“Easy stay”
Review of Dossier

Dossier
Ranked #25 of 144 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed 2 May 2014

After driving 10 hours from San Francisco we were tired. We pulled up in front of the hotel and immediately greeted by a very calm, friendly valet who gave us great advice and service. We walked right in the front doors and within 45 seconds had room keys, a bottle of water, and friendly service. Our room on the 18th floor was gorgeous, clean, spacious, and modern. We were able to walk to a store, the famous food trucks, coffee, and shopping within seconds. The valets continued to be able to give us friendly advice and directions. The wifi was fast, elevators too, and had a lovely drink lounge.
Would return for longer as this place is classy, clean, and superior customer service.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Westin_Portland_GM, General Manager at Dossier, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

The drive from San Francisco can be a long trek, so I am thrilled to hear that you found renewal waiting for you upon arrival. It sounds as though you were able to take advantage of all the things our great location has to offer. We are grateful for the feedback and thrilled that you found the experience in Portland to be rejuvenating. Thank you for choosing to stay with The Westin Portland.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

First time visiting Portland and I absolutely loved the Westin Portland. This "boutique" style Westin property located just one block off Pioneer Courthouse Square puts it in the middle of everything. The staff was very friendly, knowledgeable and always there to help. You will find a huge variety of great shops and restaurants within walking distance. My room was very clean, comfortable and offered a great view. I really enjoyed the huge bathroom and the heavenly bed but they don't offer a lot of bathroom amenities. Had a little trouble with the USB ports not wanting to charge my iPad and iPhone directly but I brought an additional charger. During my four night stay, I was able to experience the Daily Grill and thought the service and food was exceptional and much better than other hotel restaurants. Overall, this hotel is very nice and I cannot wait to return.

If you will be flying into Portland (PDX) take a red line TriMet light rail train from the airport to the Westin Portland. Taking just 40 minutes and costing you $2.50, this hotel is just one block from the Pioneer Square North station.

Room Tip: This property has 19 floors and offers the best views from the higher floors
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 April 2014

The Westin Portland seems more like a "Boutique" hotel instead of the normal Westin chain. The location is excellent and right across from the famed Portland Food Trucks. There is also a restaurant and bar attached. The staff was great! They were knowledgeable, and friendly. We stayed on the 18th floor and had great views and a large room. The rain shower in the bathroom and the tub just added to the surprise of a very large bathroom. There was a coffee maker and water which again... added to the wonderful feel of the hotel. Again.. the room and bath were big, but the hotel still felt like a boutique. The halls were small (in a good way) and the décor was subtle and zen like!

Room Tip: Go high for great views.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Westin_Portland_GM, General Manager at Dossier, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. It is great to hear that you enjoyed The Heavenly Shower and that your stay was renewing. Our goal is to insure that we create an environment that allows you to connect with the unique nature of Portland and it sounds like our location and décor helped to provide that feeling. Also, you could not be more correct in that the location to those food carts is great, however they are terribly tempting. Again, thank you for taking the time to offer us some insight into your most recent stay. We will hope to welcome you back to Portland very soon.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

This boutiqey hotel in a central downtown Portland location is nicely situated. Close to central shopping district, boutiques, restaurants and more. Close to transit stations and more. Rooms are comfortable. We were on the 18th floor with a nice view and great simple decor. The bathroom was ample with a great shower, bathtub and great towels and robes. Nice service and support.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your lovely comments. It sounds like you were able to take advantage of all the great benefits our central location provides. Our Heavenly Showers are one of my favorite amenities that we offer and are well paired with our oversized bathrooms and getting you on the road to renewal. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Portland when your travels next bring you to The Rose City.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

We have stayed at other Westin hotels. The rooms in this one looked old and were small. There are no coffee makers! The carpet and the curtains were not very clean (dust and dirt behind the windows-I got to discover this because my toddler likes to play hide and seek behind the curtains!). The bathtub wasn't clean. The bathroom sink had water backing up in it and after a couple of uses the water was completely backed up and looked gross. Although, the hotel was in a good location and the staff were very friendly, I don't think I'll be staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Mmirf

Thank you for taking the time to offer insight into your experience. I am sorry that we did not better meet your expectations. I will be sharing the feedback with our team and working to address the issues that you noted. Our coffee makers are placed in the Armoire in the room in a pull out shelf and can occasionally be over looked. We take great pride in exceeding our guests expectations and clearly fell short of that mark for you and your family. I would welcome further discussion if you wish to contact me directly at matt.tronsdal@westin.com. Again, please accept my apologies for a lackluster performance and know that we will be addressing your concerns in short order.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I've been to a lot of Westins and most have been pretty good. However, I was really surprised with this particular hotel. Not your typical Westin but more of a boutique hotel. Very good service with friendly staff in a very central location. Overall, nice experience. Excellent value.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We stayed here when I was in Portland for a work-related event. My husband and I were impressed by the cleanliness of the room and especially by the bathroom. The room was fairly basic but still nice, our view wasn't the best but it also could've been worse. The bathroom was almost as large as the rest of the room and was like an oasis. It had a large soaking tub and a waterfall shower. The bathroom was significantly more impressive than the room itself. The staff was friendly and helpful and we had a nice stay. This was March of 2013 but I can't select that.

Room Tip: Request a view
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business