“You get a lot for your money”
Review of Surfside Resort

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Rockaway Beach
Portland, Oregon
“You get a lot for your money”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

This isn't the nicest hotel in the world. However, for what I paid to have a full kitchen, an ocean facing room, and to bring a pet I am very happy. I would definitely go back again and recommend it to my friends. The room included WiFi, a DVD player, a flat screen HD TV, and cable.

Room Tip: I always pick ocean facing rooms.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
JHKManzanita, General Manager at Surfside Resort, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate your kind words about our kitchen, ocean view, and pet friendly rooms. We're definitely not there yet, but we are continually striving to improve our amenities and room quality for our guests, and are glad you enjoyed it here.

We definitely look forward to seeing you again on your next trip out to the coast!

Surfside Resort

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (306)
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I run my own business and take 3 weekends off a month. All I want on my days off are to getaway from the city, have my dog with me, stay at a place that clean and have privacy. This hotel gave me all of the above and more! The front desk and cleaning crew were very friendly and easy going. My weekend was relaxing and quiet. Ready to start another busy week:)

• Stayed April 2014
Covington, Washington, United States
Reviewed 21 April 2014

The rooms need updating badly. The dinning room chair handles were filthy. Bring an iron with you because the front desk person couldn't tell me if they had irons or not and never got back to me after waiting over 20 min for a response....So I ended up going to dinner in wrinkled clothes. Bring food if you want to relax because otherwise you will be driving to either Cannon Beach or Lincoln City for a nice seafood restaurant. Some rooms are located very close to the street and train tracks which make for a noisy night. Staff was friendly but not very knowledgable outside of their own little town. For the amount of money you pay to stay there, one would think to spiff up the place a bit.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Greetings Kim M and thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

Your input, and feedback from all our guests is important to us as it helps us to improve and meet our guests expectations better.

Per your comments, we are in the process of updating the rooms. We recently updated our couches (replacing wickers), beds (with new memory fiber pillows and bedspreads), and wifi speeds as our guests had indicated. However, we are not done yet. We hope to make additional improvements, before the busy summer months arrive.

As for your experience with the iron, I sincerely apologize for our staff not getting back to you. I will be discussing it with our staff to ensure this does not happen again.

We will be working hard to update and improve our rooms, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

A comfortable stay in front of the beach. We were in ocean view suite and the view is beautiful especially during sunset. It is a dated hotel but very clean, the bath tub can even be used to take a bath.The staff there are nice and helpful. The internet there is not as fluent as to play computer games which turned out to be a good thing for us. My daughter is obsessed with animal jam and she could not play that when we took vacation, so she borrowed a lot of games in front desk, we played together when enjoying the sunset. For us, it is a place that made us forget those high tech for a while. They have a full kitchen and some pots, plates, bowls and silverware, so we can cook some simple meals. The only drawback is when we stayed at the beginning of April, it is so windy that we could not fly a kite or even take a longer walk.

Camas, Washington
Reviewed 19 April 2014

My wife, stepson, and I really enjoyed our stay, short as it was and in spite of inclement weather on the first and last days. The staff are always ready to assist when required and the rooms are fabulous. Just a great place to enjoy the ocean and beach.

Room Tip: Go for the upper rooms, best view and balconies are great.
Battle Ground, Washington
Reviewed 15 April 2014

My wife and I had a great time at your Hotel with our dogs. The family pet friendly ocean front suite was great. It was well equipped and allowed us to have romantic dinners with an ocean view right in our room. We would definitely come back!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Oregon City, Oregon
Reviewed 14 April 2014

This has become our favorite place to stay at the beach. For people who have difficulty climbing stairs, having a ramp to first level rooms in Bldg. E is a plus, as is the handicapped accessible bathroom with roll in shower and raised stool. We appreciate having a kitchen which is more than adequately furnished. Staff is friendly and helpful. The pool is very nice.We love the quiet community of Rockaway and the clean beach.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockaway Beach
#4 of 8 in Rockaway Beach
Sea Haven Motel
Sea Haven Motel
#2 of 8 in Rockaway Beach

Been to Surfside Resort? Share your experiences!