“Decent airport hotel option”

Sheraton Portland Airport Hotel
Ranked #62 of 139 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersBronze level
Bloomington, Minnesota
“Decent airport hotel option”
Reviewed 2 December 2012 via mobile

I stayed for two nights at this propert during a recent business trip.

The location is ok but is one of those "in between" distances that is too close to take a taxi and too far to walk (particularly on a cold rainy night). The only option to get to/from the property is really the shuttle bus. This runs every 15 minutes but I just personally don't like standing around waiting for the bus.

My room itself was clean and comfortable. Also, the restaurant in the hotel was excellent.

If you have an early flight leaving PDX, this hotel is a decent option.

Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Lancburm

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Reviewed 18 November 2012

Very convienent to the Portland airport, this Sheraton is a great place to lay over or get ready for that 7am flight the next day. Friendly staff, from the front desk to wait staff in the bar / restuarant. Updated and very quiet rooms, including very nice work space and facility wide wireless. Nice bar / restuarant, open late and coffee shop open very early. And a shuttle service that is rolling early.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
SheratonPDX-GM, General Manager at Sheraton Portland Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 19 November 2012
Dear Pedalboy,

I appreciate your recent visit to our property and for taking some time to share your experience with others. You are correct, our location is great for those early flights out. With a 24 hour shuttle within 10 minutes from the gate, a great restaurant and bar and free wireless throughout, we are certainly a great option at PDX. I hope we will get the chance to see you again soon.

Take care,

Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed 14 November 2012

I stayed here recently while visiting family and I have to say that while the overall experience (quality of room, cleanliness, etc.) was really good, the staff is what will bring me back to this hotel on my next trip to Portland.
Everyone was not just efficient and helpful, but actually cheerful (and really, where do you ever find that? I'm definitely not cheerful at my job). I got to chat for a minute with a really nice girl who delivered my room service (think her name was Lindsey) and she really made me feel like I was staying with friends instead of at a hotel. Exactly the right balance between friendly/welcoming and professional. That is so hard to find these days as most customer service people are either grumpy and not engaging or over-friendly to the point of being annoying but that was not the case here. Lindsey absolutely wins the all-time-best-service-personnel-interaction-ever award. Everyone else was great too. Not once did I see anyone roll their eyes at anyone else or look exasperated (I get enough of that visiting the family-don't need it from my hotel staff). I will absolutely be staying here on my next trip to see family in Portland.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Dear Samantha L,

Wow! Thanks for sharing your experience with us. I'm so happy to hear the staff of our property had such an impact on you. In particular, Lyndsey. She is a fantastic person who genuinely cares about our guests. I'm always pleased to hear such statements about the team, it reminds me, at the end of the day, the most important component of any business, is the people who interact with your customers daily. I have passed along your comments to Lyndsey and will be sure she gets a big "shout out" during our next All Employee Meeting. I hope we will see you again soon. Until then, safe travels.

Roseburg, Oregon
Reviewed 8 November 2012

Our second stay here prior to flights out of Portland Airport. The hotel is convenient with parking and free transport to and from airport on a regular basis. Rooms were fine and clean. Parking area is well lighted and we felt secure in liaving our parked while travelling..

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Dear Jerrymen,

Convenient to airport should be our middle name! You are correct, we are a great option for anyone traveling on an early flight out of PDX. We are the closest hotel to the gates of PDX and our 24 hour shuttle service is prompt, easy and carefree. Next time your travels are taking you in or out of PDX, I hope we will get the opportunity to see you again. In fact, when you're in again, be sure to stop by and say hello.

Montpelier, Vermont
Reviewed 31 October 2012

Hurricane Sandy affected my travel plans home to Vermont, and I ended up spending two days and nights in this hotel. My work requires me to travel extensively, and I've had some hairy hotel experiences. But not here. The staff was wonderful -- warm and compassionate (I shared my challenge of getting home when I checked in). The work out room is definitely five star. The bartender was delightful and friendly, even the maintenance guy who came to my room to find out why my slide key wasn't working was professional and helpful and prompt! The Club Room was great; good food and good drink. Even the guy who drove the hotel shuttle was warm and friendly. The proximity to the airport was reassuring. Although flights take off on a regular basis, the rooms are well insulated so the sound didn't disturb me. My bottom line: I'd stay at the Sheraton Portland Airport Hotel in a heartbeat, given the opportunity.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank mlwvermont
SheratonPDX-GM, General Manager at Sheraton Portland Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 20 November 2012
Dear mlwvermont,

First, I'd like to say, I hope your house and family were safe during the horrible events of Hurricane Sandy. Truly a tragic situation for so many folks back East. Our thoughts and prayers have been with them during such a terrible tragedy. My hope is that everything was fine for you when you finally were able to get back home. Second, I sincerely appreciate your kind comments about our team of associates and the property. It makes such an impact when our team hears the positive impact we have on our guests while they are with us. I will be sure to pass along your comments and hope we will see you again when your travels bring you back to the beautiful Northwest.

Seattle
Reviewed 31 October 2012

I just returned from Portland where my husband and I stayed at the Sheraton Portland Airport Hotel. This was my second stay and I have to say we had a phenomenal time! From the Check In to Check Out, the staff in the entire hotel (including the restaurant!) was wonderful!. Our room was delightful and the bed was so comfortable and cozy! Location was perfect for us, close to everything! We will be back again! Thanks for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
SheratonPDX-GM, General Manager at Sheraton Portland Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 23 November 2012
Dear Karen 103_12

Just wanted to say thanks for the great review of our property. I'm pleased we were a great fit for your travel needs while in Portland. Your mention of the beds is a common compliment we hear from our guests. Keep in mind, if you are ever in the market to replace your bed at home, the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed is available for purchase. If you ever need information, please don't hesitate to reach out to us for assistance. I hope we will see you again in the future. Have a great Holiday Season.

Conway, Arkansas
Reviewed 27 October 2012

Our Legal Support Professional Association held our Annual Conference at the Sheraton Portland Airport Hotel last weekend and we were all very pleased with the exceptional service and courtesy that the hotel associates extended to our members! Natasha on the front desk, and all of the other staff members, took such good care of us - no matter what we needed. She arranged a wonderful tour of the Mt. Hood area with Ecotours on our one free day, and it was a most delightful day for all of the members who attended the tour! The fourth floor was our "home away from home" for four days and we were treated like royalty. Enjoyed the gym, the restaurant, and the meeting facilities. Our only issue was with the worn condition of the ceiling in our bathroom -- but that was overshadowed by the prompt and professional service that the staff gave us! We'll be back, for sure!!

Room Tip: Fourth Floor was great!