“Great food, service and beer”

McMenamins Roseburg Station Pub & Brewery
Ranked #6 of 140 Restaurants in Roseburg
Price range: US$6 - US$12
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 12 August 2014

My boyfriend and I went there Saturday night for dinner. Our server, Becca, described and suggested a few beers and brought us 3 samples. We ordered Ruby, which had a hint of raspberry, but not overpowering. It was refreshing and tasty. The beef stew served over mashed potatoes was tasty, well prepared and the beef was fork tender. We shared the polenta lemon cake for dessert. It was very good. My only suggestion is that they serve it with fresh, not frozen, berries, especially this time of year, when berries are plentiful. Service was very good. The interior of the restaurant is busy, but it works, we liked it. We would definitely come back again, when we're in the area.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

We were here for my wife's birthday dinner. Our server was excellent, she was very timely and friendly. The food came in a reasonable time. We both got a cup of Clam Chowder, it was not the best I've had. It was very milky tasting and thin, it had a hint of dill and the clams were generous. I got the fish and chips, the fish was average (only 2 pieces), the fries were very good and the slaw was very good. My wife got the Portland Dip. It was excellent (she gave me a taste) and I would highly recommend it! Overall it was a good meal and we both had plenty to eat. The inside decor was nice and interesting and the view was not the greatest (but then it's an old train station).

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Thank you for saving all the great buildings you save, thank you for involving the local community and for welcoming travelers but most of all thanks for the GREAT BEERS

1  Thank szamp
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Wonderfully restored train depot turned into restaurant. Enjoyed the service and food. Learned about all the McMenamins properties all over the Pacific Northwest.

1  Thank PJRP2014
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We have eaten here since the old Roseburg train depot was purchased by the restaurant chain and converted to a restaurant / brewery. I know I can get my favorite single malt Scottish whiskey, "Talisker" here. So it was an opportunity to toast old friends visiting from out of town as they took us out to dinner recently. For some reason I have never written a review even though it is a few blocks walking distance from our home and our recently opened B&B next door, in the Mill Pine historic district. Like all the MacMenimin restaurants, the building they occupy has historic character and a unique ambience. The micro brew beers are always excellent and their menu features equally interesting and unique fare that often incorporates the rich flavors of their micro brews. This MacMenimins captures the flavor of the original use of the building as a train depot. Dinning is sometimes interrupted or perhaps augmented by now infrequent switching from the old rail yard and perhaps a passing freight train often carrying lumber to market from Roseburg and other local mills. Roseburg grew around this railroad from the turn of the century onward until constant earth slides on Cow Creek to the south caused it to take a route from Mt Shasta via the same path as current highway 97 crossing the Cascade range at Willamette pass to make the new round house for southern Oregon, the city of Eugene. Photos on the wall tell parts of that story documenting visits to this exact spot by train, when it still served passengers, by such dignitaries as President Teddy Roosevelt, President Taft, President Franklin Delano Roosevelt before polio and his presidency, President Richard M. Nixon, and the Liberty Bell on a cross nation tour. This is definitely a unique dinning experience steeped not only in the history of Roseburg but it's pivotal roll in Oregon's destiny to become a state! Something that may require a trip to the nearby Douglas County Museum to gain a better understanding.