“so-so motel......”
Review of Motel 6 Roseburg

Motel 6 Roseburg
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Roseburg
Reviewed 23 July 2014

There is one restaurant next to motel6. That is it. It is next to I5. The checkin was good. The room is okay. It looks like dorm room. There is nothing fancy. The mattress is okay. The bathroom is weird because the shower is located at the corner. It is triangle shape. It was awkward. The showerhead needs to be tighted and the water pressure is weak. There is no clock in the room. There is no fridge or microwave in the room. It sucks. I was surprised there were no hangers in the tiny closet!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank KDHawaii

Reviewed 30 June 2014

If you are traveling with lots of dogs, as we were with our daughter and her 2 and our 2, this is the place to stay. Nice gated area to walk your dog. There is a Shari's next door to eat. Great food. The beds are not very comfortable and carpeting was disgusting but I guess what should you expect them to put you in with so many dogs. They could have at least steamed it sometime. Didn't look like it had been touched in months. Was constantly noticing my dogs sniffing all the corners which told me other dogs had marked their territory and it wasn't even neutralized between occupants. Very easy to do with vinegar/water mixture. We had to get something printed from a tablet and the clerk out front was very accommodating. Which was much appreciated.

Room Tip: Getting a room on the bottom floor close to the pet area is very helpful.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank AnastasiaYeager
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

I don't know what people expect who rated this motel low. It is basic, clean and comfortable. The A/C worked well. The people at the desk were extremely helpful. The towels were new! (We do always take our own pillows and good ear plugs.) Only problem was no printer, as was advertised and the wifi was VERY slow and spotty. Great value for an overnight stay.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Locheriboll
Reviewed 21 May 2014

This is a better-than average example of a Motel 6. Pluses: the staff is very friendly and helpful, the wifi is free, and the property has indoor room access and an elevator (was probably a hotel before Motel 6 purchased it). Minuses: many of the furnishings are getting a bit run down - mattresses need replacing, light fixtures sometimes need repair, linens are getting old and worn, and in my most recent stay the toilet backed up. The wifi is a bit intermittent at times, and the low-flow showers and oddly designed shower enclosures are a pain to use. All that said, though, it's my favorite Motel 6 to stay at when going through Oregon on I-5.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank cyberqueer
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Chose to stay over at Roseburg before heading to Crater Lake the next morning.

Being a budget hotel, I think it's very decent for the price.
1. Alot of parking out front of the motel.
2. The room was clean and the WIFI works without issues
3. The bedsheet was a bit on the older side (it is a bit furry that only comes with prolonged use and washes), but it was clean and i had no issues with it.

For 60 bucks a night, it's good value for money and good enough for a night or two stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Ordinarily I avoid Motel 6 because I prefer interior corridor room entrances. Luckily this one is in that style. They were in the process of repainting the hallways so things were in a bit of a disarray when I got there, but by the second night that was done. Rooms are a bit tight, but I was just there for the bed not a resort atmosphere. I agree with another review, the angled bathroom entry is a bit odd but functional.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We were very happy with our stay here, as far as the motel was concerned. It wasn't their fault that my 3 & 5 y.o. didn't have any interest in going to sleep! Room was clean and comfortable--just what I would expect from a no-frills motel.

The one thing that threw me every time is that the inside of the bathroom is oriented 45 degrees off from the main room, so it felt really odd every time I walked out. I'm sure it's some sort of space-saving measure. Not a problem really, just weird.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family