“Brasada Ranch -- customer is king!”
Review of Brasada Ranch

Brasada Ranch
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Powell Butte
West Hartford, Connecticut
“Brasada Ranch -- customer is king!”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

From the time we arrived for a long weekend to the time we departed (too soon), the staff was attuned and attentive to our every need, always one step ahead but never intrusive. The facilities, setting and dining are all spectacular, but the genuine, personal focus on our experience by every staff member was truly distinctive. We were there as a 12-man golf outing, but there were couples on romantic getaways, multi-generational families (including kids) on reunion trips, and even a wedding there the same weekend -- and Brasada's vibe is so open and comfortable that all enjoyed the place (and each other!) equally, but each in a way that was perfect for their purpose. Truly a special place that I would not only recommend most highly, but will go out of my way to return to with my wife, family and friends.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Jeff S, General Manager at Brasada Ranch, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Dear Greg A,

Thank you for sharing your most recent experience on TripAdvisor with our fans. We are delighted that this visit swayed you to want to return with your family and that you truly enjoyed many of the features and our teams attentiveness that make the resort so special.
We appreciate you taking a moment to comment on your stay and look forward to welcoming you and your family back to The Ranch in the near future.

Jeff

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 31 October 2013

My daughter and I stayed at Brasada Ranch for 6 nights from Sept 7 to Sept 13, great time to stay after the Labor Day rush. How can one not love this property? My daughter had 3 horse back riding trips, (Chris is fabulous) and we both had a number of Spa treatments, which were superb. One day they forgot to turn on the steam shower for me, and I was disappointed, but that was really nothing, in terms of the good service and good food, and quality experience we enjoyed.

I thought the food was delicious and actually reasonably priced for a spa, especially compared to California and Colorado prices, anyway. We especially enjoyed breakfast in the Ranch House in the morning. Good, fast, convenient, well priced and good service. We stayed in a cabin on one of the golf tees and it was quiet, lovely, serene and so clean and convenient. (we enjoyed hearing the golfers discuss their game!) One thing you might not know is that the cabins are a good 10 to 15 minute walk from the main Ranch House, so we were glad we rented a car.

The front desk is good about picking you up in a golf cart if you need it (or a van) like when my daughter had her horse back rides, as the ranch area is a bit away from the main area. The property is large and expansive.

I experienced wonderful service from Erin, Mary P and Debra. They made sure to take care of our reservations, and our bill - which I would recommend you thoroughly check before paying.

We made our reservations in January, 2013, for a September vacation. There did seem to be a communication problem about our package and none of the notes about our special package evidently made it to the day we arrived (wine in our room, all of our spa certificates, etc) I was told they were all upset about this, and had a meeting about it, and I hope they did. I did think a few times that a "manager of communications" might be a good staff employee for Brasada, for as well as they do the big things, small things do fall through, like attentiveness to the cabin cleaning, towels, garbage, etc. We did have problems with the gate code and one of the ranch check in hostesses basically was like, "oh, well." One of the staff over heard this exchange and he offered to go with me to try the gate code and we solved the problem.

One of the best days we spent was the brewery tour where a bus comes and picks you up and takes you to Bend, and what a wonderful day! We also stocked our kitchen at the grocery store in Redmond, so for 6 days, that was helpful.

Bend is so fun, and we enjoyed the nature and beauty of Brasada. We thought about the Ranch House suites for next time, but sounds like the cabins are the way to go, and I would higher recommend them. They do hold corporate events and outings in the ranch house and the surrounding area, and you can't blame them for that. As for the cabins,just find out in advance about towels, soap, garbage, and cleaning service, as they really don't tell you.

It would be good for Brasada to have a person or two to work on escalations, and things that fall through the cracks as it appears this happens routinely. But I am not sure any property is perfect, and Bradsada Ranch sure comes close. We loved it there! thank you, Sharon and Korrin.

