“Wonderful weekend getaway”

GreenLeadersGold level
Seattle, Washington
“Wonderful weekend getaway”
Reviewed 11 April 2011

We visited the Heathman for a quick one night getaway for a birthday celebration last weekend, from Seattle. We were greeted by a charming, helpful and friendly concierge who checked us in, took us to our room and even got us ice. The room had all the bells and whistles for a luxurious stay from the delicious french press coffee to the L'Occitance bath products to an incredibly comfortable feather bed. The decor is fun and plush, definitely makes you feel pampered. We topped the experience off the the high tea in the delightul tea room, we couldn't have asked for anything more. We highly recommend this hotel for anyone seeing comfort and luxury when visiting Portland.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (402)
Bend, OR
Reviewed 31 March 2011

Due to the Alaska computer challenge last Saturday, we didn't get into Portland until after 11:00pm. We called the Heathman and they were able to get us a room. When we arrived (exhausted), our beds were turned down and we were asleep within minutes. The next day, the concierge helped us look at the ODOT trip check, to determine which pass had the least amount of snow, so we could travels safely back to Bend. Thanks again to the staff at the Heathman!!

Room Tip: Go for the symphony suite.
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
Corvallis, Oregon
Reviewed 30 March 2011

I had a great time during my recent stay at the Heathman Hotel. The hotel was a great place to unwind and relax with friends on the weekend and distract me from the stressful week I had planned ahead of me. The hotel staff was great, and very friendly not only when we checked into the hotel, but when we entered and exited throughout our stay. The rooms were very nicely furnished, and even the pullout bed on which I slept felt more comfortable than the bed I regularly sleep on. I was a big fan of the Hotel's location-- it is situated just a few short blocks away from the waterfront and makes you feel like you are in the heart of the city. And to top things off, my party had nothing but great experiences with the staff of the restaurant. We went there for breakfast on the morning of our departure, and were promptly seated even though we had a large group. Overall, our stay a the Heathman was very enjoyable, and I wouldn't hesitate to return or recommend the hotel to a friend.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
HeathmanMGR, Guest Relations Manager at The Heathman Hotel, responded to this review, 4 April 2011
Thank you for your review. I appreciate your kind words. I will pass on these great comments to the staff. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed the hotel and the staff. The staff prides themselves on making every guest feel special. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future for assistance.

Best Regards,

Eagle Creek, Oregon
Reviewed 27 March 2011

Our room was wonderful, the staff was amazing, always ready to make our stay as special as it could possibly be. The decor is beautiful and something that shouldn't be missed when visiting Portland. The location downtown is perfect no matter what brings you to the city. We highly recommend you don't miss the chance to experience The Heathman, we will definetely return and tell all our friends and family to do the same.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your comments and feedback from your recent visit to The Heathman Hotel. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and your visit to Portland. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future for assistance.

Best Regards,

Seattle
Reviewed 22 March 2011

Exemplary service from the time I checked in. Front desk staff and concierge very helpful with getting me directions around the city especially when there was roads closed off because of a marathon. Had mentioned that I was looking for a massage and they checked the local spas to find me one. The bottle of wine and bath salts were a great bonus from the general manager. I will definitely be back!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
Thank you for choosing The Heathman Hotel. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we sincerely appreciate you taking the time to let others know how much you liked it here. We hope to see you again soon. Please feel free to contact me for any assistance.

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 18 March 2011

Wow. A few friends and I stayed downtown to run the Portland Shamrock run last week and stayed at this great hotel! The front desk staff was so wonderful. They helped us get a last minute breakfast reservation for our large group without batting an eyelash! The rooms were beautiful, clean and personalized with a welcome card and chocolates. We felt like royalty with the fluffy robes and slippers. I am also a huge fan of the products they provided for us in the rooms, l'occitane is my favorite!

In all we were able to have a great friends weekend downtown, starting with our arrival and ending with our fabulous gourmet breakfast! Thank You Heathman Hotel! I will most definitely be recommending your hotel to friends and family!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 17 March 2011

Stayed in the Heathman Hotel with friends and family this past weekend and had a great time. The hotel itself is very nicely put together with every detail thought of. Breakfast the next morning was exceptional with a great wait staff even though the restaurant was very busy. I would highly recommend to a friend.

• Stayed March 2011