“Celebrities!!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Portland
“Celebrities!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2009

I was faced with a heat wave of 106 in Portland, a sick 10 month old and enough work waiting in my sweltering office for 10 people. What better way to escape then getting a room at the iconic destination of The Heathman Hotel. From the moment I pulled up out front door the pampering began. The door men rush to make the transition for the outside world to my new oasis an effortless breeze. The hosts at the desk welcomed us like we were VIP’s they had been waited for the arrival of. The Grand suite was truly the sweet life for a day. The room was immaculate, clean, elegant but welcoming and SO comfortable. There was every amenity I could hope for and the addition of dinning space, crows nest views, surround sound, three flat screens, including one viewed from the three head full shower room. My son had a blast exploring the baby safe suite. Then we ventured into the room service and were treated like royalty where no request was to grand. The crab cakes would have any San Franciscan ordering seconds and the cheese plate was no standard affair. By this time both my son and I were ready to become permanent residence. There is nothing impersonal about this luxury boutique hotel. I truly felt welcome, pampered, at home and SPOILED. Every interaction with the staff was a pleasure. And when the maid even came to turn down our bed, chill our water and offer any final house services for the night even my son was grinning ear to ear at her smile. We slept like two babies with not a sound from the street and a king size bed of luxury to hold us. The morning was so easy to get back to our waiting car and seamless check out. I have never been treated so well and had all the details handled for me. I recommend that even if you live in PDX or you have guest or business associates to house. GO WITH THE HEATHMAN HOTEL. I travel a great deal for business and this was truly the best hotel experience I have had.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank ecogreenbean

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (401)
Boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2009

Just spent a few days at The Heathman while on vacation. Great location! Staff were friendly and very helpful. Enjoyed some great meals in the restaurant. Really nice spot. Room and bathroom were very clean. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled solo
Las Vegas, NV
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2009

The staff is excellent and informative. The antique lounge is relaxing. They have a great chocolate store with gooooooood drinks!!! The doormen dress like old english style bellhops. The rooms are a little on the small side(a lot of historic hotels are like this). The rooms are clean. Taxis parked on the side of the hotel. The information the hotel staff gave me about Portland was consistent with the taxi drivers and very helpful. Located near PSU campus, a movie theater across the street, and a real performing arts historic theater next door. One of my 2 favorite hotels in Portland!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank GoldJewelry
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2009

Just returned from 3 nights in a symphony suite at the Heathman Hotel in Portland. As everyone else has said in their reviews, this hotel is wonderful. Nice big room (pull out sofa bed for my teenage son), second sink in vanity area outside bathroom was very helpful with three of us in the room, wonderful, knowledgeable staff. Great location within easy walking distance of shopping, museums, Chinese Gardens, Pearl district. Only suggestion would be to have some brighter lights in the room! We really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Coloraodo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2009

The Heathman has a great location in downtown Portland....we were attending the 2009 Portland Waterfront Blues Festival and it was a few city blocks away so were ecstatic about that. The room, a standard smoking on the sixth floor, was super clean and with great appointments. The bath, though somewhat small, had great fixtures, was newly renovated and had great shampoo and conditioner, something I am VERY picky about. The room comes with robes, mini bar, french press coffee, tea, and I had a featherbed. The service is impeccable, an incredibly eager to please staff. Food in the restaurant was delicious and I ate the lounge with live jazz music playing. Its pricey, I paid 172 plus 29 for valeting my car. But you get your moneys worth at this hotel. I give it five stars and would recommend it highly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Eugene, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2009

My husband and I stayed for 3 nights while he attended a conference and I did some book buying for the school where I am a librarian. Everything about the Heathman reeks of quality. The doorman dressed as a "Beefeater," the historic and characteristic architecture, the beautiful wood-paneled piano bar, the corridors with original Andy Warhol prints, the excellent service, but most of all those Tempurpedic beds. We never slept so well! I just wish all hotels had those beds, as the main reason you are staying at a hotel is for sleeping, right? It was also very convenient to many of Portland's major attractions, the Max rail, and has free high speed internet access, and a top-rated restaurant. But you can also walk to nearby restaurants of all types: Persian, Lebanese, seafood, traditional American cuisine, Kenny and Zukes amazing deli, Asian, and many other choices. You can also shop at Powell's bookstore, Nordstrom's, Saks, and many fine downtown shops. The Art Museum is also just steps away from the hotel.

• Liked — the fabulous bed
  • Disliked — view from our window wasn't anything special
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
tacoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2009

We were treated like Kings from the moment the valet took my keys until he returned them to leave for home. The Beefeater gave excellent recommendations for where to eat and what to visit during our stay and he had a great sense of humor. The front check in staff were friendly and very welcoming. I also noticed an employee -who I was later informed was in fact the General Manager of the Hotel, Chris Erickson- was in the lobby assisting a woman who started with a frustrated expression and left for her room with a smile. We only stayed a couple of nights but the kids enjoyed the hotel too, especially the interesting library. My kids are teens who appreciate books -which were even signed by the authors. We all really enjoyed the Andy Warhol art and ate one of our dinners in the dinning room which served excellent food. Overall, I would highly recomend this hotel to anyone looking for a comfortable, character hotel, that treats its guests with class.

• Stayed November 2008, travelled with family