Room Tip: if possible get the cabins with the hot tub on the deck/patio on one of the golf tees! Also ask abo...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Jeff S, General Manager at Brasada Ranch, responded to this review, 2 November 2013
Dear 99sharone,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience to our Trip Advisor friends, we appreciate your feedback. I was happy to read your comments regarding your trail rides, spa treatments, dining at the Ranch House, the wonderful service you received from Mary, Debra and Erin including your time in Bend where beer is on tap in this town. I apologize that we did not inform you that housekeeping services are performed every third day and the details of your stay that we missed will be reviewed with our Guest Services Manager. We take your observations very seriously and we will utilize your comments to emphasize the importance of high quality service during our ongoing team training. We do hope to welcome you back to Brasada Ranch in the near future. Again, thank you for sharing the positive and constructive aspects of your stay.
Kindest regards,
Reviewed 26 October 2013

We were in need of a short but luxe getaway from Portland, and thought Brasada Ranch was just the ticket. It was, however, a mixed bag. Here are some of the pros & cons:

Pros
- It was definitely a beautiful property. We stayed in a one-bedroom "cabin," which turned out to be about 1,500 sq. ft, with a well-equipped kitchen (stainless appliances, granite countertop, you get the idea), a comfy living room with a large flat panel TV, gas fireplace, spacious bedroom with another fireplace and a small fridge, a sumptuous bathroom with a soaking tub and a separate, roomy shower. Our "cabin" came with a hot tub on the large deck, as well as a grill, table for four and a couple of chaises. All very clean and lovely.
- At night, after sitting in the hot tub, we sat on the deck and saw the entire sky lit up with stars. With no city lights to compete with, it was a magnificent, natural spectacle unlike anything I had seen before.
- On that beautiful evening, we also heard coyotes howling in the distant sagebrush. Another first for me.
- The Athletic Center was gorgeous with two well-landscaped pools, an exercise room, a snack bar (everything closed at 8:00pm).

Cons:
- Despite the magnificent, natural setting of the Ranch, our cabin looked out over a street, lined with similar-looking cabins.
- There was no housekeeping (only once every 3 days). We had to keep calling for clean towels, and none of our wet, used towels were removed from the bathroom.
- No hair dryer, no robes.
- On our second night, we sat outside again to enjoy the peace and beauty only to hear someone playing the drums! It turned out to be a band playing in the restaurant, and we were nowhere near the main Ranch House. It thundered on until 11:00 pm, and ruined our evening. Who comes out to the middle of nowhere in Central Oregon to listen to a band? Sadly there were no stars or coyotes for us that night.
- We called the front desk a couple of times, and no one picked up. The third time, the phone got transferred to the restaurant, and the person who picked up was quite clueless.
- The staff in the restaurant had no business working in an exclusive property. We got a couple of young waitresses who couldn't pronounce items on the menu, had no idea what kind of cognac was available at the bar. They were amateurish and belonged at Applebee's.

So in conclusion, the physical "hardware" of Brasada Ranch was exceptional, but much work is needed on the running of this place. With the lofty prices they charge, guests expect near-perfection. That, they did not deliver.

Room Tip: If you are booking a suite in the Ranch House, make sure you ask about the band in the restaurant on...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank GreekGeorge G
Jeff S, General Manager at Brasada Ranch, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Dear Greek George G,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share you experience on Trip Advisor, we appreciate your feedback. I was happy to read your comments regarding the cleanliness, size and features of your cabin exceeded your expectations. I apologize that we did not remove your soiled towels, and your experience with the band and restaurant staff. This certainly not the type of service we strive to provide to our guests. Please rest assured that I will be sharing your comments with our team. We take your observations very seriously and we will utilize your comments to emphasize the importance of high quality service during our ongoing team training. Again, thank you for sharing the positive and constructive aspects of your recent stay. On behalf of the entire team, we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming back to the Ranch in the near future.
Regards,
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I was very pleasantly surprised. Only 3 hours from Portland. Nice for a weekend or weeklong vacation close to home. The weather is a bit drier and warmer than Portland (at least in Spring/summer/fall). The views are amazing. You're looking at the snow-capped mountains everywhere you go. They have 1-3 room cabins. I would rate on the more luxurious end. Washer, dryer, full kitchen, with all the needed utensils, pots/pans, etc. Some even have an outdoor hottub.

