“Definitely OK for an inexpensive overnight”
Review of Dunes Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Roseburg
Dunes Motel
Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Roseburg
Reviewed 19 January 2014

For $52 thru Booking.com, this place met my expectations. It was clean, conveniently located and a good value. If you're just looking for a cheap overnight place, saving your money for a couple Crown Royals downtown and staying here is not a foolish decision. Not fancy, but adequate.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank El_Gringo_Hombre

Reviewed 26 June 2013

They give you a real room key vs a plastic card. Denny's is on same block; other dining choices within walking distance. Room was big and it was quiet. When I checked in I wasn't sure if I could park my F150 in the covered parking. There is ample other parking also. The lady actually went to door and looked and told me it was fine. Can open the big window for fresh air. It was in 80s so room was a little warm. I turned on wall type a/c which was a bit loud but it didn't take long to cool room; not a big deal for me. Rooms are upstairs and have two secure entries from outside. It looks like an older place and kind of smells like it but for the peace and quiet I overlooked that. Real easy to get off and on Hwy 5.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 May 2013

Room was large. Comfortable bed. Spacious bathroom.Owner was on site, and very accommodating. Not a chain motel. These are all good things.

Hallways and overall building could use a spruce-up.

Good value overnight stay.

Room Tip: We appeared to be the only guests, so can't comment on the soundproofing.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank svbreila
Reviewed 29 September 2012

Although their brochure does not promise to provide for special requests. I am unable to climb stairs and specificaly requested a ground floor room or an elevator be available. On arrival was told I had to climb stairs and that the desk clerk was not aware of any "special request". I could see my booking form on his desk and clearly see my special request. To be fair to the hotel we where not charged for our room, but did have to find another motel in town

Room Tip: always follow-up with a phone call to confirm special requests.
Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Dogtag3
Reviewed 22 August 2012

Our family stopped at the Dunes motel on our way back from the end of a long road trip. We had been driving for 10+ hours and our girls were tired. I like to stay at non-chain hotels as they are typically less expensive and you get more personalized service. Yes, sometimes you get a real dump but usually not.

The Dunes is a little different in that all of the rooms are on the 2nd and 3rd floors and parking is on the ground level.

The owners checked us in and were incredibly nice and accommodating. The room was clean and comfortable. They are in need of some updating, especially to the AC unit as it was pretty noisy - but then I have had worse when staying in the chain hotels as well. One thing that made us worry right at first is that they still use actual keys - not the plastic cards.

The night was quiet and uneventful. The next morning we got coffee and a muffin which comprised their "breakfast". The owners were there and we talked to them about our trip, our family, etc.

Overall a great bargain for the $60 or so we paid for the night considering we just wanted to get to bed, get up and hit the road again. Oh - and Denny's is right next door.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 July 2012

If you are looking for a clean and comfortable hotel room, then you found it here. If you are looking for bells and whistles, keep looking. We booked a double room that adjoined to another double room (2 rooms, 4 beds, 5 guests). The beds were extra comfortable, the air conditioner worked well, the bathroom was large, and the rooms were quiet. We ate at Dennys and they gave us a discount because we stayed at the Dunes. Breakfast in the morning was limited to coffee, juice and a muffin. Two things that I did not like: Parking is underneath so rooms are on the second and third floor (stair climbing, no elevator), and the hallways reek of smoke smell (rooms were okay). Friendly owners too. All n all a good place to stay and would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 May 2012

I was so disappointed in this motel. I asked for a ground floor room for my handicapped Mother. The inquiry was not answered and when we got there we found out that all rooms are on the second floor as parking was underneath. The room had hairs both long and very short all over the bathroom floor. I asked for housekeeping and was given another room instead. This room was slightly better but not by much. The motel staff was very kind.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family