I traveled to Portland for the first time on business in February. I enjoyed the Hilton Portland's central location (near streetcar and light rail). The staff was nice and helpful. Overall, I would give the Hilton Portland a 7.5 out of 10.
The reason the Hilton Portland did not get closer to 10 was that the climate control in my room did not work well at all. The thermostat said the air conditioning was at 65 degrees, but my alarm clock/thermometer showed that the room temperature never got below 73 degrees (and this is with 55-degree daytime outside temperature). The AC unit ran constantly. As I got in late in the evenings from meetings and did not want to lose sleep while maintenance worked on the AC, I just dealt with it (73 is not too uncomfortable).
I'm sure the AC issue was just a isolated incident with my room. However, the hotel did show signs of wear and tear (although it was apparent that efforts have been made to put a coat of paint over them).
I did not understand why the Hilton did not offer an airport shuttle. When I arrived at the airport, I saw vans fron the Embassy Suites, Marriott, and numerous other hotels. The additional money out of pocket to get a cab or other transportation is a consideration I am taking into account when planning my trip to Portland in March. Yes the light rail is nice (and cheap), but I don't want to walk blocks to my hotal with luggage in tow, especially if it's raining.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Portland & Executive Tower hotel in Portland, consists of two separate buildings and combined they offer 782 guest rooms as well as: The Main building, remodeled in 2014 offers:* HopCity Tavern & Market - our new restaurant concept featuring a modern American gastro-pub cuisine and a grab and go market featuring Stumptown coffee and grab and go snacks and sandwiches * UPS business center - staffed Mon-Fri and a 24-hour computer/internet access connectivity center * Wireless HSIA available in all guestrooms for a fee * Free Wifi in the lobby * Parking garage - Each building has their own garage for your added convenience. The Executive Tower, remodeled in 2015 showcases: * Concierge desk * Complimentary 24-hour fitness room with an indoor waveless lap pool * Computer/internet kiosk available in lobby * Wired and wireless HSIA available in all guestrooms for a fee * Free Wifi in the lobby * Parking garage - Each building has their own garage for your added convenience ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com and Hilton Hotels Direct so you can book your Hilton Portland & Executive Tower reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Portland And Executive Tower
- Hilton Portland & Executive Tower Hotel Portland
- Hilton Portland Executive Hotel
- Portland Hilton