“Yum!”

Beckie's Cafe
Ranked #1 of 9 Restaurants in Prospect
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Great food and the pie is to die for. I stopped for a burger and pie to go before I headed home. It's often busy so you may have to wait for a seat and meal at times, but it's worth it. Relax and enjoy.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

If you are looking for a tender flaky fruity piece of pie, this is not the place for you. We ate the BBQ across the street for dinner and it was very good indeed. After dinner I walked over to Beckie's and ordered two pieces of pie to go. The wait staff were not friendly, and even bordered on "rude." The pie was expensive, but I had read so many good things about it, I didn't mind paying the high price.

The first thing I noticed about the pie was that the crust was thick and tough to cut. I had a very hard time cutting the bottom crust with the plastic fork they gave me. The bottom crust was very soggy. I had expected some wonderful berry flavor to my pie, but that was missing. I had ordered the blackberry pie. The filling was very heavy and almost gloppy. It did appear to be canned. The berries were not the star of this pie, but the corn starch glop seemed to be the predominate ingredient. No spice in the pie, but just sugar, corn starch and berries. I had a hard time finishing it.

Typical diner type pie. Noting special, just ok.

1  Thank Sylvia S
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Had a very nice breakfast here with the family. Every dish was well prepared, right down to the fluffy and light scrambled eggs.

Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Beckie's was a cute place to eat breakfast on my family's way to explore Crater Lake! The omelettes were all delicious and were more than enough food for one person a piece!!! We got there early before the crowds of people came, but service was a tad slow as they were very busy. But the waitress was attentive to our coffee and drinks and was very friendly. Our food took a while to come but it was absolutely scrumptious!!

On our way back through after exploring Crater Lake, we stopped and bought a pecan pie that was to die for!!! A little over priced but was delicious!!

In response to the few "poor" and "very poor" reviews about this restaurant.....
Beckie's is one of only a handful of restaurants located in that area. Therefore, one should expect it to be very busy. Crater Lake is a huge attraction in all of Oregon. So where do you think all the tourists will eat at while they're there??

As for the person who said the huckleberry pie and other pies were "to (*too) sweet".....
It's a pie! It's supposed to be sweet! Ha!!

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Right off the top, they have outstanding onion rings. The burgers were average and the service was pretty slow. Our waitress was running, but they needed more help. Probably a 20 minute wait to get our food ordered. The building and the other immediate area is just neat to see and enjoy during your meal. Very friendly staff. Beckie's is known for their pie. The boysenberry was off-the-charts good. The peanut butter pie was just average.