The Heathman Hotel
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
2,311 results
All reviewsfrench presssymphony suitehistoric hotelturn down serviceroom servicevalet parkingrooms are smallmini barwonderful hotelheart of downtownthe location is perfectstreet noisecorner roompioneer squarevisit portlandthe pearlfew blocks
Reviewed 16 March 2014

The Heathman hotel ranks high in the Portland list but is not an inspiring place to stay. The public rooms are interesting but the main accommodation is tired. We stayed in room 619 with a poky bathroom and wafer thin wall - not helped when American next door screamed into his phone at 4 in the morning. If you have to go to Portland, it's fine but if you're planning a leisure break, it doesn't quite cut it.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Krissy S, Online Content Manager at The Heathman Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear Less_is_more2,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at the Heathman Portland. Trip Advisor has allowed us the opportunity to connect with our guests; hear of their PDX adventures; help ease any unhappiness with their visit. I'm so sorry to read that your situation was of the latter listing.
Please accept my sincere apologies that your time at our hotel wasn't more pleasant. If there is any chance that you'll come visit us again, I'll make sure your stay is a different experience altogether!
If you have any further questions or concerns, or are interested to give us another go, please contact me directly.
Thank you again.
Wishing you all the best,

Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

There are hotels, there are luxury hotels, and then there is the Heathman. From your greeting by the Beefeater outside the lobby door to your personal concierge you are treated like royalty. No request goes unmet. Each member of the staff is empowered to make your desires fulfilled. Hotel has a beautiful library and unsurpassed original art collection. No need to worry about a day that catches you with a lot of rain outside as there is so much to do inside the hotel, including high tea, library tour, and self-guided audio tour of the art and original rosewood panels in the elevator from a tree that is extinct.
I am very particular about cleanliness and housekeeping and find this to be unsurpassed at this hotel. The French press coffee offered in each room is simple luxury that only adds to your delightful experience. There's evening turndown service which is complementary and also meets your every expectation.
Breakfast was perfect each day and I highly recommend the croissant which was the best I've ever had.
A remarkable experience I will long remember for many reasons.

Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank PlainJane23
Krissy S, Online Content Manager at The Heathman Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear PlainJane23,

We are sincerely grateful to you and the time you took to write this gorgeous review of your Heathman experience - what can we say? It looks like you had a wonderful time! That couldn't make us happier!
We hope to welcome you back again soon and help you to experience more of what the Heathman can offer to you!
Thank you again, you've truly made our day,

Reviewed 7 March 2014

That is a quote I read once by a travel journalist. This hotel is excellent and consistently excellent. Cozy, professional, efficient and in a fantastic location. Rarely do I relax in hotel rooms but their environment and setup is just right, not to mention the beds, pillows, size of rooms etc.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank veriotis_nm
HeathmanMGR, Front Office Manager at The Heathman Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2014

Dear veriotis_nm,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey. Your kind remarks about your experience is greatly appreciated and will be shared with the team.

We look forward to your return!

Best Regards,

Jamicia Williams

Reviewed 5 March 2014

I stayed here on business and found it to be a very classy place. The room is a bit small but the bed was comfortable. I ordered room service and the food was excellent.

Love the tea kettle and selection of teas. I like a cup of tea at night and often I have to heat water in a coffee pot which is never easy

Room Tip: ask for the suites - much bigger
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Krissy S, Online Content Manager at The Heathman Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Dear TacomaTraveler2013,

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit to the Heathman Portland! I, too, know the power of a cup of tea at bedtime and Steven Smith is my first choice! I'm glad we could accommodate you with this request!
We are so hoping to welcome you back, either on business or leisure!
Wishing you all the best!

Reviewed 4 March 2014

i love the heath man hotel so much because of how much of a landmark in portland it is. my family and i stay there for thanksgiving because we eat their price fixed delicious menu every year as a tradition. The employees are terrific and honestly you can't beat the beautiful holiday scenery. i highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in portland.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Samantha H

Dear Samantha H.,

Thank you for the wonderful review! The holiday times does bring out a certain magic in this historic building, I'm pleased you and your family have made it such a tradition!
We're looking forward to welcoming you back, anytime of the year!
All the best,