“Nice place to stay in Rockaway!”
Review of Surfside Resort

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Rockaway Beach
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Stayed here on April 19th for my birthday! VERY friendly staff and cozy room. My wife went swimming in the indoor pool and said it was WARM and wonderful. Pet friendly and affordable!

Can't wait to come back!

Mike F.

Room Tip: Room 201 is AWESOME, with a top level side and front view of the Ocean! It has a FULL kitchen, dish...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 22 April 2014

loving the improvements keep it up i will be back staff very nice very clean rooms i do think the rooms could use new coffee makers and and toasters other then that that is it i love the new tvs the new sofas tables and chairs

Room Tip: room 119 is the best room
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
JHKManzanita, General Manager at Surfside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Thank you for posting such a great review! I have passed along your praises to our staff. We're also glad that you are enjoying the new improvements we have been making to our rooms recently.

I''ll make it a point to check our coffee makers and toasters and see which ones need replacing to keep up with our improvements.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

This isn't the nicest hotel in the world. However, for what I paid to have a full kitchen, an ocean facing room, and to bring a pet I am very happy. I would definitely go back again and recommend it to my friends. The room included WiFi, a DVD player, a flat screen HD TV, and cable.

Room Tip: I always pick ocean facing rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate your kind words about our kitchen, ocean view, and pet friendly rooms. We're definitely not there yet, but we are continually striving to improve our amenities and room quality for our guests, and are glad you enjoyed it here.

We definitely look forward to seeing you again on your next trip out to the coast!

Reviewed 21 April 2014

I run my own business and take 3 weekends off a month. All I want on my days off are to getaway from the city, have my dog with me, stay at a place that clean and have privacy. This hotel gave me all of the above and more! The front desk and cleaning crew were very friendly and easy going. My weekend was relaxing and quiet. Ready to start another busy week:)

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 21 April 2014

The rooms need updating badly. The dinning room chair handles were filthy. Bring an iron with you because the front desk person couldn't tell me if they had irons or not and never got back to me after waiting over 20 min for a response....So I ended up going to dinner in wrinkled clothes. Bring food if you want to relax because otherwise you will be driving to either Cannon Beach or Lincoln City for a nice seafood restaurant. Some rooms are located very close to the street and train tracks which make for a noisy night. Staff was friendly but not very knowledgable outside of their own little town. For the amount of money you pay to stay there, one would think to spiff up the place a bit.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Greetings Kim M and thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

Your input, and feedback from all our guests is important to us as it helps us to improve and meet our guests expectations better.

Per your comments, we are in the process of updating the rooms. We recently updated our couches (replacing wickers), beds (with new memory fiber pillows and bedspreads), and wifi speeds as our guests had indicated. However, we are not done yet. We hope to make additional improvements, before the busy summer months arrive.

As for your experience with the iron, I sincerely apologize for our staff not getting back to you. I will be discussing it with our staff to ensure this does not happen again.

We will be working hard to update and improve our rooms, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

A comfortable stay in front of the beach. We were in ocean view suite and the view is beautiful especially during sunset. It is a dated hotel but very clean, the bath tub can even be used to take a bath.The staff there are nice and helpful. The internet there is not as fluent as to play computer games which turned out to be a good thing for us. My daughter is obsessed with animal jam and she could not play that when we took vacation, so she borrowed a lot of games in front desk, we played together when enjoying the sunset. For us, it is a place that made us forget those high tech for a while. They have a full kitchen and some pots, plates, bowls and silverware, so we can cook some simple meals. The only drawback is when we stayed at the beginning of April, it is so windy that we could not fly a kite or even take a longer walk.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

My wife, stepson, and I really enjoyed our stay, short as it was and in spite of inclement weather on the first and last days. The staff are always ready to assist when required and the rooms are fabulous. Just a great place to enjoy the ocean and beach.

Room Tip: Go for the upper rooms, best view and balconies are great.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockaway Beach
#4 of 8 in Rockaway Beach
Sunset Surf Motel
Sunset Surf Motel
#1 of 4 in Manzanita

Been to Surfside Resort? Share your experiences!