“Fun and quirky”
Review of Jupiter Hotel

Jupiter Hotel
Ranked #70 of 144 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed 30 December 2013

The Jupiter has a chic motel vibe with funky rooms each decorated with unique artwork. The facilities are quite basic yet comfortable and there are lovely natural toiletries in the bathroom. The blackboard door with chalks is a nice little touch too. The restaurant is quite nice, the food was ok but not great. Very friendly and attentive staff.

The noise from the music venue and the restaurant is very loud and starts around 10am, can be heard in the room so try and stay as far away as possible. The hotel provides earplugs but they don't help much if you're staying near the venue like we were.

Not far from the famous Voodoo Donut which is a must for all Portland visitors!

Room Tip: Demand a room away from the venue!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
aljupiter, General Manager at Jupiter Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2014

Dear Maya808,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your observations as they truly are the best way we have to measure our performance as a hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the property overall but am sorry that noise was an issue, especially at 10am. We do not have any music shows that early on average so I am not sure what the source of the music was that you heard. I can say with 100% confidence that your issues with music that early, were a one-time occurrence and would not be repeated for future stays. My hope is that you give us another chance to show you how wonderful and peaceful a stay at the Jupiter can be.

Reviewed 19 December 2013

NOt sure this would be my first choice to stay. But if you see a show at the doug fir it is a great atmosphere after the show plus no driving home. Rooms are ok. Kind of old and small. Parking is tough don't bring a big vehicle or you'll be parking on the street. if you just going to pass out after the show the beds are great.

Room Tip: If you like to have fun a room next to the doug fir patio is great... if you want quiet stay far fro...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tomfromoregon
aljupiter, General Manager at Jupiter Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2013

Dear Tom M,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, we truly appreciate the feedback. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the comfy beds we have! We hope to have you back soon!

Reviewed 19 December 2013

The Jupiter hotel has a lovely boutique vibe and the staff are very helpful with any advise of help you might need. It also happens to be connected to the coolest small venue in the USA- The Doug Fir. Well worth catching a gig and rolling up to your room a little drunk!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Adsharrison

Dear Adsharrison,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your experience! The Doug Fir is a great place and we are definitely a great place to crash after a show as well as when you're just visiting Portland. Come back and see us soon!

Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

There was a nightclub across alley from room. Associated with hotel. So very loud and lots,of people. Some drunk. The guy at desk did come to my car and told some guys to leave us alone and get off property. That was as we got things from car. The room was so small , unclean, and I wanted to walk out. I was there to see doctors at OHSU and was very ill. I had to have surgery the next morning. So we just stayed. I had surgery so lucky me missed staying there the next few days. When released from hospital we went back there for our last night. The front desk said we should eat at restraunt on site. I think we had a coupon to. I took a bite of my food and I had to spit it out in a napkin it was so godawful bad. I have never done that before. So I ate some fruit. All in all it was all terrible. Never ever again. I read some of the good reviews and have to laugh. The place caters to young people and there is alot of partying in the rooms and outside of them near rooms. Walked thru pot smoke getting to room. The front desk said it was the rock and roll destination . So for that crowd I guess I can see maybe liking it. But I was done with all of that years and years ago. So if that isnt your thing consider yourself warned. There were no amenities. Price much much to high.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank ntrlly541

Dear ntrlly541,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for sharing your experience. I am very sorry to hear you had the experience you did. We try very hard to manage each stay for each guests individual needs and it sounds like we could have done better. I do wish that I had the opportunity to speak directly with you while you were here as I am confident that the issues you had could have been rectified real time so that your experience would have been as good as so many before you. Should you wish to give us another chance, I believe you would have a far better experience.

Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

The location was nice but these rooms are way overpriced and tiny! Also no mini fridge, unless you want to pay an additional $20 to have them unlock the kitchen portion of the room. This worked for one night but I would not stay here again, especially for what they charge.

Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Jenevie W

Dear Jenevie W,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I do appreciate your business. I am sorry to hear that you did not find value in your stay. Our rates like most hotels do fluctuate and we are always offering great deals on our website as well, being an independent hotel we are always willing to work with guests and their individual budgets. My hope is that you come back for another stay and give us the opportunity to custom tailor a stay for your needs and budget as I am confident we can do so.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

I stayed here during a bachelor party, and the place did not disappoint. The people were fun, the rooms trendy and chic, and the prices very reasonable. The condoms on the pillows en lieu of chocolates were a hilarious addition, and the location is great, allowing for easy walks to a lot of great spots. I would absolutely stay here again!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
aljupiter, General Manager at Jupiter Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2013

Dear AJSnyder,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your thoughts. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much. Our location is good for quick walks to some of the best up and coming restaurants and bars. I'm glad you enjoyed the atmosphere, value and the condoms. I hope to see you stay with us again sooner than later.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a couple nights to get out of the house and away from our normal day to day to celebrate our 5 year anniversary. While it was definitely a little noisy at night due to the concerts at the Doug Fir, we still really enjoyed ourselves (and they do provide earplugs just in case, though we didn't need them). I love the chalkboard doors, modern room decor, and earth friendly toiletries (esp the soap with the hole in the center, because no one ever makes it all the way through a bar of hotel soap). Breakfast at the Doug Fir is a must.

Room Tip: If you are not there for the concert, try a room at the far end for a bit quieter stay.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank D85
aljupiter, General Manager at Jupiter Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2013

Dear D85,

Happy Anniversary! Thank you for staying with us for such a special occasion. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the level of activity from the concerts did not bother you. I hope to have you stay with us again (hopefully before your next anniversary).