“Glad we finally tried it out”

Dino's Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #7 of 138 Restaurants in Roseburg
Price range: US$10 - US$21
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Marysville, CA
“Glad we finally tried it out”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We've been stopping in Roseburg over the last couple of years as it is half way between home and our son in Washington. This restaurant has been in my sights for a while and I decided tonight was the night. I looked up the web site and it says they are closed on Mondays. Disappointed, I chose a pub down the street and when we got there it was closed. I spotted Dino's with cars out front and the open sign out so we ended up here anyway! When I mentioned their web site to Dino, he stated that they have been open on Mondays for the last couple of years.

They had ribeye steak and spaghetti with marinara sauce as the two specials of the day. I asked about lamb and apparently they will have fresh local lamb in the near future as Dino just bought some on the hoof.

They were on the tail end of a rush so even by their standards they were slow to serve. We did get water and crusty sourdough bread right away after the table was set and we ordered not long after, I ordered a bottle of Chianti Classico Petroio for both my wife and I. She had spaghetti with marinara sauce and I had veal scallopini. We both had a salad with homemade ranch dressing. We got the salads fairly quickly and they were very good. My wife is allergic to red onions and they were careful not to contaminate her salad when it was made.

The wine came along a little later and then the wait for the main dishes. My wife's spaghetti had a sweet marinara sauce that I liked, but she thought it was too sweet. My veal came with candied carrots and some kind of rice? on sun dried tomatoes. I'm pretty much a white rice eater so I couldn;t say for sure what that was, but I do know it was very good.

She had Umqua spumoni ice cream for dessert and I had a pineapple ricotta torte. Again both were tasty. We each received a free small glass of lemoncello for our patience as a final treat.

The service was friendly and the food was great. This place will be in our future visits.

3 Thank Chowhound59

Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Excellent food and atmosphere”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Just got back from a week in Roseburg. We found Dino's our first night and went back several times. The food is excellent…. You must try Debbie's hand made ravioli! The atmosphere is warm and friendly. The service is wonderful and very knowledgable. Wine selection is most enjoyable. You can expect Dino and Debbie to visit your table during the meal to make sure you are enjoying your evening. Don't be surprised if Dino sits down at your table with 2 or 3 partial bottles of wine at the end of the evening. Fun it was! You will not be disappointed.

3 Thank David C
“Worth the 2200 mile drive”
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Drove from Texas to Roseburg and was delighted to stumble onto Dinos. The food was spectacular and the staff even more incredible. Lisa took care of all our needs and made great suggestions. Dino came by at end of our meal and we stayed another hour visiting. Our group came in as tourist and left feeling like long time friends.

3 Thank Mike B
Melbourne, Australia
“Great food”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Dined here from trip advisor reviews. Looking for Italian. Terrific food, and friendly service. Had tyne linguini and lasagne. Simple but very tatty and great value.

1 Thank Cookster56
Roseburg, Oregon
“Great family atmosphere and food!”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Went to Dino's last week with entire family. The food is very good and the hospitality is very Italian.
An old guy was playing the piano, Dino goes from table to table chatting and seeing to it that all our needs were met. At the end of our meal he shows up with a bottle of lemon chello to top off our meal! He's got a nice place that's not at all stuffy. Love going there..

• Visited April 2014