“Won't be going back.”
Review of Ocean Rogue Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Rockaway Beach
Ocean Rogue Inn
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Rockaway Beach
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Title says it all.

As rentals go, visually, this place really isn't all that bad. My reason for giving it such low marks is because the mattress was old and saggy and spending 8 hours on this thing is it's own special kind of torture. They also neglected to clean the coffee maker out so after a night of torturous sleep, I had to gimp my way to the coffee maker only to be greeted with the previous occupants soggy grinds.

The place is just off the side of the road and I arrived late. It was raining out with no one in the office, so I had to stand there and pound on the door since the door bell didn't appear to be working. After a couple minutes of this in the pouring rain, the proprietor showed up and allowed me to check in.

She showed me what appeared to be a nice clean room with a bedroom and bath. Since it was raining out, I didn't venture down to the beach. It had a full stocked kitchenette which was nice as I was able to cork my wine and enjoy a couple glasses while reading before bed.

As I stated the mattress needed replacing so if you have a bad back, I suggest sleeping on the sofa. The price was just ok, it being off season. Upon checking out the next morning, I again had to bang on the door before the proprietor showed up.

Other than having to bang on the door, the service was friendly.

Over all, there are MUCH better places to stay on the Oregon coast without also being stuck with a bill for the chiropractor.

I suggest you seek them out.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank thatoneguyinwa
There are newer reviews for Ocean Rogue Inn

Reviewed 18 November 2013

I came here for some much needed R&R....just needed to get away from life for a bit. I had researched hotels up and down the coast and then found this jewel. I checked in and the owner knew my name when I arrived. She gave me a quick tour of my room (#8) and told me there were movies and games in the office. The room was exactly like I had seen online. I could see the ocean from my balcony (but not the twin rocks, they were just out of view behind some trees). I enjoyed the fireplace while watching movies curled up on the couch. The shampoo she provides is AMAZING smelling! I had brought my own wine glass, but when I looked in the cabinets, ALL the glasses were glass and there were 3 different styles of wine glasses, plus tumblers and coffee mugs. The kitchen was well equipped and the room was clean. I was only there for two days, but really wish I had stayed for a third. I know I will be going back again, whether alone or with friends, it won't matter, I LOVE THE PLACE!

Room Tip: Room 8 has the balcony, fireplace and king size bed! the only down side is you can't see the tw...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Dorothy H
Reviewed 22 August 2013

As soon as my wife and I checked to this property, we knew that it was going to be a good experience. We were greeted by our host who knew us by name as soon as we checked in; albeit a bit later in the evening.
I knew that we picked a great place when we went to the back of our cottage and saw one of our neighbouring guests and their little ones enjoying a corn roast.
Our cottage had all the amenities that we would need for our stay. The bed was comfortable and it had a cosy little shower. For those of us who are a bit portly, it was a little tricky to get in and out of. (Much like in a cruise ship cabin) but it worked out.
The property streaches back towards the beach along with all the amenities. This would be a perfect place to have a family reunion. I may not be able to convince 25 of us to stay here, but another family of 5 might is possible.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SteveHall
Reviewed 28 May 2013

My husband and I booked this property for a two-night stay on the coast. Although this place is a little older without any fancy frills, we really enjoyed our stay and would book this property again.

Our free-standing unit was like a little beach cottage, and we had amazing views of Twin Rocks. It was a short walk to the beach, and the view alone was worth the price of admission.

We took advantage of the fully-equipped kitchen to enjoy breakfast and dinner, and we appreciated that coffee--really good coffee--was supplied. The gas fireplace was a plus during the chilly evenings, and we couldn't have picked a better location to enjoy the Oregon coast.

This is not a fancy property, and it could use some updates. Yes, the bed could use a new mattress. But it is very clean, and the owners are very friendly. The property was actually a nice break from staying in a chain hotel, and I would recommend staying here if you want to relax, enjoy some great views, and have access to many attractions on the coast. If you don't like being self-sufficient, and you'd rather have luxury, this isn't the place for you.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank conalvo
Reviewed 20 May 2013

We planned a short notice trip to Rockaway Beach for the annual kite festival. After some research I settled for this inn. Here my comments for unit 3:

PROs:
- location (close to town & on the beach)
- great backyard (playground, volleyball net, dunes and ... beach)
- rates (very reasonable)
- super friendly owners

CONs:
- A little old the overall appearance
- Blinders not enough to keep rooms dark (we all woke up before 6am !!)
- Mattresses not recommended if you have a delicate back

Would recommend it as a backup plan.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Mario_Schmit
Reviewed 3 May 2013 via mobile

What a great place! Everything was perfect. Nice little town, right on the beach, moderately spaced between bigger towns but still has needed amenities, secluded and out of the way, rooms were great and fully furnished. We're definitely staying there again.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank zbarresse
Reviewed 25 February 2013

We spent 2 nights at Ocean Rogue Inn - we stayed in unit 2. It is not fancy as this is not a hotel. It's a typical old coastal motel/inn. Unit #2 has a picture window with a view of the rocks, gas fireplace, king bed, fully stocked kitchen. We found this place to be cleaner and friendlier than other places we've stayed on the coast. The owner was very welcoming and even gave us a quick tour of the unit. There are games and movies available at the office which is open from 8am - 8pm. There is housekeeping so you can have fresh towels and coffee each day. There was even a treat and dog blanket for our dog. And we got the "dogs stay free" special, which was a nice surprise. Otherwise I think it's $10/night for dogs.

This was our first overnight mini-vacation with our 4.5month old baby. The living space was small and we had to rearrange the dining table in order to fit our playpen in the living room - the bedroom is large but there wasn't enough room for the play pen in there. We recommend bringing your own food to cook since the kitchen has everything you need. Also the "back yard" is protected from the wind so you can walk your dog without blowing away even if the weather is bad. There is also a play area for children. The bed is large but not very comfortable. I wouldn't recommend this bed for people with back problems. The bathroom is small and bright, there is only a shower, no tub.

Unit #2 is perfect for a couple with or without a dog. Overall it was a little nicer than I expected. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
#3 of 8 in Rockaway Beach
Tradewinds Motel
Tradewinds Motel
#4 of 8 in Rockaway Beach

Been to Ocean Rogue Inn? Share your experiences!