“Yeah for Local Brews and English food too”

The Pig And Pound Public House
Ranked #16 of 140 Restaurants in Redmond
Reviewed 18 May 2013

We enjoyed our visit to Pig and Pound with friends here on Friday night. Nice beer choices. Eight craft beers on tap, offering a variety local and Oregon beers as well as some international beers and hard ciders. I enjoyed the Red Ale from Redmond's own Phat Matt's. Others in our group enjoyed the local pale ale and the new Worthy Breweries IPA. It was Friday at 6:30 and chilly out, so only indoor seating (there is a large deck for summer dining). The place was busy but we found a table. This night we were just here for drinks. But the menu looked interesting and we'll be back for dinner on another night. Our friends, who've eaten her many times, raved about the fish 'n chips, the onion rings and the bangers. Our server (btw with dreadlocks) was low-key but friendly and knowledgeable about food and beverages. The menu is posted on a pair of chalkboards on the wall. Prices very reasonable $8-$12. Classic rock, featuring British rockers from Sting to the Rolling Stones, provides a soundtrack to ongoing conversation. Minor drawback is it size, very cozy with only a few tables and chairs around the bar, but the atmosphere was delightful and we enjoyed our visit here. We'll be back, especially in the summer when the deck opens.

2  Thank Chowa-Rides-Again

Reviewed 13 May 2013

Spotted the Pig and Pound yesterday as I was driving by; remembered seeing something about it on Tripadvisor, so stopped in on a whim.
I will go back and take others with me!

I was greeted as I entered. Most of the tables were full, but there were a few seats at the bar and one table at the front window, so I sat there. The house wine (at $4 a glass) was a decent drink.
The menu is posted in several spots on the wall, written in chalk. Some items were not in my vocabulary, so I asked the waiter, Stefan, for descriptions. He was pleased to describe in detail, so I tried the Scotch egg. It was tasty; I would order it again--but there were other items on the menu that I would like to sample. Had the spotted dick for dessert; with a name like that, who can't wonder? It was tasty but next time I'll try the chocolate pig.

The waiter checked multiple times if everything was ok with my food. I'm guessing that the other guy with an accent was the owner and is from the British Isles. He welcomed me to the restaurant. So: if the complaints from some of the previous reviews were addressed, it seems that any of those issues have been resolved!

Remember: not all restaurants are intended for all people. This is a pub; I didn't see any children. Didn't see the waiter with dreadlocks, either. Just happy, satisfied diners. This place is fun and unique; I will go back.

3  Thank gary053
Reviewed 20 April 2013

Sorry Mrmartymoo, I haven't had such good luck there. I have been there a number of times and when a young guy is working and it has been great. He's enthusiastic, friendly and provides good service, even on a day when he was alone and the place was busy. The last few times I was there, the older guy with dreadlocks waiting tables and pouring beer blew me away with his unfriendliness. And not just unfriendly, but acting like you are putting him out for being there! I just have found the service to be unacceptable for me to fork over money to that place. The food is OK if British fare is what you are looking for and the beer selection is good enough. They make their food in house using local ingredients as possible and that is cool. But I just can't get over the service and atmosphere our server created the last few times in there. I am disappointed because I wanted a new place to go in Redmond for a change, but this is not the place for me.

3  Thank lynn r
Reviewed 13 April 2013 via mobile

Fish n chips were excellent and my wife enjoyed her Scottish egg. I was looking for a dram and a black n tan they weren't on the menu. Tight quarters good service we will be back

Reviewed 18 March 2013

Sorry Patrick B, you must have been a wee bit off-kilter on Saint Patrick's Day. Nothing confusing about the menu or anything else at the Pig n' Quid. This was our second visit and it is had to find anything wrong with the food, atmosphere, service or anything else. First and foremost, its a Pub. But the food is anything but standard pub fare. Dips, sauces, tartar sauce and general condiments are made fresh on site along with their fries and main dishes. You can taste the difference. The prices are fair for the quality of the food you receive. No complaints regarding here! We've tried the Scotch Egg, Spinach Artichoke Dip, Fish & Chips, Vegetarian Pot Pie, and the Spotted Dick for desert. All were outstanding with the exception of the Vege Pot Pie. My wife really liked it but I thought it was just okay. 'Course I am a Beefeater at heart. They serve wine in addition to a rather decent spread of local brews. The only complaint one might muster is finding a place to sit right away when it gets busy. To avoid that we go before 5pm for dinner, otherwise after 8 for a desert. Otherwise grab a pint to enjoy on the deck while you wait for a table. As Summer approaches more people will wand to dine outside on the deck anyways. I understand they serve lunch on weekends. Otherwise on weekends they open at 3 pm. I recommend this facility for couples and small groups. Initially I was not planning to write a review...trying to keep this place a secret but the word is out anyways and besides, I had to set Patrick B straight.

2  Thank mrmartymoo