“Location, personnel give it the extra "star"” 4 of 5 bubbles

Sheraton Portland Airport Hotel
Ranked #61 of 138 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersBronze level
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Location, personnel give it the extra "star"”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

This property couldn't be more convenient. The 24-hour shuttle is a BIG plus. The staff are friendly, helpful and efficient. The room service personnel are very polite. Bathroom remodel is a bit goofy...mirrors, lighting and electrical sockets aren't logical, but it wouldn't stop me from staying there again. Ask for the rooms at the back of the property; I'm told they are much quieter.

Room Tip: Rooms that are away from the lobby of the hotel are considerably quieter than those that are adjacen...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank caligal831
, General Manager at Sheraton Portland Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 26 June 2012
Dear Caligal831,

I appreciate the nice comments regarding our personnel and location and for you taking the time to share your experience at our property with other Tripadvisor users. It's great to hear we were a good match for your travel needs while in Portland. I hope we get the opportunity to see you again in the future. In the meantime, if I may be of any assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out to me personally.

Glen Lewis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Corvallis, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2012

Spent the night and parked our vehicle here prior to heading to Hawaii. The rooms are a touch pricey but the free parking while on the trip is worth it. They have terrific rooms and it is the closest hotel to the Portland airport. Prices in the bar/restaurant were great and the service was excellent.

Room Tip: We were in a ground floor room and it was still very quiet. The bed was excellent and the room was v...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
, General Manager at Sheraton Portland Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 21 June 2012
Dear oarsman007,

Hope your trip to Hawaii was a great one! Thank you for starting it off with us and for taking the time to share your experience with others. Yes, the Park and Fly option is a very convenient and "low stress" way to start any trip, and with our location right next to the airport, makes the whole experience a breeze. I hope whenever your travels take you out of the Portland area, you will consider us as your overnight stop before hopping on a plane. I look forward to welcoming you to the property again soon.

Kent, Washington, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2012

Cocktails beet and wine included in this club floor. 4th floor rooms have a nice view of the runway. Lounge looks like it used to be a suite then converted.hor deurve and cocktail hour as well as a cont breakfast
Rooms as fairy standard but comfy beds

• Stayed June 2012
Dear Robb T,

Thanks for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed our recently renovated Club Lounge. We are happy with the results and pleased many of our guests, just like you, have truly enjoyed the changes. I hope we will get the opportunity to see you again soon. If I may be of any assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out to me personally.

Portland, OR
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2012

For the past several years, my company has held its annual conference at the Sheraton. The staff are all extremely helpful and reliable, from the event coordinators to the waiters & bartenders (Tyron, who has bartended for us several years running, is the best!) We are part of the Portland music industry, and the Sheraton layout allows us to host artist performances without disturbing the entire hotel -- a problem we faced at other area hotels. The staff has always handled our menu requests with ease (including vegan & gluten-free), and our clients consistently rave about the food. In the six years that we have held the conference at the Sheraton, I have yet to come up with a request they couldn't handle -- this year, when the plug of a client's laptop power cord broke, our on-site contact had a replacement cord within 10 minutes! Highly recommended!

Room Tip: The hotel provides earplugs for those sensitive to noise.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank A A
Dear A A,

Thank you so much for your loyalty over the years to our property. We certainly appreciate your business and love having your group at our property. I am very pleased the staff accomodating your every need and did so with a sense of appreciation. I look forward to seeing you all again in the future. Please don't hesitate to reach out, if I may do anything to assist you in the future.

Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2012

I planned my company's annual conference at this hotel, and I have to say that I was unbelievably surprised by the friendliness of all the employees and by the eagerness to accommodate to our needs. I was the one to work directly with the event coordinator at the hotel and I was very impressed by their professionalism and reliability. We had a few requests about food and room alterations, and they jumped to fix it for us. This is the sixth year that we have planned the event at this hotel, and we will keep coming back!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Vanessa D
Dear Vanessa D,

Thank you for your business and for choosing our property to host your meeting. I am so pleased to hear everything went well and our staff was so accomodating to your needs. I hope we will get the opportunity to see you again soon. If I may assist you in any way, please don't hesitate to contact me personally.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2012

uponmy arrival I checked in and proceeded to room. The front desk clerk was abrupt and interrupted me when I was speaking. The room assigned to me (i am a preferrd guest) had not been cleaned. I was assigned alternate room and offered free buffet breakfast. The lobby was extremely loud due to wedding rehearsal dinner and children from the wedding party occupied all four comouters in the lbby. Park and fly is the highlight.

• Stayed May 2012
Dear sjdif,

I am very sorry for the experience you had during your visit to our property. As a SPG Preferred Guest, it is especially disheartening to hear it was such an uncomfortable experience. I do appreciate you posting your comments, as it assists us in understanding where our opportunities are for improvement. I would welcome the chance to speak with you in person about this further. Please contact me at the hotel at 503-281-2500

Thanks,

ks
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2012

When we arrived at the Sheraton the evening before our flight, we were informed that for ecological reasons, the air conditioning would not be available. Considering that the Sheraton sits on the airport runway, opening the window (it does open a smidgen) was problematic because of the noise.

The Sheraton could have been open about their policy, publishing it on their internet page. Surprising people who had either arrived exhausted after a long flight or were anxious before leaving on a flight, is not the way to run a hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Nhiker
Dear Nhiker,

First, a sincere thanks for your candid comments regarding your visit to our property. Second, I wanted to make sure I had the opportunity to address your concerns. It is certainly true when you visited our property, there was no air conditioning, but it certainly was not for "ecological reasons". I am sorry this information was misconveyed to you. In late April, we had the unfortunate experience of having to replace our entire HVAC system in the hotel. It was a huge project which resulted in some uncomfortable nights for several of our guests, you being one of them. I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you in greater detail about this and see how I might assist you in the future. I hope you will take the time to reach out to me when you have a moment. In the meantime, please accept my sincerest apologies for your experience at our property.