Golf course is supposedly decent. They have an athletic club with indoor/outdoor pools. Toddler pool. Decent gym. Teenager hangout area with video games, ping pong, air hockey, foos ball, and a small rotating climbing wall. They have a few ponds stocked with large mouth bass, crappie, and bluegills. Equestrian riding center. Tons of biking and hiking in close vicinity.

I only wish Bend was a bit closer. Other than that I would love to be back. Great family place.

They had a small wedding there and it didn't seem crowded at all.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Jeff S, General Manager at Brasada Ranch, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Dear nahlalee,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review! We are so glad that you were able to enjoy the Ranch and what it has to offer. We will pass along your compliments to our team, and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back to The Ranch.
Big Sky
Reviewed 4 October 2013

I just had the pleasure of my first visit to Brasada Ranch. While I was only on property for 24 hours, I was able to experience many of the touch points the community offers firsthand. Every detail of the experience met or exceeded my expectations. The lodging was luxurious and comfortable, the food in the Ranch House was outstanding! I only visited the practice facility at the golf course, and it is awesome...the bent grass greens were true and fast, and the practice facility offers a great putting green and short game practice area. I could have spent the day there. All this, and there seemed to be very little play on the course. The architecture on the property is a refreshing and bright mountain contemporary style, and the construction quality is higher than I anticipated for a property in this price range. I only wish I had my wife and children with me so they could have enjoyed the spa and children's activities. I met several of the key professionals on the property whom all took the time to visit with me personally, and each embodied a professional yet casual demeanor which was very welcoming. Brasada is a hidden gem, and an up and comer in the Central Oregon and Pacific Northwest resort and membership community. I'm already looking forward to my next visit, and I would encourage anyone who enjoys golf, spa, dining, and an active outdoor family lifestyle to check it out...you will be happy you did!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Will L
Jeff S, General Manager at Brasada Ranch, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Dear Will L,
Thank you for taking the time to provide such positive feedback regarding your most recent stay at Brasada Ranch. We are truly pleased that you enjoyed your experience and that our Team Members exceeded your expectations. We are lucky to be in such a beautiful location, and enjoy sharing this with our guests. We hope to see you and your family on The Ranch in the near future.
Regards,
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Very nice cabins and great golf course but never have seen as incompetent service ANYWHERE in the world (and I'm an airline pilot) as the Ranch House for dinner . Those two girls need some serious training . We ate breakfast there and the service was great. We probably will not return because of the uncompetent service.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Eddie737
Jeff S, General Manager at Brasada Ranch, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
Dear Eddie737,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review. We appreciate your feedback. I was disappointed to learn that your dining service experience fell short of the quality level we strive to deliver. I am truly sorry that we let you down. Please rest assured that I have shared your comments with our team. We take your observations very seriously and we will utilize your comments to emphasize the importance of high quality service during our ongoing team training.

We would certainly like you to return to Brasada Ranch for a future visit to experience the quality of service for which we are known. Please feel free to contact me directly, I would be happy to personally make arrangements for your future visit.

Thank you again for your feedback.
Connecticut
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Stayed at Brasada with a group of friends for a golf trip. Everything was top notch. The golf course is challenging, but playable and in extremely good condition. The food and service were excellent. The facilities are great. Will come back with the family next time.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Jeff S, General Manager at Brasada Ranch, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
Dear JJJ1234JJJ,

Thank you for your review of Brasada Ranch on Trip Advisor, we appreciate your feedback. We are very pleased you enjoyed your visit and you found the golf course to your liking including your comment on the excellent service. We look forward to your return to The Ranch with your family in the near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Powell Butte
Hampton Inn & Suites Bend
Pine Ridge Inn
Pine Ridge Inn
#8 of 44 in Bend

Been to Brasada Ranch? Share your experiences!