“Not impressed.”
Review of Super 8 Redmond

Super 8 Redmond
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Redmond
Reviewed 14 April 2012

Front desk staff treated us like criminals when we walked through the door. Booked 2 months early and paid in full but there were no fridges or microwaves available when we arrived. Not impressed and won't be back.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Reviewed 2 April 2012

Last minute reservation while traveling through the area. It was available and affordable. It was clean and the front desk staff was welcoming. The complimentary breakfast was standard.

Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Our family stayed here for a night while our house was being painted. The location is good, it's right off of Hwy 97, close to the RDM airport and the Deschutes County Fairgrounds. Check in was quick and efficient, and the staff was friendly. The lobby was small, but clean and in good condition.
The room was a bit disappointing. The carpet was dark, worn out and stained, and could really use a replacement. The room was clean, but the decor really needs updating. No fridge. No microwave. No real closet, just a partitioned corner with a rack. There was a coffee maker though. The pool area was nice, and my young son enjoyed swimming in it.
It was quiet enough to get a good night's sleep, and I felt safe.
Breakfast was mediocre. They were running out fruit (2 apples left), waffle batter (had to tip the machine over to get the last of it out) and coffee when we arrived at 9:30 for breakfast.
Overall, just an ok stay. Not impressed, but not horrified either.
I'd probably stay again only if I could get a better price. It felt a bit overpriced for the $74 +tax I paid.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 March 2012

I am 5 months Pregnant just stayed to get a night of peace. The room had hair on the bathroom flour and the toilet needed a good cleaning maybe a pummic stone. Whent to my sisters house to visit and when I came back the hall way to my room stunk. The next morning when checking out the employee accused me of doing drugs in my room and said she had to go check it out which of corse was fine then they let me leave. Never have I been treated like that and don't plan to ever go to this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Williamsculver
Reviewed 24 September 2011

I am not sure why all the negative reviews about this Super 8; unless they remodeled recently? Anyway, it is one of the nicest Super 8's I have stayed at. The room is clean with micro/fridge, coffee maker with real ceramic cups, hair dryer and the usual Super 8 amenities. The breakfast is typical with cereal, bagels, waffles, muffins and juice. The lobby and breakfast area is clean and inviting. There is a heated spa and pool. The only negative is a lack of tv channels (around 20 or so) and Encore 1&2 instead of HBO. However, ignore the negative reviews and do not hesitate to stay here.

Note to truckers: Park in the closed restaurant next door. They have permission for you to park there. It is possible to get a 53' trailer around the Super 8 building but its a tight fit and if any cars are around they will be in your way. Also, make sure you ask for the trucker rate because its $20-30 less than even the internet rate.

Room Tip: If your a truck driver make sure you ask for the trucker rate. They really give a huge discount to...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank dcedlr
Sup8, Manager at Super 8 Redmond, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2011

Thank you for your review. We have renovated the lobby as well as the heated pool and spa area and I am glad you enjoyed it. Located right off Hwy 97 (Airport Way exit) we welcome truckers to our Super 8 Redmond and don't be shy to ask for the trucker rate. We have plenty of large vehicle and truck parking with a number of restaurants within walking distance. The Redmond Oregon Airport is just minutes away and we now offer FREE shuttle service to and from the airport with your stay, as well as Park & Fly Packages and Airport Parking. Just call to ask us!

Reviewed 11 September 2011

We stay here because it is close to the Deschutes Co. Fairgrounds, and the price is affordable. There is an Applebees and a couple local venues for food and drinks within walking distance.

It has wifi and a coffee maker, no fridge.

We have been going to special events for years, and have never had a hotel that does not start breakfast in accordance to the attraction that is bringing all these attendees. I walked out to the lobby about 5:30 am, not even coffee on. I was told that breakfast starts at 7:00, the same time attendees were to be at the event.

Cripes, at one car show, a bag breakfast was available starting at 3:00 am!

There is an active rail line near by, the airport is close if this sort of noise will wake you and cause you to lay there and wonder why you booked this room.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 August 2011

My wife and I stayed here when we came to interivew for my job. Nice room, good complimentary breakfast. I would tell you this is a good choice.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Redmond
Comfort Suites Redmond Airport
#26 of 44 in Bend
Motel 6 Redmond
Motel 6 Redmond
#7 of 8 in Redmond

Been to Super 8 Redmond? Share your experiences!