“Sand Dollar Restaurant”

Sand Dollar Restaurant & Lounge
Price range: US$5 - US$40
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Welcome to Sand Dollar Restaurant & Lounge! We offer a wide variety of traditional American fare with a fine European twist. Prepared with fresh, local ingredients, our food will please even the most sophisticated pallets. We create everything in our kitchen, including our breads, desserts, burger buns, dinner rolls, sauces... Our establishment can accommodate families with children, adults that are looking for a fine cocktail or a good bottle of wine, parties of any kind. Our restaurant and patio provide for magnificent views of Pacific Ocean, Twin Rocks and fabulous sunsets! Come for the food and enjoy the view!
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Great service, good food, actually better than good as we ate there two nights in a row. Reasonably priced, salads, and seafood...both were yummy (obviously if we went back the next night). The view...every seat in the house has an ocean front view that is breath taking. Staff was very friendly and accommodating...also happy to give you a sample of something before you order.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We picked the Sand Dollar because it was ocean view. It does not have a great view, but it seems to be the only ocean view restaurant between Cannon Beach and Lincoln City (if you don't take the Three Capes Route to Pacific City). A little pricey (ordered two burgers, a side of chowder and two sodas, about $30 plus tip), but you are paying for location as well. Chowder was thick, but tasty. Burgers were a little on the small side, but were made with fresh buns, a nice touch. The service was slow, we came for lunch, and from the time of seating until our food arrived was 40 minutes. They had just recently opened and are probably getting a few kinks worked out.

1  Thank Lil-Miss-Britches
Reviewed 31 May 2014

my three young kids stopped in for dinner on a friday night after playing in the sand. there was only one other table filled, thankfully, because the kids can sometimes be loud. they had coloring books, kid menus and high chairs, which was great. the clam chowder was tasty except for the stale croutons on top. the kids did not like the macaroni and cheese, though, because it was too adulty....penne noodles with a very thick cheese sauce and chives on the top. however the fish and chips were wonderful and i loved their tartar sauce! very good fries too. very nice and helpful service although a bit rough around the edges.

1  Thank wkaiser
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We could not find the other restaurant in town we were looking for, and happened upon this place at random. I felt like a bloody mary, and the sign said lounge so I decided we would try it. Let me just say OH MY! Really was the best Bloody Mary I have had in years, not many places around me make their own mix and here they do. Don't need a V-8 with one of these beautiful drinks. My boyfriend and I both had the potato scramble with sourdough toast, and it was delicious. The bread was homemade, as it seems was the jam. I would highly recommend this place to anyone in the Rockaway area.

2  Thank Shannone32
Reviewed 8 May 2014

my wife and I went once and that's all I will say. from what I read in comments most are true. the chowder is thick and what I call soup/stew not chowder at all.

3  Thank Brian S