“Business Trip” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Long Beach, California
“Business Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

I fell ill while staying at The Heathman and had to extend my stay as I was unable to travel. The staff at The Heathman were very accomodating and worked hard to ensure I was comfortable and had everything I needed while I recovered. They went above and beyond to ensure I was as comfortable at the hotel as I would be at home. The service was simply amazing.

Room Tip: The beds and pillows are extremely comfortable.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Krissy S, Online Content Manager at The Heathman Hotel, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Katherine K.,

How unfortunate to fall ill during a business trip in a new city! We are so glad we could help and aid in easing the uncomfort of being sick! I hope that you have been able to fully recover and will be able to visit us again, when you are well and able to travel.
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience and rest assured, we will be sharing this with all the staff to ensure they are awarded for their great service.

Thanks again and hope to welcome you back soon!
Krissy S.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (395)
USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

The hotel is in a good location downtown. It's nice to walk in and realize the employees in the lobby actually know who you are and that you belong there. The hotel is accessible since there is a lift in addition to the stairs to the lobby. The lobby itself could use some updated seating, but don't let it mislead you, the rooms are up to date. I've stayed in other well rated Portland hotels and kept moving on to the next after a few stays as quality declined. I'll still be going back to the Heathmand because it's still as good as the first time I stayed there.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HeathmanMGR, Front Office Manager at The Heathman Hotel, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Dear NotLostJustWandering,

Thank you for your kind commnents about The Heathman. We really appreciate you taking time to fill out a survey.

See you next time!

Best Regards,
JWilliams
Sequim, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

This trip was a visit to see my daughter that lives in Portland. The Heathman has always made us feel at home and well cared for. This trip was no exception! I love the new remodel! It was Rose Festival parade week-end so I was anticipating a lot of chaos during parade time. I appreciated the Heathman keeping their guest well informed of times that it would be best to come and go more comfortably. I will always stay there if they will have me!

Room Tip: I was on the 8 th floor and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Krissy S, Online Content Manager at The Heathman Hotel, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Esther L.,

We will always welcome you gladly! Happy belated birthday, we are so pleased we could be a part of the celebration and so glad that you enjoyed your time with us! Looking so forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

The place was great. I loved the chaise longue - one of the most comfortable places to read I've ever found. A very comfortable bed (they offer three different mattress types). A fine bathroom. The restaurant appeared good, although I didn't eat there. I enjoyed the sidewalk tables, once for tea and once for a glass of wine. Great service in general. The only thing I didn't like was the way they handle the phone (once when I needed something no one answered and they couldn't give me driving directions when I called from my car, stuck because of closed roads on the day of an unexpected parade). I'll go back there next time I'm in Portland.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Mark W.,

Your review was great! Thank you! We are so glad to read such a positive and uplifting review! You visited during such a beautiful time of year, and it's wonderful to hear you enjoyed our outdoor dining options.
I do want to apologize for the service you received over the phone, I can understand that being very frustrating and we would never want that to be a memory you keep of the Heathman! We thank you for being so flexible and understanding the situation. We really appreciate your kindness!

Hoping to welcome you back again soon!
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

We arrived late in the evening, and the staff was helpful and accommodating. We had a late supper in the bar and enjoyed the ambiance and comfy seating. We stayed 4 nights and never encountered a problem. Our safe had been left locked open, and maintenance was up to fix it right away. All of the staff members were helpful and friendly.

Our room was in the corner on the seventh floor and on only one night did we ever hear any noise from an adjoining room, and even then it wasn't all that objectionable, just unusual up until then. We really enjoyed our stay and thought that the room was comfortable, spacious and well appointed.

The location was really good - you could walk easily to transportation or sights.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are preferable and away from the elevators and foot traffic.
Green Features: First hotel we've stayed in that really practiced the green initiatives listed on their brochures and in-room literature.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear lrh103,

It sounds like you had a memorable and enjoyable trip to Portland - we are so pleased we could be a part of it! Even though you were extremely understanding about the noise, we thank you for being so kind and would be happy to help you book your next stay to ensure this doesn't occur again!
Thank you again for this great review and we hope it isn't long until we get to welcome you back!

Take care,
Bradenton, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Had a nice enjoyable 2 night stay. People that work there for the most part of very friendly. The room was nice except the separate room with the toilet and the shower is so tiny you can't even move. I do like that they straighten up the room twice a day and bottled water is complimentary.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Patti M.,

Thank you for choosing the Heathman Portland on your most recent visit to the city. We really appreciate you taking the time to review your stay and hope that we can welcome you back again soon in the near future!

Thanks again!
Boston, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

I spent a long time researching hotels before our trip to Portland and am so glad that we chose The Heathman. It is a lovely old hotel that is well situated for walking to many of the sights and stores that we wanted to go to, BUT probably the best part of the stay was the quality of service. Every staff member we interacted with was courteous, knowledgeable, and very helpful. They are extremely well trained but also genuinely nice. It is the first hotel that I have been to where every staff member in the lobby is prepared to answer any questions and help in guests in any way. Dan happened to be the person who checked us in, showed us to our rooms, and checked us out. He also gave us guidance on how to get where we wanted to go and suggested some sights to see. When I needed extra help, he went above and beyond to be of assistance.

As many have said the beds are extremely comfortable. I think the beds are in many ways symbolic of the attitude of the staff at the hotel. They go out of their way to make sure that your stay is comfortable and pleasant.

The accommodations are impeccable, and The Heathman is a very nice scale--not too large. The towels and toiletries are topnotch. The furniture in the rooms is well designed to make efficient use of the space. We had breakfast and lunch in the restaurant which were both very good (the lunch menu had a better selection than the breakfast menu). We enjoyed the free wine tasting in the lovely Library.

We stayed in a corner Executive King that provided plenty of space and had four windows. The bathroom proper was on the small side, but they was a large counter with a sink outside the bathroom which provided plenty of space for toiletries, etc.

The only negative things were the traffic noises (trucks late at night) and the less than robust wifi. I would love to stay there again, but might request a room in the back of the building to be away from the traffic.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, you might want to ask for a room on an upper floor and in the rear. We w...
Green Features: We appreciate the fact that it is an eco friendly hotel.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AquaPar
Dear AquaPar,

What can we say? This is a gorgeous review - thank you! The time you took to tell us your experience is extremely appreciated by us! I hope that we gave you the perfect location to enjoy all that Portland has to offer.
I'm glad you were able to deal with such helpful and knowledgeable staff! Dan, in particular is brilliant! We are encouraged by helpful praise and I'll be sure to share this with him!
I do want to apologize for the noise you experienced, and would recommend, that if you return, you contact us directly for booking. This way we can ensure the room is spot on and in a locale that is ideal for the purpose of you visit!

Again, thank you. We can't wait to welcome you back again soon!