I expected more for the cost we paid. Ther was no DVD player, the carpet was stained and the room small. If you wanted to watch TV you had to be on the bed.
On our checkout date, my wife took the car to go look at the tide pools while I slept in. At 8:30 am, there was a loud knock of about 10 raps on the door. I woke up and yelled "who is it?" (thinking my wife forgot her keys). I got no response and 5 seconds later, a motel employee WALKED INTO MY ROOM and when they saw me, they looked very surprised and said they were "just looking for a power outage". This makes NO SENSE. I was going Tto be ripped off. They saw the car gone and figured we were not there. There was no storm and even if the power was off, why wake up a guest when they are asleep?
TAKE ALL VALUABLES WITH YOU EVERY TIME YOU LEAVE THE ROOM!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located Oceanfront on the Oregon coast. Everyroom has a beathtaking view of the beach and spectacular sunsets. The city center location makes it a wonderful choice to all that Rockaway Beach has to offer. Indoor year round salt water pool and kitchen units too. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Silver Sands Oceanfront Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silver Sands Oceanfront Hotel Rockaway Beach
- Silver Sands Oceanfront Motel Rockaway Beach, Oregon