“Cleanliness is next to a good night's sleep”

Best Western Garden Villa Inn
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Roseburg
GreenLeadersBronze level
Seattle, Washington
“Cleanliness is next to a good night's sleep”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

By outward appearances, this hotel has been in the Roseburg area for quite awhile. HOWEVER, that does not mean that it is run down by any stretch. The rooms are clean, the beds comfortable and it looks like the rooms have undergone renovation within the last few years. The prices aren't too bad either. It seems that when I travel now, I look for hotel properties that have a breakfast and this one does. In fact, they have fresh baked cookies along with coffee available every night for a couple of hours. When you walk in the door you are warmly greeted. When I got there this past Thursday night the young man behind the counter was very helpful and very proficient in the check-in process. Central Oregon was experiencing some severe winter weather and this young man was very quick to hop on the computer to check out the highway conditions for my next day's journey. There is ample parking inside the property's courtyard so you can also keep an eye on your car, rv, or van if you feel the need. If fast food is to your liking there are a couple of choices within walking distance and more on the other side of the freeway (you actually pass under the freeway so you don't have to play 'dodge car'). What I liked a lot was the fact that even though they are right next to the freeway, the noise level in your room is minimal so you can rest comfortably and peacefully. You can't go wrong here

Room Tip: there really is no poor choice of room locations. All rooms are accessed by entering from the semi-e...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
BWGardenVillaInn, Front Office Manager at Best Western Garden Villa Inn, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Dear Craig L,

Thank you so very much for the wonderful things you had to say about our hotel and your stay that you had with us. I read that you commented on the breakfast and the cookies in the evening. We also serve hot soup each evening I hope you did not miss out it. We take great pride in making each guest feel welcome and making them equipped for their stay in Roseburg and their next stay by either giving directions or making traveling arrangements for their next stop to checking the weather as we did for you.

Hope to get a chance to serve you in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

From the time I arrived to when I leave there is nothing but great service. The staff is friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and comfortable at a good rate. The morning breakfast is fantastic with plenty to eat. I look forward to my next stay

Dear Leland G,

Yay Yay! We have made a loyal guest! Its awesome to read how well we are doing to please and make each guest feel important and welcome. We look forward to having you back as well. Thank you again for your valuable time to let us know how we are doing.
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

The best part of my one night stay his were the staff. They were friendly, efficient and went out of their way to answer my questions about the local area, restaurants, etc. The room was clean but tired. Management has obviously spent some money upgrading some amenities, but the overall place is just looking tired and needs some major renovations. OK for a quick stop while on I5, but nothing special.

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Dear Alan H,

Thank you for your valuable time in giving us feedback on your recent visit with us in Roseburg. It's always so pleasing to hear how fantastic our staff is doing we take much pride and careful training to ensure that each guest is treated like they are welcome. We are always trying to educate ourselves on the local area to make sure we can relay the best knowledge possible to each guest that is needing something. We again thank you for choosing us and would love to see you in the future.
Simi Valley, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

I had requested a parking space for my 32 foot truck with a 110 power plug to keep my batteries & heater running. Upon my check in, the desk clerk was totally clueless as to my request which was clearly stated on the reservation. There was NO parking within the hotel grounds. I was forced to park in the driveway....Really?
The room was clean....that's VERY important BUT....the room was sooooooo tiny I had to go outside to change my mind???
Have my doubts about the breakfast as the breakfast room is very tiny too...

Room Tip: None...all rooms are 1950's vintage. Although updated, still very lacking any room...
Dear Kernvilledaddy,

First off thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to leave us feedback. We deeply apologize for dropping the ball and not being able to meet your needs as a valuable guest. I am pleased to hear that you did find our rooms clean. We again are so sorry that you did not find your stay completely satisfying.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

I am a business traveler and Best Western is typically my hotel of choice. I have stayed at the Best Western Garden Villa in twice, the most recent being 1/29/14. I always stay at properties that offer a AAA discount and this property advertises such a discount. The first time I stayed, when I booked my room, I asked for the AAA discount which I was assured I was receiving. Upon arrival I double checked with the clerk that I was receiving the discount and presented them with my AAA card. The next morning after checking out and leaving the hotel I looked at my bill and realized I had been charged a higher rate. I made a phone call back to the hotel and spoke with Bobbi, she informed me that she didn't have authorization to credit my card back but she would speak to the manager and call me back. Later that morning I did receive a call from Bobbi informing me that they would credit my card for the overcharge and email me a new receipt, problem solved right? Upon receiving the email I realized that they had only credited me half the amount of the overcharge. Now it became the principle of the matter and another phone call to the hotels office occurred and the full amount was finally credited. Fast forward to this current stay, I thought I would give them another chance, writing the first episode off to human error. When I checked out this morning the same exact scenario had occurred, quoted AAA rate, confirmed it at check in, then charged the full amount at check out.

This is a decent hotel, on par with all the other Best Westerns I stay at and I was willing to write the first incident off. Having had the same issue arise on consecutive stays, this traveler will be staying elsewhere in Roseburg.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear Dave J

Thank you so much for your valuable time to give us valuable feedback. From the bottom of our heart, we are so sorry for your experience. We believe that what seperates good and bad business is not whether we make mistakes but how we make our mistakes. Please know that that when we fail , we rise up again more determined than ever to not let this happen again. We would love the chance to make this right for you so please consider staying with us again when you are in Roseburg.

Very sorry again.
Placerville, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

Have stayed at this hotel before and found the staff helpful and friendly, the rooms clean and comfortable and the breakfast good. When we asked about a place to eat we were given directions as well as a coupon for the restaurant we were interested in.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Larry K,

Thank you so much for your valuable time to leave us feedback on your recent stay at the Best Western in Roseburg. It's so wonderful to hear that you are a repeat guest and we have made you feel welcome and you know what to except at our hotel.

Thank you again for your feedback.
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

Yet another great Best Western experience. Right off the highway, yet still a quiet, clean and neatly appointed room. Cleanliness and security never a question. The staff, from the front desk to the breakfast room attendants were friendly, courteous and professional.
The little extras like cookies in the evening and a full hot breakfast in the morning made for another delighful stay with the Best Western family.
This was the tenth evening of a great mountain bike vacation for my adult son and myself and Best Western was our best discovery. We stayed with them 8 out of 11 nights and were not once disappointed. We could not say that about the other 3 nights we spent in other motels.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
BWGardenVillaInn, Front Office Manager at Best Western Garden Villa Inn, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Dear mtbbuds,

Thank you so much for your valuable time to share feedback on your recent stay at the Best Western Garden Villa Inn. We give the utmost attention to our guest comments as they help us improve and continually provide the best guest service possible.

Thank you for your loyality to Best Western its always good to hear that the brand is giving you the same guest experience wherever you stay.

Hope to see you again,

Thank you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roseburg
Windmill Inn of Roseburg
BEST WESTERN PLUS Hartford Lodge -  Sutherlin / Roseburg
Quality Inn Central
Quality Inn Central
#11 of 15 in Roseburg

Been to Best Western Garden Villa Inn? Share your experiences!