“Flavor? What flavor???”

One Street Down Cafe
Ranked #7 of 135 Restaurants in Redmond
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Flavor? What flavor???”
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Me, my wife, and child went in for breakfast after hearing so many positive things about this place. We were very dissatisfied with the food. I ordered the "Lumberjack Stack" (I think that was the name") and the pancakes were very mushy and battery in the middle. I let the waitress know and she only questioned my knowledge of food. She told me that since they were buttermilk pancakes, they are a bit soft. I know what a buttermilk pancake tastes and feels like; this was just an under-cooked batch of pancakes. She did not comp anything and brushed off my concern.

My wife ordered the banana french toast. Again, nothing special here. Lightly dusted in cinnamon and powdered sugar, fresh bananas, and whipped cream; I was expecting a sugar overload. Instead, it left me wanting more sweet. I returned to my own mushy pancakes and forced myself to choke it down, since after all, I was going to pay for it.

The coffee is bland and almost tasted like watered down dirt. Save your money and bring in a cup from McDonald's or even 7-11.

On a good note, the bacon is thick and delicious.

Overall, the food was just lackluster and I was not impressed AT ALL. It sure looked pretty, but when it hit my palate, I was searching long and hard for any flavor at all. The lady at the register was not very polite either... She had shoulder length brown hair and bright red lipstick (for those willing to give the place a try.) One Street Down has some potential, but it sure is not blossoming yet.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank CSBP

“Hit and miss”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

One Street Down could be terrific, but is only so-so. the main problem is consistency and quality control. I used to eat there frequently, but grew tired of the inconsistency. i always ordered one of three favorites. One time it would be great, the next time barely edible. same with service, sometimes great and sometimes nonexistent. their biggest draw is that there is no similar restaurant in town. Hopefully one will open soon.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Alteridem2014
“needs improvement”
Reviewed 16 January 2014

The cafe is in a pleasantly renovated old house. Fresh flowers on the table are a nice touch. In summer, there is shady outside seating. My husband and I split breakfast, which they do in the kitchen with no additional charge which is a definite plus. For lunch, there is a good selection of beer. However, the service was very slow and worst of all, the food was cold. There were several servers, so lack of staff was not a problem. We have eaten there before with a better experience. I hope they were just having an "off" day."

• Visited December 2013
Bend, Oregon
“Delicious Soup, but work needed to improve”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Looking for a breakfast place for Sunday dining and this Cafe was open and busy. Service slow due to the crowd and noisy! Our waitress was friendly and did well. Crying baby did not help to ease the wait. Ordered he Harvest breakfast, which was good except the bacon which was beyond crisp. My pal odered the turkey vegetable soup and said it was good. Not sure when would be a good time to dine here, maybe summer when there is outside dining. Would enjoy a more relaxed and delicious experience.

• Visited November 2013
Bend, Oregon
“Soup and sandwich....good.”
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

Learned of One Street Down Cafe via Trip Advisor and stopped in for a quick lunch. What a cute place! We were greater immediately by the folks in the kitchen and found our own table to sit at. The rest of the service was only so-so - not the super friendly staff we've come to know in Central Oregon! Courteous but just not oozing with the Central Oregon happy-friendly we love about this part of the country. My cheese soup was okay, but I picked poorly with the Brie sandwich. Not good.

Visited November 2013