
Reviewed 16 May 2012

First, I will say that I thought the staff did an outstanding job. Very nice service when I checked in. I got up to the room and had trouble with the TV remote. It would not let me turn on broadcast TV. I called the front desk. They sent up a very nice employee who figured out that I had the wrong remote for the TV that was in the room. He was very prompt in bringing the correct one and making sure it worked properly.

The lobby and restaurant areas are outstanding. This looks like a great place to come for a business meeting. I did not use the gym or pool, but I looked at it and it looked nice. It seemed like I had to walk through a long maze to get to my room, however, there were still housekeeping staff on duty. When I came off the elevator I was immediately greeted and asked which room I was looking for and they pointed my in the right direction. As I passed by several rooms that were being cleaned, the staff member would stop and cheerfully greet me. My only complaint about the property would be that it is right next to a runway. You can definitely tell when a plane is taking off! They provide ear plugs in the room.

The room itself was adequate and clean. There was a nice desk to work at. There was a very small refrigerator that also had a non refrigerated shelf, the whole thing can be locked. I also liked the Starbucks coffee provided. The bathroom had a nice long counter for all my things. My only complaint about the room is the ironing board. The cover was stained and old looking. The pad underneath was crumpled and I had to straighten it out. Definitely needed to be replaced.

Overall, I am pleased with my stay. I got a good rate on priceline. The location is very convenient to access the freeway and it is very close to Cascade Station/restaurants/Target. I usually prefer a place with complimentary breakfast, but I would be open to staying again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Dear Sarah H,

I appreciate the great comments regarding your visit to our property, especially the "excellent service". I hope we will get the opportunity to see you again on a future visit to Portland. Have a great summer down in Grants Pass. That's another beautiful area of Oregon.

Take care,