“Oregon Coast Trip”
Review of Motel 6 Redmond

Motel 6 Redmond
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Redmond
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Stayed two nights. Excellent Motel 6. As we were travelling with our pet we appreciated being given a room near two exits onto the back of the hotel. Our room at the back was very quiet. Comfortable king bed, fridge and micro. Rubber mat for bath tub. Good distribution of dogs throughout motel. Large area in front of motel to walk the dog. Very friendly staff. I would highly recommend this motel. There was a subway serving breakfast within a two minute walk from the motel. Bend is 20 minutes away and contains a number of excellent brew pubs which serve high quality meals and an excellent range of beers. In between there is a large mall outlet.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 15 September 2013

Obviously, if you are staying at a Motel 6 you expect a good night's sleep and little more. I travel about 12000 miles a year solo by motorcycle so I stay at Motel 6 a lot all over the West. Most are fine, some have been scary. This one is the best I've seen. It is a hotel not a motel (i.e. can't drive up to your room). I was a little concerned at first because I like to park my motorcycle in front of my room door for security reasons. No problem, the staff was wonderful and made sure I had a secure, dry place to park my bike. Don't worry, this is not a "biker" place. I am not a "biker" and do not frequent such places. But for those of us who tour on motorcycle, the little things are most appreciated. The rooms are new, clean and quiet. The pool is terrific, but the grounds around the hotel are a bit sparse. Not much grass area for the pooch to use. If you need a budget hotel in the Bend, OR. area, do not bother with the Motel 6 down the road in Bend, this one is 1000 times better.

Room Tip: Pet friendly, but not much grass area.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank yoda98513
Reviewed 6 September 2013

The front desk employees were very nice and the room was clean. The grounds were a mess with dead bushes and weeds. They say this location is "pet friendly" this only pertains to ..." yes your animal can stay here for free." They don't consider if you have a dog, that dog will need a place to relieve themselves. The employees asked us to take them to the dirk lot next to the motel or next to the canal behind the motel. Both locations were full of broken glass, trash, and dog poop. This was a true health issue for any pet owner who wants to walk their dog.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Jennifer J
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Having stayed at this facility many years ago, we wanted to spend the day at Smith Rock located at Terrabonne and at Lava Butte located south of Bend, so selected this motel for our stay.

Located just south of town and set back off Highway 97, there is no traffic noise. We also asked for a top floor room which was really quiet.

The staff were helpful and friendly. The beds were okay!

My only complaint was that in the morning, someone has tossed a soda down the front and passenger side of my brand new vehicle! I wasn't happy about that, but, it wasn't the motel's fault.

Would I stay here again! Yes!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank LYNN J
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Tom Bodett is right. We had a clean, comfortable room and much larger than expected for the price. We also had a fridge and microwave oven, which makes the "coffee only" at breakfast time not a problem.

The very loud AC was on when we arrived and set at about 65. I upped it to 70 and it went off with a bang. When we returned from dinner the room was comfortable and it was cool outside, so I turned it off and the room stayed comfortable all night. At that altitude it is cool every night, so the AC doesn't need to be a problem as far as sleeping goes... but it is the antithesis of "white noise" when running.

We'll stay here again when we're back this way.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SkykomishBob
Reviewed 18 August 2013

This is the best Motel 6 that I have stayed in. Comfy, clean rooms, nice staff, good wifi connection in a nice area. Rooms have a fridge and microwave.
There was no shampoo, and the AC got a bit loud at times.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

We started a road trip here as we have done several times over the years. This used to be a decent, inexpensive stop. It's now looking its age with thread bare sheets and towels and a dirty bathroom. And it's not the "bargain" it used to be. From now on I'll spend a little extra and get a good nights sleep down the road.

• Stayed: August 2013
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Redmond, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2013

Dear Rimrocknoni - Thank you for sharing your review. We sincerely apologize for the unpleasant stay you had as a result of the bathroom cleanliness issues and bedding and towel conditions you encountered. These issues are not consistent with Motel 6 standards for quality. We kindly encourage you to contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide our guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Redmond
1 mi away
1 mi away
Super 8 Redmond
Super 8 Redmond
#6 of 8 in Redmond

Been to Motel 6 Redmond? Share your experiences!