“Super 8 was just fine!”

Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Roseburg
Bandon
“Super 8 was just fine!”
Reviewed 12 August 2011

We stayed for 2 nights. The beds were extremely comfortable with clean linens and blankets; the bedspreads smelled clean as well; a bonus extra 2 pillows on each bed. The hotel is pet-friendly, there were plenty of places to walk the dog around, so ignore that other review below. Yes, it was noisy in the pool area but that happens in all indoor pools, i think. The pool water was a little TOO warm. There was a bit of shortage on pool towels. I am grateful the front desk people were very courteous and understanding when there was a mix-up with our credit/debit card payment and we didn't have to suddenly pack up and leave. I was surprised there were smoking rooms on the 3rd floor. I assumed all hotels would be smoke-free by now in this day and age. I go outside to puff my ciggies out of respect for other guests. If i am ever in Roseburg again i would stay here again.

Room Tip: Smoker-haters should avoid the 3rd floor! For a quiet stay-avoid rooms above or near the pool area.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank josephine938
super8genmgr, General Manager at Super 8 Roseburg, responded to this review, 19 August 2011
Thank you for your recent visit to our hotel. It pleases me to hear that your stay was a great one. We strive to provide each guest with clean and comfortable accomodations, at a budget-friendly price. Your comments are greatly appreciated, they provide us with the tools needed to ensure full satisfaction for all of our visitors.

Thanks again for your response. We hope to see you again soon!

Super 8 - Roseburg

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Salinas, California
Reviewed 8 August 2011

Horrible bad management smelled like smoke customer service sucked manager was hanging out in front area not helping guest too busy on cell phone and wheni approached her about it she was super mean .i will never stay here again

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank sandy o
super8genmgr, General Manager at Super 8 Roseburg, responded to this review, 16 August 2011
Thank you for your candid response about your recent stay at our property. It is unfortunate to hear that your stay was anything less than satisfactory, and would like to extend my apologies for any inconveniences. I do not recall meeting you, nor speaking with you regarding your stay. I generally am either in my office, or walking throughout the hotel making sure things are running the way they should be. I often use my business phone to communicate with the front desk agents, or my supervisors throughout the hotel. I apologize if you saw me on my phone, and this seemed anything less than business like.

If there is something specific that occured during your stay that you are unhappy with, and would like to speak with me please feel free to contact me at the hotel.

541-672-8880

Best regards,

Roseburg Super 8

Travellers are raving about these Roseburg hotels

Aberdeen, Washington
Reviewed 19 July 2011

Nice staff and good breakfast setup but our "pet Friendly" room was a bit too noisy. Next to the pool with lots of children playing. Kept my dog barking more than I'd like. The good news was that they closed the pool promptly at 10PM. If your dog needs a walk, not much walking to be had in the area...

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank GHSarah
Thank you for your feedback. My apologies for the excessive noise next to the pool area. Sometimes when there are alot of people using the pool facility, it gets noisy in the room next to it. If you should experience anything like this in the future, please let our front desk agent know and we can get you into a different room to accomodate you.

It is always our goal for our guests, as well as their companions, to have a pleasurable stay at our hotel, my apologies if you didn't feel there was adequate space for your dog. We do have a large area in the back of the hotel that many guests use to let their animals get some excercise. I hope you choose to come back and give us another try soon!

Anacortes, Washington
Reviewed 24 May 2011

I hadn't stayed at a Super 8 in forever, but the night we needed was pretty full in Roseburg. Checkin was fine, as was our room. Breakfast the next morning was quite decent. The only problem arose from my own screwup: I left a shirt in the dresser, & didn't realize it for a couple of days. I called 4 or 5 times, but the desk staff & housekeeping staff couldn't find it. Since I've worked in hotels for years, I resorted to calling the person who usually knows exactly what's going on: the Night Auditor. In 5 minutes, she'd located my beloved shirt & it was in my hands in 36 hours....it just hadn't been logged in in their lost & found file(a pet peeve of mine where I work).
I've recommended the Super 8 in Roseburg to my own Guests, and have heard nothing but positive feedback!

Room Tip: Talk to the night auditor!!
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank RealAles
super8genmgr, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Roseburg, responded to this review, 13 July 2011
Thank you so much for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated. I am glad to hear you had a great stay with us, and that we were able to locate your belongings. My apologies for it not being logged properly, but I am glad we were able to get it to you. It is always our goal to provide great customer service, so it pleases me to hear that you were satisfied with your stay with us. We hope to see you again soon!

Thanks again!

Portland, OR
Reviewed 8 October 2010

A group of us came down from Portland for the Umpqua Hawaiian Festival. Not expecting anything more than a standard place to sleep, we were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the decor and professionalism of the staff. The beds and pillows were great and the towels thick. It was just as comfy as any boutique hotel. Breakfast the next morning was pretty chaotic with what seemed to be the entire hotel trying to eat at once, but Jeff, the front desk clerk, was calm and got everything for everyone right away. If it weren't for my snoring companions, I would have slept like a baby. Oh, and it was the most affordable place to stay in Roseburg. Can't beat that!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Kapuanani
super8genmgr, General Manager at Super 8 Roseburg, responded to this review, 30 November 2010
I am truly pleased you and your group chose the Super 8 Roseburg for your accommodations during your recent trip from Portland. We strive to make sure each guest (and their companions) have an awesome stay at our hotel, and love having groups visit us. I'm glad you enjoyed our rooms, and that you found our recent renovations tasteful. I hope you all had a chance to indulge in our hot Belgian waffles at breakfast and enjoy our indoor pool and spa.

I hope to see you when you come down to the Umpqua Hawaiian Festival next year. Please feel free to stop by my office and say "hi". It would be my pleasure to meet you!

Aloha~

Casper, Wyoming
Reviewed 2 October 2010

My family stayed for a weeks vacation at the Super 8 and was so surprised by the value. We loved it. The staff was always helpful and nice. I did not expect the room to be so clean and comfy. It has to be the best Super 8 I have stayed at.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank TM5425
Many thanks for choosing our hotel for your lodging needs. It seems like we hit everything on the list for a great hotel experience: clean rooms, great staff, comfort and friendly service! I am glad you enjoyed your visit and even more pleased in your decision to post a comment.

We are all humbled by your response as you have certainly given us a high standard in which to maintain. We promise to continue to provide the same (or even better) service, value and comfort from the "best Super 8" and hope you'll visit us again soon!

All the best,

Margao, India
Reviewed 20 September 2010

We stayed here on her way back to California from Oregon after a weekend trip to Portland. The hotel was okay - clean rooms, quiet, and complimentary breakfast. However, the company in the hotel didn't seem "family-friendly" - we saw at least a couple of gentlement in the lobby shirtless. There was no commotion or noise, but somehow I wouldn't stay again here unless I had to.

The breakfast was even more frugal than the one that Super 8 in Redding served.

I've stayed at a Super 8 only if I was only there for a night during a road-trip and wouldn't choose it as a hotel to stay in while vacationing. Even so, I would stay again at the Super 8 in Redding, but not at this one unless I had no choice.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank suhasmallya
Thank you for your candid response about your recent stay at our property. I know there are a myriad of hotels for our guests to choose, and I am pleased you decided to stay with us. I am glad you found our rooms to be clean and comfortable and you were able to enjoy our complimentary breakfast. We do strive to be family friendly and want all of our guests to feel at home during their stay.

Your comments are exactly what we need to ensure we always remain on the right track to 100% guest satisfaction. I know first impressions are everything, however I would love for you to give us a second look - you might be presently surprised!

Best regards,