“Great Location, Great Motel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Silver Sands Oceanfront Motel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Silver Sands Oceanfront Motel
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Rockaway Beach
Vancouver, Washington
“Great Location, Great Motel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2010

I would recommend Silver Sands to anyone who is looking to stay in Rockaway Beach. I found the location in proximity to the beach perfect, the staff to be professional and courteous and the room to be clean and comfortable. We really enjoyed our stay and we would definitely stay at Silver Sands again.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank MDamon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2009

When my wife made a reservation for this property, the person on the phone was rude and short. My wife was upset enough that we tried to find another reservation, but could not find one available. We decided just to overlook the attitude of the staff and enjoy our trip.

We drove to the motel from Seattle along Hwy 101 along the coast. There was road construction along our path and we were delayed for approximatley an hour and a half. When we arrived at the hotel (10:15 PM), we found the office locked up tight, lights off, and no staff around. We tried calling the motel, knocking on the office door, and looked for any on site staff. When we couldn't get any help we were forced to drive another hour south on the coast to find a room to stay in.

I called the next morning to let the staff know what happened. The woman on the phone (who was the owner or the manager, she wouldn't elaborate) told me that I would be charged for the full nights fee and that I should "learn to honor my reservations!" When I explained the delays and the fact that no one told us that the office closed at any certain time, she told me that her staff told me "because she knows they do". When I insisted she refund the fee for night in her motel that I didn't get to use she explained that we were both inconvenienced, but that she would reluctantly refund my money.

This person was rude, abrasive, and extremely unprofessional. I explained that I would not patronize her business in the future, she hung up on me! Do not do business with these people. If you choose to do so at your own risk!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
4 Thank disappointed572
wallingmike, Owner at Silver Sands Oceanfront Motel, responded to this review, 6 December 2010
Tried to contact the family and let them know we now have our "new management " put a 24 hour phone number on the office door for after hour reservation arrivals. Wanted to offer them a free stay but have not heard back. Very sorry this happened! Mike Walling, owner
Can be reached at info@oregonsilversands.com
OREGON
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2009

My kids and I go on vacation every year. We stay several different places but we always come back to rockaway beach. We have stayed in every motel in that town over the years. The one that sticks out the most is silver sands motel. They have a great staff every year. A good pool that the kids love. Clean rooms which I've always taken for granted until I had a bad experience last week! It is just all around a wonderful place to stay. Next to shopping and right on the beach. We hope it's there for many years to come because we are always looking forward to staying there..

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2009

We arrived and when we were not going to stay because of it being pet friendly, the desk person said they had rooms that did not allow pets. How did we end up with flea bites? Also, the window looking out onto the beach had a broken seal in the window, very foggy and could not see out. Coffee pot did not work. For the price we paid, we were dissapointed.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank beachsceneOregon
oregon city
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2009

I expected more for the cost we paid. Ther was no DVD player, the carpet was stained and the room small. If you wanted to watch TV you had to be on the bed.

On our checkout date, my wife took the car to go look at the tide pools while I slept in. At 8:30 am, there was a loud knock of about 10 raps on the door. I woke up and yelled "who is it?" (thinking my wife forgot her keys). I got no response and 5 seconds later, a motel employee WALKED INTO MY ROOM and when they saw me, they looked very surprised and said they were "just looking for a power outage". This makes NO SENSE. I was going Tto be ripped off. They saw the car gone and figured we were not there. There was no storm and even if the power was off, why wake up a guest when they are asleep?

TAKE ALL VALUABLES WITH YOU EVERY TIME YOU LEAVE THE ROOM!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank slayer1967
milwuakie, OR
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2009

We travel to Rockaway beach with our Rose City Model T club every year since my husband was a child, we all stay at Silver Sands Motel. We would not like to stay anywhere else. They are great people and very helpful. So our daughter got married on the back side of the motel in Sept. of 2006 it was a perfect day for a weddding. The staff helped in anyway they could. It turned out beautiful. And irt was her birthday also. My huscand and I have been there during storms and love the views.

• Stayed September 2006
Vancouver, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2009

We tried the Siver Sands due to their dog friendly policy and great beach location. The basic two room suites with a small kithenette all have a nice ocean view. The lower floor rooms have a door leading out to the beach directly, great for the dog. The kithchenette has a range, small icebox and sink. No oven. Some rooms have full size ice boxes and some those little 1/2 size ones with no freezer space. You need to ask if this matters to you. . The motel has a nice pool, spa and a sauna. All well kept and clean with pool towels provided. Staff is pleasant and helpful.

Rockaway has several small resturants, a grocery store, a couple of "antique" stores, ( all within walking distance) a pizza joint, and a liquor store at the south end of town. ( car required) The rest of the town is motels and beach cottages.

I tried to pry out of the maids which room was best and they couldn't decide so I figure they are pretty much all the same. There is daily maid service, a free newspaper each day and free coffee in the lobby. The dog cost $10.00 per night extra. Check in is 4 pm check out is 11 am. Total cost in April of 09 was $100 per night . ( room, tax and dog fee)

Motel is modest but comfortable. Let's face it- if they allow dogs this isn't the ritz!
I rate it Good to Very Good- based on location and value.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
#4 of 8 in Rockaway Beach
Sea Haven Motel
Sea Haven Motel
#2 of 8 in Rockaway Beach

Been to Silver Sands Oceanfront Motel? Share your experiences!