“Mercenary! Avoid like the plague!”
Review of Ocean Rogue Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Rockaway Beach
Ocean Rogue Inn
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Rockaway Beach
Washington
“Mercenary! Avoid like the plague!”
Reviewed 21 December 2008

Predatory booking practices! No matter what kind of family emergency and no matter how long a notice you give them, they'll charge you FOR YOUR FULL STAY even if you didn't arrive! BEWARE! Read their cancellation policy and go stay somewhere they aren't trying to rip you off!

• Liked — Nice quaint motel with rotten new owners who want to rip you off for every dollar.
  • Disliked — Bad faith new owners.
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank FurrowedBrow

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Worland, WY
Reviewed 4 June 2007

My daughter and I took a trip to Oregon late Sep. early Oct. in 2006. We spent two wonderful evenings at this establishment. The price was reasonable at less that $100 per night. Fresh, locally brewed coffee was available. My daughter loved the locally made soap that was available. The view of Twin Rocks was amazing. The owners loaned us a couple of videos to watch one evening. It was an overall wonderfully cozy experience and we are trying to get there again.

• Liked — location and price
  • Disliked — small TV. hmmm, but we only used it a couple of hours. Truthfully, I liked it all. even the small TV.
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled with family
1 Thank needarealname
Forest Grove, Oregon
Reviewed 3 June 2007

We have stayed at the Ocean Roge at least once a year for the past 5 years. The rooms are very clean and well-equipped. The beach with beautiful Twin Rocks is steps from the door of your room. The owners are very friendly and have an extensive collection of videos and dvds that guests can borrow. The rates are very reasonable, too.

• Liked — easy beach access, friendly owners
  • Disliked — televisions in the room are too small
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
IL cornfields
Reviewed 4 July 2006

My husband and I recently spent three nights at the Ocean Rogue. As midwesterners, our primary goal was to spend quiet time alongside the ocean: walk an uncrowded beach, kick back in a lounge chair and read, fly a kite, and listen to the surf at night. The Ocean Rogue ended up being a perfect spot to do that.

It isn't fancy. It is a quaint, attractive, "mom and pop" motel that seemed to be a time capsule from the 1950's or 60's - before every room had wi-fi.. For about $100 a night, we had a lovely front room with a picture window, a clean kitchen stocked with cooking utensils, and little unexpcted perks like very nice locally roasted coffee. The bedroom and bathroom were very comfortable (although the shower was a little skinny). There was a little journal on the table in the kitchen filled with comments from past guests and everything added up to a very warmly-remembered experience. It is family-operated and they are there to answer any questions.

Since we stayed three nights, we saw many of the guests change. Our children are grown and it was especially fun to watch the young families create memories with their kids. The Ocean Rogue has a pretty nice playset for kids and supplies sandcastle-making equipment. There were grills to use and I even played my first ever game of horsehoes!

TripAdvisor helped me plan the perfect Oregon Coast vacation. Each of the 9 days in Oregon was full of good food and fun because of my research here. I feel like the least I can do is add my two cents. And, like I started, the Ocean Rogue is not a fancy resort but we really ejoyed our 3 nights there.

• Stayed June 2006
3 Thank Junebug327
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 25 May 2006

We enjoy staying and the Ocean Rogue Inn to get away from the city life and enjoy the beach. We stay there every year for the past two years and plan to go back. There rooms are always clean, neat and always seems to have good wheather when we go down there no matter what time of the year it is....

• Stayed May 2006
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
missoula
Reviewed 4 April 2005

I made a reservation at the Ocean Rogue Inn in Rockaway Beach and had to cancel due to changes in travel plans. I cancelled a full week in advance, but this hotel still charged me full price. They said they were unable to rebook the room, but gave me no proof of this. Beware of this place, they are making money without earning it!!

8 Thank unsatisfiedtraveler
, Owner at Ocean Rogue Inn, responded to this review, 17 March 2006
At the Ocean Rogue Inn we have a long standing cancellation policy. The policy is designed not to collect unearned money, but to ensure that when a customer makes a reservation they are committed to staying with us. This protects us from the type of person who makes reservations without finalizing there plans. Those people who book multiple sites and then decide where they want to go a few days prior to their arrival date, have created this need for the policy.
We are a small family owned property with a limited inventory. We cannot afford to cater to people who decide to switch their travel plans and decide to go to, let’s say, Mexico, because of the weather.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockaway Beach
#3 of 8 in Rockaway Beach
Tradewinds Motel
Tradewinds Motel
#4 of 8 in Rockaway Beach

Been to Ocean Rogue Inn? Share your experiences!