“The management of this motel has improved”

Econo Lodge Prineville
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Prineville
Reviewed 9 November 2013

The new lady at this motel is trying very hard to improve the overall image. And I think it is working. It used to be you could not trust the rate you were promised, not so anymore. At this point I would recommend it over for example The city Center Motel. The rooms are more spacious, particularly the bathrooms with a full tub & shower. The continental breakfast could stand some improvement, stronger coffee and orange juice instead of Sunny-D but all in all I'd recommend this motel to anyone for a comfortable stay. I wish I could remember the woman's name; she will work with you on an extended stay rate etc. If there was a 3.5 on the scale I'd up the rating!

Room Tip: I suppose the away from the parking lot and at the end the furthest away from Main St. I can see whe...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank vovhund
SunitaC, General Manager at Econo Lodge Prineville, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2013

Dear Stevenson,

Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to improve and continue to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 16 August 2013

The Econo Lodge in Prineville is a clean, friendly, inexpensive place to stay. The breakfast is bagels, muffins, coffee, and orange juice. Not fancy, but adequate. The staff are really helpful. I've stayed there twice now and plan to stay more in the future.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Rob D
SunitaC, Manager at Econo Lodge Prineville, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2013

Dear Rod.

Reviewed 31 July 2013 via mobile

Needed a last minute room, stayed just 1 night as we couldn't sleep due to the bar next door and the drunks running through the halls all night yelling. The continental breakfast consisted of Sunny D, coffee, and there was one bagel. It was a roof overhead for the night. Decided to move down the street to the Best Western for our remaining time in Prineville.

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear Logowears

Reviewed 20 July 2013

On the last leg of my road trip, I discovered that I need a layover spot for one more night. I chose this motel, because it was the cheapest one I could find at the last minute. All I needed was a place to shower and sleep until morning and this place fit the bill.

Located in the center of town, it is also next door to the local bar/hangout, probably the only one in town. The music/noise wasn't a problem, I didn't even notice. Parking is sufficient, but if you get there late, expect to have to park out back behind the motel.

The WiFi and TV worked well enough and more importantly, the A/C was strong and powerful. However, the A/C is pointed right at the bed, so it can get chilly in the middle of the night if you have it running full blast.

This place was built in the 50's or 60's and looks it. A lot of the fixtures date back to then and the rooms haven't been reworked since. There's a definite shortage of power sockets. I found the clock unplugged from the extension cord where it looks like the maid had run over it with the vacuum.

Breakfast was muffins, bagels, juice, milk coffee, etc... good enough to get you back on the road in the morning.

Overall, this motel was clean and comfortable enough for an overnight stay, but I would chose someplace else if I were planning to spend any significant amount of time at the motel itself.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Frank H
SunitaC, Manager at Econo Lodge Prineville, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2013

Hi Frank,
Thanks for taking the time to voice your thoughts frankly. We are in the process of planning renovations and your concerns with the outlets and A/C positioning will be added to the list of improvements. Also, I apologise for the clock; I will ask our housekeepers to be more attentive in the future. Your feedback has been helpful.
Thanks,
Management

Reviewed 10 July 2013

We stayed here several nights recently. I was a bit worried when I drove up as it looked a bit..well, really budget...but the rooms were very clean, the staff was friendly, and the bed was comfortable. Even though it was right in the heart of downtown during a busy weekend, our room was very quiet. Everything was close, and the manager was very helpful with recommendations. We will definitely stay there again when we go back to Oregon. The rooms are small, but have everything you need including a little table, TV, and tissues! (surprisingly missing in other pricier hotels I've stayed in recently!)

Room Tip: Rooms on east side are probably quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nocotravelgal
SunitaC, General Manager at Econo Lodge Prineville, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2013

Dear Nocotravelgal,

Reviewed 25 June 2013

I stayed at the econolodge to get out of the rain and have internet access. both were easily accomplished here. the front desk clerk was very friendly and offered me a discounted price to cement the sale. the room was very clean, with a work table, queen bed, microwave and refrigerator. the bathroom includes a tub and was. also clean. there is an extra $10 for the pet, which seems a bit steep. overall good value.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank dragon55

Hi,
Thanks for taking the time for writing a review for us. I'm glad to hear that we left a positive impression after your stay. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Prineville.
Thanks,
Management

Reviewed 15 June 2013

I have stayed at the Econo Lodge in Prineville Oregon several times while fly fishing the nearby Crooked River. This motel passes the 3 "C" test - it is clean, comfortable, and cheap. Much nicer than a camp site! The manager is very friendly and goes out of her way to make your stay pleasant. Although it is located on a main street, it is relatively quiet at night although I always take ear plugs when traveling. Ask for a second story room - no noise from above. There are no elevators. The continental breakfast is satisfactory: large muffins, bagels/cream cheese, coffee, juice. I will be staying here whenever fishing nearby.

Room Tip: Upstairs room is quieter but no elevator
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
SunitaC, Manager at Econo Lodge Prineville, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2013

Thank you for your review. We take pride in providing our customers with clean, comfortable rooms at reasonable prices and look forward to hosting your next stay in Prineville.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Prineville
Best Western Prineville Inn
#8 of 8 in Redmond
Crooked River Inn
Crooked River Inn
#2 of 4 in Prineville

Been to Econo Lodge Prineville? Share your experiences!