“Old School, But Could Be Better”

Jana's Tastee Treet
Ranked #5 of 43 Restaurants in Prineville
Cuisines: American
Description: Phone: 541-447-4165
Description: Phone: 541-447-4165
Reviewed 29 May 2013

I appreciate the fact that this place has been around since the 50's, but the food could use an upgrade. I had shrimp and fries. The shrimp wasn't too bad, but the fries were a bit on the greasy side. I also ordered a huckleberry shake and that came out OK. There is outdoor seating for nice days which we did not take advantage of. Nice selection of menu items for a hamburger style place. Service got better when more employees showed up. It wasn't too busy for a Monday night. Always great to see these places still around. Just needs a slight improvement with the food.

1  Thank Rainier72

Reviewed 29 December 2012

I thought this would be an excellent hole-in-the-wall burger place but man was it gross. The fries were the greasiest mess of fries I've ever had. Can't remember the burger - the fries just grossed me out. Looks like its been here a while, so maybe I was here on a bad day.

Reviewed 31 October 2012

We ate here while passing through town -- wanted something quick to eat before heading back to our motel for a football game on tv. We each ordered burgers, fries and a shake. All were very good -- we "ate in" and enjoyed the rock countertop while waiting [oohing and aahing at the pretty rocks]. The 2 employees were *really* hustling, but were both chatty and friendly. The food was prepared in a reasonable amount of time.

The eating area is quite small so be prepared to listen to other conversations [egads, not good during hunting season!].

1  Thank runningwithscissors
Reviewed 21 August 2012

Made a quick stop for ice cream break on a cross state trip. Cones, shakes and a sundae were large and tasty. Large food menu for a little place, but we didn't try anything else. I'm a sucker for a neon ice cream cone sign.

1  Thank starchucks1969
Reviewed 15 July 2012

I was surprised they were open for breakfast but was even more surprised with the great food. Diner style restaurant with stools and counters.