“NEW OWNERSHIP HAS MADE A DIFFERENCE!”

Brutke's Wagon Wheel
Ranked #81 of 139 Restaurants in Roseburg
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Roseburg
“NEW OWNERSHIP HAS MADE A DIFFERENCE!”
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Since the early 50's, Brutke's Wagon Wheel has been one of the premier steakhouses in Roseburg. However, over the last few years has not been operating to its full potential. Those days are gone! The new owner has vested interest in making "The Wheel" what it used to be; casual atmosphere, excellent food and great service. The new menu has exiting new items and the new kitchen staff work hard to prepare a great meal with a nice presentation. If you haven't been to Brutke's in a while, stop in and have a succulent steak, prime rib, seafood or baby back ribs among other many great items to choose from. Top it off with an award winning local wine to compliment your meal. My family will definitey be back again!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank MrMagoo541

Orlando, Florida
“a place to aviod”
Reviewed 25 June 2013

I read the other reviews and wonder if we went tot the same place but i can only report on my experience. we are visiting for work and were looking for a steak house the hotel reception recommend this place.
Chicken wings still frozen in the middle, sweet chill sauce had water added so that it had zero taste. The cod which was over cooked, cold and swimming in water on the plate, the others had the prime rib and said it was OK at best. For the prices they charged I would strongly recommend giving it a miss, there has to be something better in the area.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank Phil H
hyoungscorp, Owner at Brutke's Wagon Wheel, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
Thank you for your business. I do however apologize for the bad experience. This was in the initial weeks of my new ownership. I always value customers opinions and strive to correct any concerns with service. Since your experience I have implement a new menu with new pricing. I have also replaced the cook in question due to inconsistency in cooking processes. Please accept my apology as the new owner and if you are ever in the area again please feel free to contact me.
Thanks
Harold
SF Bay Area
“Never again”
Reviewed 7 September 2005

Late August 2005 we ate at Brutke's because of a very good AAA rating. Never again. There are other places to eat in Roseburg and we will find another next time. If you like steak and ribs, go for it but I don't know if you will get the doneness you order. We had what tasted like revived frozen fish and it was awful. Salad was ok.

6 Thank fluffy