We own a timeshare through Trading Places, but traded in a week to stay at Eagle Crest.
Our stay at Eagle Crest got off to a very rocky start. We were going to be arriving to the area early and called to see if we could check in 2 hours beforehand. The young lady with whom I spoke could NOT find our reservation over the phone. She asked FIVE times how to spell our name; we gave her our confirmation number and she insisted we did NOT have a reservation. I told her she was incorrect and, not only was I holding the confirmation in my hand, but I had spoken to both Trading Places and Eagle Crest the day before. So...after 9 minutes of this back and forth exchange and me asking to speak to a manager, she "suddenly" found our reservation and gave NO apology. In fact, she acted like I was the problem. When we arrived and my husband went to check in, she acknowledged that she had spoken to us and still did not say anything about her getting things mixed up.
Thankfully, she was the only negative encounter we had the rest of our visit.
We are not golfers and quite frankly, I was very nervous about staying here after reading some of the reviews. My nervousness turned out to be unfounded.
Firstly, there was so much to do at Eagle Crest and in the surrounding areas that we ran out of time to do it all.
Our 2 story, 2 bedroom, 2 bath condo/townhouse was beautiful. Our deck overlooked the canyon and Deschutes river which was heavenly. With the exception of the dishes, the unit was clean, clean, clean. The units are stocked with every cooking utensil imaginable (including a crock pot and air pop corn popper). There are 2 large flat screened t.v.s (one in common area, one in upstairs master bedroom) with a wide selection of t.v. channels. There is a fireplace, plenty of seating in the living room and in the dining area. There is an electric bbq on the deck along with tables and chairs.
The space in the condo is utilized well.
The beds were fairly comfortable, but the pull-out sofa bed was NOT!
There are 2 outdoor pools, 1 indoor and lots of hot tubs on the premises. We used the in-door swimming pool 4 days out of the 7. The pool, shower area and locker rooms were very spacious and clean. The only complaint is the SMALL, THIN towels they provide. The towels are so bad that staff was passing out 2 towels per person.
There are several sports centers where you can play racquetball, shoot pool, play indoor pickle, exercise, etc.
Eagle Crest is a beautiful resort and it is enhanced by its staff. The staff here cannot do enough for its patrons. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. On our second day, one of the toilet's quit filling with water. We contacted the front desk and before we could blink an eye, someone was there to repair it.
We ate at only one restaurant, the Silver Leaf Cafe, and it was very good. The prices were quite reasonable.
The grounds are well-kept and very quiet.
Our family has stayed at several different timeshares and out of all of them, Eagle Crest has been the best. However, there are several things that stood out to us as needing improvement.
1) While the property itself is peaceful and quiet, there is a lot of noise within the units. We could hear the people next door. They had children who were running around in the unit and we could hear them running. Also...we think there is air in the pipes because whenever we or our neighbors took showers or flushed the toilet, the pipes were LOUD and sounded like jackhammers. This did not always make for a quiet night's sleep.
2) There is a decent-sized grocery store on-site that is privately owned. However, they didn't really carry very much. There is a Fred Meyer's that is 15-20 minutes away, but it seemed quite a trek when we needed some basic things like hot dog buns.
3) They charge for internet. We have never stayed at a timeshare that charged for internet.
4) They charge you if you need clean linens during the week. Every timeshare we stay in provides free replacement linens.
For a "resort," it seems ridiculous to charge for internet and clean linens. Even hotels don't do that.
But, again, this is a GREAT place to stay.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Worldmark Eagle Crest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.