“Nice stay”

Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Roseburg
MILWAUKIE
“Nice stay”
Reviewed 14 May 2012

Nice room. Hot tub about 105 deg, but the pool was prefect. Even though it was just off I5, we did not hear traffic. Didn't have time for the breakfast, but coffee was ready and fresh at 6AM.
Staff was very nice, never had a call before during shift change to make sure we had everything we needed. Mini fridge, microwave, small single serve coffee pot in the room.
The only minor things we found were the door to the room was very hard to open, had to use my shoulder and push as it was either very heavy or the automatic closer was set too tight and the ceiling light acted like a strobe light at night, every 2 seconds you would see it glow for a second, not enough to light up the room, but if you looked at it you could see it flasing.

Over all a nice stay and if we go back to Roseburg we will stay there again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Washington State
Reviewed 6 May 2012

This place is convenient to the interstate and can be okay for a one-night stop. However, there are some little annoying things about this motel. First, The breakfast ;is skimpy and the area is very poorly laid out; that is only two or three people can gather breakfast items at a time. Since there was about eight people attemting to gain access to the food items, we simply left the crowd and hit the road.

Also, the desk clerk, on check-in, was very careful to point out that our coupon had expired a few days ago and that it would not be accepted. Overlooking that nit would've been a very positive customer service gesture; but no . . .

There is no fridge in the room; which is unusual for an $80+ room. Also, it can be a long trip down to the ground floor for a few cubes of ice (apparently only one ice machine in the entire facility).

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
super8genmgr, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Roseburg, responded to this review, 12 May 2012
Dear Micheal336,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at our hotel. I am sorry you were disappointed with our breakfast, and I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced. We value your patronage and certainly want to know if you are dissatisfied in any way.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay. We strive for perfection at our property and the service and comfort of our guests is a top priority.

We sincerely appreciate your feedback, as it provides us with the information needed to correct problems and improve on the services we offer our guests. We hope to have the opportunity to provide accommodations for you in the future and show you how your remarks were used constructively.

Sony Graham
Front Office Manager
Reviewed 5 April 2012

I'm not sure how old this place was but was the best and the newest Super 8 I stayed at during my recent trip. The room was clean and comfortable, also the most comfortable bed of this trip too!
I was only there for one night so I didn't check out all the listed amenities. I was told that the third floor was the floor with microwaves and fridges but that they charge more for those rooms? That makes no sense to me since most places in the north west usually offer micros and/or fridges at no extra charge and I wouldn't pay extra for the room just for that.
I absolutely hate people wearing lead shoes thumping above me in other rooms late at night or up at 4 am. While the room I had was generally quiet, the slamming doors of another room on the same floor kept waking me up when late arrivals got to their room.
Overall though I wouldn't mind staying here if I had to travel on I-5 again.

Room Tip: While everybody seemed to crowd out in the West side or front of the building, get a room on the eas...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
super8genmgr, Manager at Super 8 Roseburg, responded to this review, 9 April 2012
Dear Joseph B,

On behalf of our hotel staff, I am writing to let you know how delighted we were to receive your kind words of praise about our hotel.

We take pride in our hotel and we strive to make each guest's stay a satisfying one.
The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. But, its only through their eyes that we can accurately assess the quality of the accommodations and services we provide.

Kat Wise
Reviewed 26 February 2012

We had plans to stay two nights but when we got there and figured out the pool wasn't working, there are no fridges, there was a coffee pot but no coffee, and ants were crawling all over us while we slept. When we woke up, the kids were freaking out so much that we immediately packed up and went across the street to motel 6. We payed half the price for a much bigger, cleaner room and the service was awesome! When I called to book the reservation I mentioned nothing was mentioned about the pool not working, I think the rooms should be discounted. It was a pain to get coffee in the breakfast room at 5 am when there was a coffee pot in the room. When I called to ask for some they said I needed to come get some in lobby. I went and the coffee was empty. Very frustrating start to our morning. The room is strangely organized. With a very small tv. The channels were all fuzzy and the sound was horrible. We will never stay here again. Motel 6 is right across the street, they're half the price, very friendly, clean, organized. They don't have a pool or breakfast but apparently neither does super 8 as they advertise. At least motel 6 doesn't falsely advertise.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Dmapdx
Dear Guest,
I'm concerned about the ants in your room, not having coffee in your room, and the pool closure during your stay at Super 8. I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.
We accommodate many guests each evening, and the principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to each at a reasonable price. Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that you're unhappy.
Please accept my sincere apology.
A hotel is defined by the quality of service that it provides to its guests, and I want you to know that the concerns of our guests are taken seriously. Your willingness to share your experience is genuinely appreciated.
However, in order for me to resolve the issues you raise, I need additional information. Please contact me by telephone or letter with the reservation date and any other facts you consider pertinent.
Once again, please accept my apology for any inconvenience. I look forward to discussing this matter with you upon receipt of the information I've requested.

Kat Wise

Travellers are raving about these Roseburg hotels

Pendleton, Oregon, United States
Reviewed 2 January 2012

This is an amazingly nice little hotel for reasonable prices, but the days we stayed there were no room keys and the first night there was no ice (which we needed for medical reasons). The lovely young lady working nights was running around as quickly as possible opening rooms, but she shouldn't have to do that. The suggestion to 'throw the chain' and leave the room unlocked to get breakfast seemed unsafe, and if I were the manager I would have scheduled additional staff to assist with the room running. I would recommend this hotel, it's a great value, but call ahead and make sure the key and ice machines have been fixed

Room Tip: Our room was on the second floor and was very nice.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 22 September 2011

We pre-booked our room through travelocity and at the last minute we decided to bring our dog. They accomadated us with no problem. Breakfast was well tended and was even set-up early

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bostonrosetravelers
super8genmgr, General Manager at Super 8 Roseburg, responded to this review, 6 October 2011
Thank you for choosing our hotel during your recent travels, and for taking the time to post your review. We are more than happy to meet your companions, and happy you chose to bring him with you. It pleases me to hear the front desk agent who helped you was able to tend to your change in travel plans with ease. I am glad to hear they were able to get breakfast set up for you a little early. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and much needed when leaving early on a long road trip!

We hope your trip was a good one, and hope to see you and your companion again soon!

Thank you again for your kind review!

Marissa Moon
Super 8 - Roseburg
Roseburg, Oregon
Reviewed 18 September 2011

Rooms are clean and comfortable. We've stayed here twice and both times the staff have been very helpful and extremely friendly. We do like the pet-friendly aspect of the motel.

If it weren't for the fact that we live in Roseburg now we'd stay here again if we were visiting!

Room Tip: If you want some quiet, don't take a room by the pool. If you have pets, the end rooms on the g...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
super8genmgr, General Manager at Super 8 Roseburg, responded to this review, 20 September 2011
Thank you for your recent stay with us! It pleases me to hear that we were able to earn such high scores on all four points (Value, Rooms, Location, and Service.) It is our goal to make sure each guest feels comfortable and "at home" when choosing to stay with us.

Thank you for your kind words, and thank you for taking the time to post your review. We hope you will recommend our hotel to your friends and family!

Marissa Moon