“good food, delicious beer and great service”

The Pig And Pound Public House
Ranked #20 of 135 Restaurants in Redmond
Prineville, Oregon
“good food, delicious beer and great service”
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Just went back to the pig and pound for lunch with Gary and had an awesome time. the spinach artichoke appetizer was yummy and paired very well with the vanilla porter. Then finished it off with fish and chips that were lightly battered and moist. And I was able to fill my growler before I left. The pub is a grea tplace to relax and enjoy your self. I will be back

• Visited September 2013

Bend, Oregon
“Cozy place with delightful live music”
Reviewed 23 May 2013

On the plus side, the menu includes items found nowhere else in Redmond. The Scotch egg was a nice novelty, and the bangers and mash were quite tasty. On the down side, all seating is at bar-height, in not-very-comfortable chairs--perhaps the idea is to discourage people from lingering. There is a lovely little food truck in Redmond that serves better fish and chips. There is also some distance to travel before a real English pub atmosphere is achieved--the bartender on our visit didn't know what a shandy was, but the place is friendly, the servers are enthusiastic, and the outdoor dining area is inviting (and has regular tables and chairs rather than bar stools).

• Visited March 2013
Bend, Oregon
“Yeah for Local Brews and English food too”
Reviewed 18 May 2013

We enjoyed our visit to Pig and Pound with friends here on Friday night. Nice beer choices. Eight craft beers on tap, offering a variety local and Oregon beers as well as some international beers and hard ciders. I enjoyed the Red Ale from Redmond's own Phat Matt's. Others in our group enjoyed the local pale ale and the new Worthy Breweries IPA. It was Friday at 6:30 and chilly out, so only indoor seating (there is a large deck for summer dining). The place was busy but we found a table. This night we were just here for drinks. But the menu looked interesting and we'll be back for dinner on another night. Our friends, who've eaten her many times, raved about the fish 'n chips, the onion rings and the bangers. Our server (btw with dreadlocks) was low-key but friendly and knowledgeable about food and beverages. The menu is posted on a pair of chalkboards on the wall. Prices very reasonable $8-$12. Classic rock, featuring British rockers from Sting to the Rolling Stones, provides a soundtrack to ongoing conversation. Minor drawback is it size, very cozy with only a few tables and chairs around the bar, but the atmosphere was delightful and we enjoyed our visit here. We'll be back, especially in the summer when the deck opens.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Chowa-Rides-Again
Prineville, Oregon
“Don't agree with some of the reviews”
Reviewed 13 May 2013

Spotted the Pig and Pound yesterday as I was driving by; remembered seeing something about it on Tripadvisor, so stopped in on a whim.
I will go back and take others with me!

I was greeted as I entered. Most of the tables were full, but there were a few seats at the bar and one table at the front window, so I sat there. The house wine (at $4 a glass) was a decent drink.
The menu is posted in several spots on the wall, written in chalk. Some items were not in my vocabulary, so I asked the waiter, Stefan, for descriptions. He was pleased to describe in detail, so I tried the Scotch egg. It was tasty; I would order it again--but there were other items on the menu that I would like to sample. Had the spotted dick for dessert; with a name like that, who can't wonder? It was tasty but next time I'll try the chocolate pig.

The waiter checked multiple times if everything was ok with my food. I'm guessing that the other guy with an accent was the owner and is from the British Isles. He welcomed me to the restaurant. So: if the complaints from some of the previous reviews were addressed, it seems that any of those issues have been resolved!

Remember: not all restaurants are intended for all people. This is a pub; I didn't see any children. Didn't see the waiter with dreadlocks, either. Just happy, satisfied diners. This place is fun and unique; I will go back.

• Visited May 2013
3 Thank gary053
Terrebonne, Oregon
“Unbelievably bad service”
Reviewed 20 April 2013

Sorry Mrmartymoo, I haven't had such good luck there. I have been there a number of times and when a young guy is working and it has been great. He's enthusiastic, friendly and provides good service, even on a day when he was alone and the place was busy. The last few times I was there, the older guy with dreadlocks waiting tables and pouring beer blew me away with his unfriendliness. And not just unfriendly, but acting like you are putting him out for being there! I just have found the service to be unacceptable for me to fork over money to that place. The food is OK if British fare is what you are looking for and the beer selection is good enough. They make their food in house using local ingredients as possible and that is cool. But I just can't get over the service and atmosphere our server created the last few times in there. I am disappointed because I wanted a new place to go in Redmond for a change, but this is not the place for me.

• Visited April 2013