“Impeccable Service”

The Heathman Hotel
Ranked #27 of 144 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Attractive, traditional hotel, tastefully updated, rooms are very well appointed. The service is amazing, from the Bell Captain and their friendly "Beefeater" dressed greeters, front desk, wait staff, all top notch. Breakfast was cooked perfectly, many choices, and well priced. Dinner was EXACTLY as described and perfectly executed. The bar was friendly and the drinks, perfect! Library was a nice surprise. Great location for biz or vacation. This is a very charming hotel with great manners and a warm and inviting feel. Definitely a First Class Hotel.

Room Tip: Windows do not open on the lower floors which is good if you don't want to hear the traffic nois...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Krissy S, Online Content Manager at The Heathman Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear AllenaKristina,

What can we possibly say - this review is ace! Thank you for taking the time to detail your experience from your stay with us! From advice on where to stay in the hotel, to great compliments to our staff, this is a brilliant, well responded review! Thank you!

We can't wait to welcome you back and ensure your next stay is as good as this one!

Take care!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

The Heathman is our go to hotel when in Portland. While we don't make it to Portland as often as we would like, the Heathman is our first choice in hotels. We had a corner room on this trip and it was very clean and comfortable. The service here is first class.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank AlandJanet

Dear AlandJanet,

We really appreciate you taking the time to review your experience at the Heathman Portland. We are pleased that we have become your home away from home whilst in the city! Sounds like everything went just perfect during you last stay and we can't wait to welcome you back to wow you once again!

Until then, take care!

Reviewed 15 June 2014

The staff were friendly and helpful, the room was comfortable and well-stocked. And the building had the character of an older establishment yet was well maintained, comfortable and modern in the rooms. The attached restaurant was nice, too.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Krissy S, Online Content Manager at The Heathman Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear layla207,

Thank you for taking the time to review your Heathman Portland experience! Glad to hear you could take advantage of all the amenities and were able to enjoy the restaurant as well! We hope it isn't long until we have the pleasure of welcoming you back!

Take care,

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I fell ill while staying at The Heathman and had to extend my stay as I was unable to travel. The staff at The Heathman were very accomodating and worked hard to ensure I was comfortable and had everything I needed while I recovered. They went above and beyond to ensure I was as comfortable at the hotel as I would be at home. The service was simply amazing.

Room Tip: The beds and pillows are extremely comfortable.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Katherine K.,

How unfortunate to fall ill during a business trip in a new city! We are so glad we could help and aid in easing the uncomfort of being sick! I hope that you have been able to fully recover and will be able to visit us again, when you are well and able to travel.
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience and rest assured, we will be sharing this with all the staff to ensure they are awarded for their great service.

Thanks again and hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 13 June 2014

The hotel is in a good location downtown. It's nice to walk in and realize the employees in the lobby actually know who you are and that you belong there. The hotel is accessible since there is a lift in addition to the stairs to the lobby. The lobby itself could use some updated seating, but don't let it mislead you, the rooms are up to date. I've stayed in other well rated Portland hotels and kept moving on to the next after a few stays as quality declined. I'll still be going back to the Heathmand because it's still as good as the first time I stayed there.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
HeathmanMGR, Front Office Manager at The Heathman Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Dear NotLostJustWandering,

Thank you for your kind commnents about The Heathman. We really appreciate you taking time to fill out a survey.

See you next time!

Best Regards,
JWilliams

Reviewed 11 June 2014

This trip was a visit to see my daughter that lives in Portland. The Heathman has always made us feel at home and well cared for. This trip was no exception! I love the new remodel! It was Rose Festival parade week-end so I was anticipating a lot of chaos during parade time. I appreciated the Heathman keeping their guest well informed of times that it would be best to come and go more comfortably. I will always stay there if they will have me!

Room Tip: I was on the 8 th floor and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Krissy S, Online Content Manager at The Heathman Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Esther L.,

We will always welcome you gladly! Happy belated birthday, we are so pleased we could be a part of the celebration and so glad that you enjoyed your time with us! Looking so forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 11 June 2014

The place was great. I loved the chaise longue - one of the most comfortable places to read I've ever found. A very comfortable bed (they offer three different mattress types). A fine bathroom. The restaurant appeared good, although I didn't eat there. I enjoyed the sidewalk tables, once for tea and once for a glass of wine. Great service in general. The only thing I didn't like was the way they handle the phone (once when I needed something no one answered and they couldn't give me driving directions when I called from my car, stuck because of closed roads on the day of an unexpected parade). I'll go back there next time I'm in Portland.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Mark W.,

Your review was great! Thank you! We are so glad to read such a positive and uplifting review! You visited during such a beautiful time of year, and it's wonderful to hear you enjoyed our outdoor dining options.
I do want to apologize for the service you received over the phone, I can understand that being very frustrating and we would never want that to be a memory you keep of the Heathman! We thank you for being so flexible and understanding the situation. We really appreciate your kindness!

Hoping to welcome you back again soon!