“A nice suprise”
Review of Fir Grove Motel

Fir Grove Motel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Reedsport
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Great staff, older motel with great rates. A mistake in the number of guests on my part was taken care of by giving me the upstairs suite at the same rate. Kudos to the staff. Very clean with good linens this motel is showing its age yet is somehow managed to be very comfortable.

Room Tip: call ahead as rooms sell out by 3 pm
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bradford7050
There are newer reviews for Fir Grove Motel

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Loved this motel and the staff were excellent. We really enjoyed the breakfast too though it would have been even better with some bread rolls or sliced bread.
Rooms have microwave and fridge, clean and spacious. Great!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Musti S
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I don't know what qualifies as clean but this place is a dump. It is severely outdated, bedding looked like it was from the 1980's and second hand, the sheets had particles and hair, the room smelled, the electric wall heater barely worked on a very cold day and I wouldn't walk around in my bare feet because the carpet looked to be ancient. Way overpriced for what you get. Won't be staying here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank miami71
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I recently stayed at the Fir Grove on my Oregon Coast road trip! I am really glad I did!

It is a very nice, small motel with very nice management and was just what I was looking for!

Friendly, hospitable ... I really enjoyed my stay. You can tell that they really care about their guests.

The room was fine and it even had a little fridge and microwave, which came in handy when I wanted to eat my leftovers from the WONDERFUL Chinese restaurant just across the street!

The Fir Grove has one of the best continental breakfasts I have seen. Fruit, nice muffins, hard boiled eggs, a waffle maker, and pretty darn good coffee too!!

If you are looking for a place to stay along the Coast with a little extra ... the Fir Grove is the place for you!

I highly recommend the Fir Grove, and I look forward to staying there again!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank lily_fairweather
Reviewed 26 November 2013

clean rooms friendly professional staff and just a nice homey atmosphere, I will be staying here again Thank you for the continental breakfast, I didn't expect such a nice selection of food. Probably the best I've ever seen.

Room Tip: I liked my room because of the refrigerator and microwave. It was also quiet and I slept good. Just...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Kimberly K
Reviewed 13 September 2013

We stopped here on our motorcycle trip of the US. It was great to find a smaller more personal motel in America as some we stayed in were very large and you feel like just another guest. It was good to be able to park the bike right outside the room too. The room was just right, comfortable bed, hot shower, and surprisingly quiet at night with the US101 out front. I had a very good nights sleep.
The breakfast next morning was very tasty and filling. I would definitely recommend this motel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 82Janey_D
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We came to Reedsport for a golf tournament on a weekend that also hosted a bass fishing tournament and a classic car show. The gal at the desk said that she didn't have me in her computer and had given away the last room five minutes earlier. I didn't know how she could have given our room away since I had guaranteed it with a credit card almost a month earlier. Her explanation was that they leave the handwritten reservations on the counter and these papers (which included my credit card number) didn't always make it into the computer. The woman didn't care that we were left trying to find a room on a Friday night in a town that was booked solid and basically gave us a "better luck next time" attitude. Later, I was glad. I found that we had "dodged a bullet" by not staying at this dive. Book ANYWHERE in town but here. It's bad.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank B B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Reedsport
Best Western Salbasgeon Inn & Suites of Reedsport
Quality Inn & Suites at Coos Bay
Economy Inn Reedsport
Economy Inn Reedsport
#3 of 4 in Reedsport

Been to Fir Grove Motel? Share your experiences!