The Heathman Hotel
Travelocity
  • Room Service
US$169
2,293 results
All reviewsfrench presssymphony suitehistoric hotelturn down serviceroom servicevalet parkingrooms are smallmini barwonderful hotelheart of downtownthe location is perfectstreet noisecorner roompioneer squarevisit portlandthe pearlfew blocks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 October 2013

My visit at the Heathman Hotel was an excellant experierence during the fall of 2013. I wish the Hotel was closer to Oklahoma City, OK. The employees were knowledgeable, friendly and willing to assist. The bathroom was too small.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 October 2013

This was my second stay at this ideally situated hotel, but this time during a very wet and windy last two days of the wettest September on record. What a perfect place to weather the storm. or anything. My room was beautiful and luxurious but also cozy and restful. It was all impeccably maintained by gracious, friendly and unobtrusive housekeeping staffers, who made me feel even more comfortable, welcome and safe. Everything was plush, inviting and comfortable and very quiet and serene, even in my street facing room. The luxurious bathroom and toiletries added to the overall beautiful ambiance and to a wonderful stay,
as did the french coffee press and fresh ground coffee provided to start my mornings.

The restaurant downstairs is a must. Treat yourself at either breakfast (belgium waffle to die for-- not what you would normally expect!) or dinner. Again, in beautiful surroundings with attentive service -- seated in a banquette by the window where you can appreciate the ambiance inside as well as the outdoor activity in the center of downtown Portland. And if you are going to a concert or symphony, like I did that Monday night of my stay, regardless of the wind and rain, you are right next door! Finding the featured soloist at an adjoining table the next morning at breakfast, just added to my perfect and wonderful two night stay.

Did I mention I can hardly wait to return again and for more than two nights.

Room Tip: King rooms face the front and have best outlooks, so worth the price, even for a solo traveler.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 October 2013

My 7 year old daughter & I enjoyed an end of summer getaway at The Heathman. It was fabulous - our double queen room was perfectly appointed. Happy hour dining in the lounge was great, and the staff offered off the menu kid friendly options. We loved the live music from 7-9, even though our bedtime was closer to 8:30. Breakfast was great - bunny pancakes & smoked salmon hash. Loaner umbrellas and all around great customer service made us feel special.

When we come back for a visit, I will plan more time for the library & art collection tours.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Best place we have ever stayed in Portland. Great old school charm that has been tastefully updated all the while keeping the character. The staff was very welcoming and not stuffy. The rooms are well-appointed and comfortable and are actually quiet (even facing Broadway Street). Of course this place has valet parking which is great, but because of their location you might find street parking on the same block.

Then there is the food. You will not go wrong in this white linen establishment, whether breakfast, lunch, or dinner. The food and service quality is very high, and the price reasonable. Also late night dessert or drinks in the jazz room will not disappoint (try the port flight with 10, 20, 30, and 40 year old tawny).

Already booking our next trip here!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
HeathmanMGR, Guest Relations Manager at The Heathman Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Dear BlueC0llar,

Thank you for choosing the Heathman Hotel on your recent visit to Portland. We enjoyed having you and are looking forward to your return. Your comments concerning our property, service and food are greatly appreciated and will be passed on to the team. We are delighted that your expectations were exceeded. We hope that you decided to make The Heathman your home away from home!

Best Regards,

Jamicia Williams

Reviewed 23 October 2013

Had the pleasure of staying at this hotel recently with my wife. It is a fabulous hotel, with everything you would expect of a high quality hotel and more.

On our many trips to USA and beyond, this place would make it into our top 10 with ease

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple