“great overnight stay”

oahu
“great overnight stay”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

great overnight stay.
hotel is right in the middle of downtown, next to shopping, food, and seemed to be a lot of clubs and such.
I got in late, so the place was packed with cars and people j-walking.
checkin was smooth, issue that they didn't code correctly either of my keys and had to go back to the desk to fix.
Parking is 37$ to valet, with self parking a block down for 26$.
check the metered parking, for certain times you don't have to pay. I got in about 10pm until 1pm the next day and didn't have to pay a thing.
room was incredible, spacious with a tub and shower.
only other thing I can think of is that the elevators, there are only 2. but like 15-20 floors with about 20-25 rooms per floor...so you do the math on waiting for the elevator.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank shanefull

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 23 July 2014

1. The front desk lady who checked me in was very friendly and very respectful even though my appearance was shabby. Kudos to her.
2. The room was very clean and comfortable. I stayed for two days.
3. Great location.
4. I probably stayed at hundred different hotels in the last 10 years and this ranks near the top.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank John R
Lutz, Florida
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I hold SPG Gold status and used my points to stay at the Westin Portland for the weekend of my 50th birthday. This weekend reminded me why I am loyal to the SPG brand.

We checked in very late, around 12:30 am. The night front desk agent, Steven was beyond friendly and helpful, making our check-in easy. We received an upgrade to a suite on the Penthouse Floor with an amazing view. During our stay, we were comp'd a bottle of champagne and a bottle of Pinot Noir in honor of my milestone birthday.

The room and the hotel facility were outstanding. We have stayed at many Westins around the world and this was the best we've experienced. It is a smaller 19 story building. The view from the top was great. Our room had 2 huge windows over looking the city, a sitting area, a plush kind bed and a large bathroom with a tub and separate shower. The decor was typical Westin along with the signature Westin scent and toiletries.

Getting to the hotel is easy from the airport using the Tri-met MAX Red line. It is about a block from the Pioneer Square stop. Portland is such a great walking city and we found almost everything to be walking distance from the hotel.

We originally wanted to use our points to stay at The Nines. I am so glad it was not available because I cannot imagine having a better experience than we had at the Westin!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Randy S
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is perfectly located: across the street from 40+ food trucks, short walk to river, steps from the pearl district. We were thrilled. Service was excellent. Clean, nice decor, relaxing lounge for drinks. I wouldn't stay anywhere else!

Stayed July 2014
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Hotel is centrally located to restaurants, theater, Pearl District, business offices, and food trucks. Has a boutique feel with full Westin services and resources.
Hotel staff is unsurpassed in friendliness, knowledge, and willingness to help.
Convenient and attractive privately managed bar and restaurant within hotel.
Definitely recommended for business or pleasure.
My wife and I recently stayed here for a week and enjoyed every minute with the
hotel and staff.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Los Altos Hills, California
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

What a wonderful stay! My husband is a frequent traveller and a Starwood Platinum member and set up a surprise anniversary weekend stay here! I couldn't be more impressed with the service and the suite! We received a fabulous bottle of champagne and a thoughtful card from Nic! Great recommendations from Nicole for wonderful outings and restaurants in the Portland area! Thanks for making this an anniversary to remember!!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
NYC
Reviewed 10 July 2014

The Westin Portland is a nice but not outstanding Hotel in the heart of downtown Portland. I stayed here for 4 nights on a business trip in late June.
Location: The hotel itself is well located in downtown Portland. Unfortunately the conference I was attending was across the river at the convention center. While this wasn't awful and only a 15 minute trip by light rail, it was not terribly convenient. I thought about walking but was advised against this by the hotel staff. Also I was a little creeped out by the amount of homeless ppl and pan handlers in the city. I have lived in Chicago, NYC and Washington DC and only DC comes close.
Room: I was initially placed in a corner room on the 4th floor. Unfortunately there was a whistling coming from a broken window that I knew would drive me crazy. Thankfully the front desk staff was able to find me another room. The room was relatively large, well appointed (although not fancy) and quiet. Standard flat screen TV with the usual SPG channels. The bathroom was quite large although there was no tub only a walk in shower. The shower had a tiny amount of mold around the lower edges but nothing terrible (I'm not a big mold person, but if it grosses you out, this could be a big deal). Weirdly the shower was very dated, framed with metal instead of a modern "frame-less" design, even though the rest of the fixtures looked very up to date.
Service: I thought the daily maid service was perfectly acceptable, no nighttime turn down (this isn't a St Regis). The front desk was friendly and as mentioned moved my initial room without issues.
Food: There is free coffee in the lobby in the mornings. I did not use the restaurant or room service at any time.
Overall this was a perfectly serviceable hotel but I thought it was somewhat expensive (even for the "reduced" conference price) and lacking compared to really nice Westins I've stayed at.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business