“Great Stay”

Quality Inn Central
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Roseburg
Reviewed 20 May 2012

We stayed overnight here on our way home from California. The room was very good, new counters,new HD T.V : clean, quiet, and comfortable.

Clean - everything was spotless, inside and out. There wasn't even any litter in the parking lot.
Quiet - although it was relatively close to I-5, the room was very quiet once we closed the door.
Comfortable - the bed was great. We slept like logs.

In addition to meeting our needs, the Garden Villa also offered a really good hot breakfast (included in the price) in a nice little breakfast area off the lobby. The front-desk staff was friendly and helpful, and of course we got all this for a great rate. Next time we're going through Roseburg, this is definitely the place we'll stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank SAM R
Amrik R, Owner at Quality Inn Central, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2012

Aug, 2012
Amrik Singh Rai, Manager at QUALITYINN ROSEBURG, responded to this review

Amrik Singh Rai

Reviewed 30 April 2012

This hotel has only three good things to offer: homemade cookies in the evening, free copies of the Wall Street Journal and free computer time in the office. Everything else was lousy. The room was small, dingy and cramped; the toilet didn't work right; they had perhaps 8 TV channels; the pool isn't heated; the noisy freeway is nearby. After those disappointments, then comes breakfast--the juice maker was out of juice, the waffle iron was non-functional, the milk machine didn't work, the apples were mealy and brown inside--yuch! Then we read the fine print in their "2 for 1 special" and it turns out you must stay at the same hotel for at least 2 nights to earn a 1-night freebie. Who would want to stay at this hotel for more than 20 minutes?

Room Tip: Find another hotel in another town. Roseburg didn't have much to offer.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Amrik R, Owner at Quality Inn Central, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2012

May 2nd
Dear sir or ma'am,

I want to let you know that I have found your review truly helpful. Since this situation came to light I have taken this situation very seriously and have investigated the situation further. I was not made aware of this situation by my staff. I want to let you know that I am diligently working to remedy this . I want to apologize to you for this situation and want you to know if I had known that the situation was that serious I would have personally made sure to get you out of that room immediately.

Quality Inn Owener
Report response as inappropriate Thank you. We appreciate your input.

Reviewed 4 April 2012

very good stay all the staff were responsive and friendly. Best of all it was very spacious, bright and clean rooms. We enjoyed the breakfast, the cleanliness of the breakfast area and (get this) the sink in the breakfast area. The favorable price makes this inn a good place to stay at.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank Jay San R
Amrik R, Owner at Quality Inn Central, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2012

Amrik Rai, Owner at Quality Inn Central, responded to this review
March 20, 2012

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 541-673-5561.

AMRIK SINGH RAI
Report response as inappropriate Thank you. We appreciate your input.

Reviewed 18 March 2012

My family, and I stayed at Quality Inn for 2 nights on our way to Canada. We got 2 rooms at a really good rate, also the service was really good same goes to the employes. The breakfast was really good, we really enjoyed our stay, and are looking forward to coming back on our way back from Canada.

Room Tip: Choose rooms that are on the upper floor, for better view.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
8  Thank Josh C
Amrik R, Owner at Quality Inn Central, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2012

Reviewed 29 September 2011

Another couple and my wife and I stayed one night on our north to south trip along highway 5. We received an AARP discount and found all the staff to be responsive and friendly. Best of all were our two spacious, bright and clean rooms. None of us experienced any of the negatives that a few other reviewers listed. We enjoyed the breakfast, the cleanliness of the breakfast area and (get this) the sink in the breakfast area. The favorable price makes this inn a good value.

Room Tip: Ask questions at the sign-in desk
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
8  Thank frank w

Reviewed 4 September 2011

I was reluctant at first to stay here, but we were just looking for a place to crash for the night while travelling and Travelocity gave the hotel 3 stars. There was nothing 3 stars about it. We had to get our room switched because the first room smelled like cat. The second was just fine. The furnishings are dated, very "country", like you're staying in someone's farmhouse guestroom with all the leftover furniture. Old TV, no wireless (but they did have an ethernet cable), carpet needs cleaning. The rooms also open to an outside pass-through, which I'm never a big fan of for safety reasons. The location is convenient; right off I-5 and hwy 138 to go to Crater Lake. I also wasn't impressed with the desk manager. I walked in to ask a couple quick questions and I stood there for about 7 minutes without any acknowledgement while she was on the phone with another customer.

Overall, I would have stayed at a Super 8 or Motel 6 for the same quality and lower price.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank bethana

Reviewed 1 September 2011

We usually don't write bad reviews but this place was terrible. Our room was so small you could hardly walk. Seemed like they had stuffed a king size bed into a closet. The microwave was taking up space on what should be the desk. The refrig was on top of the counter by the bathroom sink. The tv was on top of a dresser and it was about to fall off of it. We could never recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple