“Very good”

Girardet Vineyards & Winery
Ranked #14 of 41 things to do in Roseburg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Visitors are invited to experience one of Oregon's oldest wine estates. Founders Philippe & Bonnie Girardet established this European-style estate on slopes outside of Roseburg, in 1971. Second generation Winemaker, Marc Girardet, was taught by his father, Philippe, and is carrying on the passion for handcrafting extraordinary wines with a touch of the Old World.
Reviewed 22 March 2014

We have visited Girardet before (2 years ago ) and stopped in again this last week. Very fun place one of the first winery's in the Roseburg area. The wine is very good and Cedar the tasting room mgr. is a very fun person , it's a ways out but worth the drive , we loved it again!

Mike

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Nice drive out to winery.The people are very nice and helpful. wine tasting is great and I walked out with some very tasty wine that keeps getting hijacked by others!

1  Thank Lookingforsun4
Reviewed 13 April 2013

Very senic country setting, and of course excellent wines by grapes grown there. I am familiar with the wines, as I used to sell them when I owned a small sausage/wine shop in Leavenworth. New to me was their Baco Noir, which I had tried the previous night @ Pedotti's Italian in Sutherland. Even met the original ownerPhilippe Girardet, and was treated royally by Jade the sales/person. A great time and experience here, well worth the trip, which was fun!!

1  Thank William M
Reviewed 14 September 2012

We enjoyed all the tastes of wine that they offer at no charge, and we felt the bottles were priced fairly and the wine was all good. We bought a bottle of Pinot Gris at $15 and the very helpful daughter of the founder of the winery told us that they do not have a distributor in California so we considered joining their wine club. The tasting room is not fancy at all and a couple of family dogs have free range, but it really is family run and easy to find off highway 42.
We liked the handicapped accessibility of the entrance and the easy parking.

1  Thank hanlgt
Reviewed 10 September 2012

The best afternoons my wife and I have ever had at a winery, we were treated like family. The staff was very informative and helpful with any questions we had not to mention making it possible for us to meet "Franky", thanks Cara
The special thanks to owner and wine maker Marc Girardet for taking time out of his busy day to come up to the the tasting area to meet with us and talk wines.
That said Girardet wines are fantastic and I can not say enough about their wines, you can not go wrong with any of them and their Baco Noir reserve is the best, trust me.

2  Thank DD-Dano