“Wasn't impressed”

Thai O Restaurant
Ranked #20 of 141 Restaurants in Redmond
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Maybe ordered the wrong things. My appetizer, a fried flour pancake with chicken and shrimp, had no chicken or shrimp as far as I could see or taste. Although the pancake itself tasted good for $6.50 it was not worth it. Ordered the Thai BBQ chicken for dinner. Half chicken with crispy skin served with sweet chili sauce and cabbage garnish. Skin was tasty and dark meat was moist, breast was kind of dry. I should have just ordered the pad thai, that might have been better.

Reviewed 23 May 2013

We loved the calamari appetizer, and the chicken larb was excellent. The beef with basil was tasty, but could have been better if higher quality beef had been used in its preparation--our serving was very tough. Soups were uneven, and dishes featuring shrimp tasted a little freezer-burned. I think that there are probably treasures on the menu--we haven't found all of them yet. The kitchen is very fast, and orders arrive quickly. We'll return for the larb.

Reviewed 24 March 2013

Had a great lunch, we had peanut curry and another dish (I forgot the name) wide rice noodles with chicken and lots of veggies done to perfection and Thai chili sauce. We have it prepared with medium spice and it was just the right amount of heat. I was suprized to have very good Thai food in Redmond it rivals some of the Thai I have had in the Portland area. I agree with previous post that it lacks ambiance but I don't really care about that.

2  Thank Kelly D
Reviewed 6 March 2013

Had the opportunity to eat at Thai-O's the other day when I was in town......I've heard some great things about this place and some not so great things.
Well, here you go -
The good -The prices are average at best for a Thai restaurant. Mondays are " $5 Pad-Thai" days which appears to draw alot of people for lunch and early dinner. The service is ok, not super quick but not forgetful nor rude.
The bad - If you've enjoyed truly wonderful Thai, leave that fond memory for another day when you visit Thai-O or you'll be very disappointed. This is not a great dining experience to savor the flavours of the Far East. Its really basic and plain. There is zero atmosphere in the restaurant as well....so don't take your SO here for a romantic dining adventure.
What can I say, cheap, basic food, no atmosphere and ok service......welcome to Thai-O's.

1  Thank Simon S
Reviewed 13 January 2013

The portion was small on the entre that I ordered. I ordered the seafood curry and it came in a small bowl with a liquid curry sauce and very little seafood. On a plate there was a huge pile of white rice which I poured the curry over. Therefore I paid 11 dollars for lunch for basically a rice dinner and I am not that fond of rice.I was still hungry when I left the restaurant and I am a skinny person. I would come back here again but would order a dish with noodles or a stir fry. I would hope that would be more filling. I enjoyed the amber ale from Portland that they had.
They are the only thai restaurant in Redmon so unless I go to Bend this is it..

1  Thank Jeffrey W