“Avoid at all costs!”

Americas Best Value Inn - Roseburg
Ranked #16 of 16 Hotels in Roseburg
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We had made reservations at this hotel three months previous, so when we arrived on the night of the 21st of June, we were stunned to discover that they couldn't find our reservations. None-the-less, they gave us a room that hadn't been cleaned yet...It was disgusting, but they made a half-hearted attempt to "clean" it while we waited outside in our car. We were so exhausted from our long drive that we finally told the clerk to not worry about finishing up, we just wanted to sleep.
Our TV didn't have cable(?), and was a prehistoric LCD that barely recieved any channels. The Ice maker was broken, but the clerk did have some ice that she gave us from her own room. When we left the following morning, we tried for several minutes to turn in our key. Even though the door said it was open, no one ever showed up. Terrible place, see it and avoid it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I stayed here a couple years ago and was satisfied...Whew, what a difference a couple years make!! Should have known there would be issues once I saw a bunch of mattresses leaning on the outside walls.. Outside pool was empty and dirty.The inside was dirty!! stains all over the carpeting. Walls were dirty & paint missing in spots. I was scared to sleep under the blanket in fear of bed bugs after seeing the mattresses outside. There is no hair drier, no iron or ironing boards. AC unit was noisy & didn't work well. Now comes the good stuff....While trying to sleep, there was people living there up all night and making more noise. Door slams, people yelling and talking. Bottom line I would never stay here again and would have went somewhere else but the other hotels were booked.. Only good thing on this visit was the gal at the counter..She was friendly & nice.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank HonestInjun12328
Reviewed 22 May 2014

this place seemed kinda iffy when i pulled in ,but i figured ive got to spend the night to find out if its ok ,, well most things here seemed ok , sure the place is kinda worn and it shows , but everything worked - I,E. fridge / micro and most importantly the A/C - it blew cold , the fridge was kinda small but it works ,the carpets were worn and there was a big iron burn in the carpet,,,and trash behind the night stand ,,, the only major issue i had occurred first thing in the morning ,, i work up early having to use the rest room, i did so and went back to bed , about an hour later it was time to get up and get going ,, well when i stepped into the B-room boy oh boy did i get a shock- the toilet was draining into the tub ---- ick , i cleaned myself up as best as i could with out a shower and packed up - i did check out the comp breakfast, boy oh boy is it slim - and there was a felt pen sign saying ONLY 1 Pastry per guest --- pitiful ,,,, anyway i told the gal at the desk about the tub filling with fecal matter and she said - its not my fault - !!! she did offer to let me use a shower in another room - but no real apology nor any offer to try to compensate me
i doubt i will be visiting this place again

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank vardis3
Reviewed 15 May 2014

This place was FILTH. I mean disgusting. The kind of place where u don't want to take your shoes off. The room smelled of mold, and mildew. Stains covered the carpet, there was hair all over the toilet and shower. The man that was in the room next to us looked like a serial killer, no joke. And added even more creeper status when he watched u from the window when u went to the car. This place was scary! And if your traveling with kids, avoid this place at ALL COST!

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Novaleeisland
Reviewed 16 April 2014

The Inn was drab to look at on the inside but it was clean, everything worked, and nothing showed a lack of maintenance inside the room. Good shower, towels were bright, white, ample though not super-sized and a bit on the scratchy side the way I like them.

I got what I thought I'd get although I think the room was over priced by about 15%.

The staff people were very nice and went out of their way to satisfy my need for honey to put into a fruit salad--they brought me more honey than I could use.

I wanted to be near the old downtown but found the motel in a new mall area near I-5. In the end it was OK because I discovered the downtown was a bit rundown.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Sinsal
Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

Usually you can tell how the motel will be from the looks of its office, but this was not the case. The office actually looks decent, but the rooms were not. Carpet was dirty and worn out. Everything was old. Continental breakfast was a joke, all I managed to get were some apples and prepackaged cookies. We could have stayed at a Motel 6 for the same price.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank yuliyash
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I saved money but I think I will treat myself better next time and not return. The place is tired and not maintained well. Towels were thin and worn. Shower head broken. I think the property management work as little as possible. I know you get what you pay for and I saved a few bucks. But with other hotels offering a good breakfast and this place offering a Danish in a plastic bag I think I really didn't save due to buying breakfast at a different location. This place is depressing I would stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roseburg
Best Western Garden Villa Inn
#12 of 16 in Roseburg
Motel 6 Roseburg
Motel 6 Roseburg
#9 of 16 in Roseburg

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - Roseburg? Share your experiences!