“Great job done; folks will like it here” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rodeway Inn Portland Airport

Rodeway Inn Portland Airport
Ranked #107 of 138 Hotels in Portland
St. Louis, MO
“Great job done; folks will like it here”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

While this is a low-key, budget-oriented place, and hardly new, the staff went out of their way to serve guests. Airport pickup service was good, breakfast was sparse but tasty (great coffee), and the location is good, just a block from a major transit stop. Was surprisingly very happy for the price I paid.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Quaker0ats
GMor179, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Portland Airport, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Thank you staying and taking the time to review you stat. We appreciate all comments because they make us strive to be better. We are a budget-oriented place because guests still like to spend their money on vacations and not hotels. My staff will always go out of their way to serve guests. Being 2.5 miles from the airport and just a block from a major transit stop our location is perfect for guest who do not want to mess with cars. We want to be your budget friendly hotel; give us a try.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Clats
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

To start, this was one of those hotels that I didn't feel comfortable taking my shoes off while walking to the bathroom even in the middle of the night. The room didn't seem clean (hairs, stained wash cloths, dirt, and dust in the bathroom). When my husband and I woke up the next morning we found blood stains on the sheets and little red things in the bed. A closer look found them to be bed bugs.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Heather S
We appreciate you letting us know at checkout that you encountered an issue with your stay. I am glad we were able to accommodate your misfortune with a free night stay. It is unfortunate that these bugs find their way in on people and their belongings. The hotel has many precautions for making sure that we do not end up with an infestation and my staff as well as myself are just as disturbed that they got past us this time.
Ossining, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

For the price, this was an outstanding value. The room was clean with updated/new furnishings. We did not smell the usual musty odor found in other like motels.
Our king size bed was VERY comfortable and the linens were clean. Bathroom was also clean. Staff were friendly and helpful. All in all, a good stay, and a great value.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank NancyMak
Thank you staying with us and your positive review is a great morale booster for staff and guests alike. We always want to provide you and outstanding stay with a great value attached. Our rooms are clean with updated/new furnishings if you stay in the new building.
The king size beds are comfortable. Our staff is always friendly and helpful. We strive to meet all your expectations.
Wapato, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

I took the family to Portland for an overnight trip and stayed at this motel. I got 2 rooms for $63 apiece, including taxes. I liked the price and the location. The beds were comfortable and the rooms were clean. For the price, I thought it was a very good deal. I'll stay there again.

Room Tip: It's a two story motel. Let them know whether you prefer 1st or 2nd floor.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank RegularGuy13
GMor179, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Portland Airport, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
The Rodeway Inn is a great hotel for guests looking for an economical, clean and no frills stay. The Rodeway Inn is an economical hotel but it is always clean and the staff provide exceptional customer service no matter what time of day or which hotel you choose to stay with because we have two hotels on property. The Rodeway for the economical guest and The Quality Inn and Suites for those who like frills with their hotel stays. We look forward to all future guests no matter what your needs are our staff will always try to accommodate your needs.
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

If you travel frequently, as I do, you probably arrive at a hotel property late into the wee hours. Often, the property is short staffed and offer little to no help. I have found one exception when traveling to the Portland area. The incredible "late night" staff - especially Chuck - at the Rodeway Inn on Sandy Blvd. always exceed my expectations. I was always greeted with a smile, even after a 1 am arrival, and Chuck couldn't be more helpful. Whatever was asked, he did with a genuine attitude of service and appreciation of having you as a Guest. Five Stars for Chuck!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Ray M
Thank you for staying with us and it was so nice to hear that the hotel and its staff exceeded your expectations. We always greet every guest with a smile. If you ask for it we will always try to accommodate with a genuine attitude of service and appreciation because we love having you as guests.
Hermiston, Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

I was first placed in room 166, which is a handicap access room and has an open shower, however, the shower dripped badly and water had leaked all over the floor. I am not handicapped either. I was moved to room 156, and found a musty odor, and the following morning, I noticed stained towels, a big spider in the shower and the shower leaked as well when I attempted to use it. Upon reporting this to the desk clerk, the manager on duty stated, "I guess you won't be staying here again.", in a somewhat condescending tone. I feel a full refund is in order for this disappointing stay.

Room Tip: The Quality Inn shares this property and it may be a better value. Airport Courtesy Shuttle Service...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank OregonTraveller824
GMor179, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Portland Airport, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review the Rodeway Inn PDX. I am sorry your stay was disappointing. I would be happy to discuss this further with you. Please free to contact me so we can investigate this matter further.
White Salmon, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

I booked a night at this property before a recent flight out of PDX. I was looking for an inexpensive hotel to crash at before my early morning departure. The room was comfortable and the bed was nice. The appointments were very Spartan, but acceptable by any standards. Unfortunately the hotel is surrounded by busy roads, highways, and a freeway so there was no escaping the traffic racket!

I considered using my earplugs, but didn't want to miss my alarm and flight. The rate was great! The room was comfortable & acceptable. I can't complain to much as it was almost everything I desired. I just wish it was a bit quieter, but it fit the bill......

Room Tip: Good luck in avoiding the traffic noise!!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
GMor179, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Portland Airport, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Thank you for staying with The Rodeway Inn at the airport. It is true we do have a very busy main street and the entrance/exit to 205. However; when you check in if you let us know what you need to have a restful, relaxed stay we will do our very best to accommodate your needs. We would have been happy to make sure you received an inside room away from the traffic noise and you can always state this need in your reservation. The Rodeway is a great hotel is you need a comfortable bed and great customer service.