“Good soup”

Cuisines: Diner
Roseburg, Oregon
“Good soup”
Reviewed 15 December 2012

Not bad nice place for a group to eat and visit the food doesn't interfere with the conversation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Visited September 2012
1 Thank likeitrite

Roseburg, Oregon, United States
“Family Spot”
Reviewed 10 December 2012

There food is very good & is priced accordingly. It is very family like where the young & old can go. The waitresses & waiter do a very good job.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Karen S
Roseburg, OR
“Great Food”
Reviewed 10 November 2012

Karen's is a homey, friendly place to have good home cooked food. Lots of room for group dining and great staff.

Visited November 2012
“It is what it is!”
Reviewed 31 October 2012 via mobile

Well,again, I am going to preface this review with the disclosure that I am an excellent cook and enjoy well prepared food so I may be more difficult to please than your regular Joe! We stopped on our route from Grants Pass to Portland per trip advisor reviews...most good, a few bad...we are in the middle. This is your typical small township-locals-cozy feeling coffee shop...you can find Em in every town USA. We ordered bacon and eggs with browns and sourdough. Bacon, excellent thick cut cooked perfectly with the lovely balance of sweet/salty/smoky/crunchy/fatty. Best bacon ever! Sourdough toast was thick cut which you rarely see and toasted nicely served with unconventional single serve raspberry jam...that worked! Browns were processed and boxed so that is what they tasted like, no harm no foul! The other thing we ordered was a Spanish Omelet....I rarely if ever orders an omelet because NO ONe and I mean no one, seems to be able to make a decent one anymore. They are more like egg rolls as this one was. To make matters worse, there was runny eggs in center mixed with processed cheese so u could not tell which was which...ugh... Ruined my appetite-I despise raw eggs to a fault. I pointed this out to our very nice young server and it was taken away and microwaved per my request but when it returned, there had been no attempt to straighten up plate,...customer service 101 way I was taught! So, having lost my appetite for an omelet and pretty much sealing my fate on ever having another, I finished my rye toast which was just fine and my coffee which was so good I drank two cups without my usual cream and honey. Meal price reasonable...about $22 dollars with coffees and service was prompt and sufficient without overkill. We would most likely stop here again but would stick with bacon and eggs.

2 Thank Jacksbox
Sutherlin, Oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Karen's Coffee Cup is best!!!”
Reviewed 24 October 2012

Wife and I start our SAturdays in Roseburg, from Sutherlin on food and errand excursions. This place is best for prompt service at 9:30am or so. Great mom/pop diner style meals, terriffic way to start your days. Locals love it and becoming a "regular" is something special. The help gets to know your face, name and wants. Not open Sundays.........different but kinda nice that way; religious.

Have a great meal at Karen's.............

• Visited October 2012