“Some of the best Que we've had”

Big Al's Firehouse Grill
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Edmonton, Canada
“Some of the best Que we've had”
Reviewed 10 July 2012

We arrived minutes too late for anything out of the oven.....we did score a set of baby backs to reheat. Wow, I can only imagine how good they would be fresh BECUASE reheated they were fantastic. Perfect mix of smoke and spice, tender but not overdone...too many places think fall off the bone means perfect cooking but any BBQ expert worth their salt will talk about the bend factor and these guys nail that aspect too.

Worth diverting for.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank ChillyAlbertans

Redmond, Oregon
“wow!!”
Reviewed 15 June 2012

DO NOT JUDGE THIS BOOK BY IT"S COVER!!!
I have only been to Big Al's once, but it was a fantastic experience! I will be going back. The food was astoundingly fabulous (no joke)! I had a brisket sandwich that melted in my mouth. This was the best brisket I've ever had - and, Yes, I've had brisket from Texas. The guys behind the grill as hilarious. They are true Americans, God fearing - flag saluting, meat grilling men. They pay tribute to firemen everywhere and have a real public service background. Absolutely going back.
Do not let the fact that this place is half way between Redmond and Prinville - in Powell Butte get in your way of your next meal. You will not be disappointed.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank nailstrails
Eugene, Oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best bang for your buck”
Reviewed 15 June 2011

Wow, out in the middle of nowhere is the best bbq in Central Oregon. Big Al has put Powell Butte on the map. Friendly family atmosphere, great food and service. There were 9 of us and the food was served quickly. Loved the sweet potato fries.

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank dritter461
Juneau, AK
“Top quality BBQ and burgers!”
Reviewed 15 June 2011

I sought out Big Al's while visiting Bend as I know the owners, Al and Chad Edwards, and wanted to experience their food. Four of us made the half hour drive to Powell Butte. Big Al's is a road side stand with a couple of picnic tables out front and huge line of hot sauces on the custom built red bar (as in belly up to the bar). We had the Gyro, Barn Burner Burger, Smoked Brisket Sandwich, fries w/ secret sauce and the onion rings. Everything was delicious and I was so glad we made the trip. Check out Big Al's, you'll be glad you did.

• Visited May 2011
1 Thank Kissthesky
Eugene, Oregon
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed 12 June 2011

Stopped by this place and it was amazing... Loved the ribs and my wife had the pulled pork sandwich and she enjoyed it very much. We happened to stumble upon it on our way to the Sisters Rodeo. Its about a 20 minute drive from Bend.

Visited June 2011