“They're getting there!”

Ranked #12 of 138 Restaurants in Roseburg
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: Latin
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Salud Restaurant and Brewery was created from a passion for unique Latin inspired foods and an obsession with good craft beer. We are deeply rooted in this community and greatly appreciate our loyal patrons. We want our restaurant to be the first place you think of for hand crafted cocktails, shareable appetizers, tapas, exciting changing entrées, and as a means to learn about and try Oregon craft beers. We also showcase palate pleasing wines from around the Umpqua Valley. Know that we will serve you with a warm smile, and an energized spirit. Our atmosphere was created for laughter and relaxation. We hope you enjoy our new and interesting fusion style menu. We will continue to challenge ourselves daily to provide you with the best tasting locally grown and minimally processed foods. Salud!
“They're getting there!”
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

This is a brand-new restaurant, so you can expect a few rough edges: a few blank walls waiting for artwork, staff still in training, and a lunch menu way shorter than the drink menu. But that said, the staff is quick and courteous, the prices are comparable to other restaurants downtown, the plating is attractive, and most importantly, our meal was delicious.

I had potato/bacon soup, which had plenty of bacon properly cooked, chunks of red potatoes and celery, and not too much salt (but certainly enough). My husband's pulled pork tacos looked fresh and were served with seasoned black beans. He did get a flat Coke initially, but the waiter corrected it immediately.

All in all, we were impressed and look forward to seeing their business grow.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Kayla O

Roseburg, Oregon
“Salud: Latin for food poisoning”
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

I had such high hope for this place. Definitely thought that this would be a great new place for Roseburg and the food/drink scene. We arrived with some other couples, sat down and ordered drinks. This was the best part of the night. Our drinks came within a reasonable amount of time. We had beers and the girls had a couple of the cocktails. Both were good. The waiter was friendly, took our order and 55 minutes our food arrived. For the prices we paid we had high expectations. The food was below average, very ordinary and portions on the small side. I would say the food was barely above fast food quality.... Of course this was before I realized My wife and I both got food poisoning from salud. Thanks for the letdown Salud.

Visited July 2014
4 Thank Brian F
“Overly priced with a poor attention to detail. POORLY executed.”
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

When you walk inside you are pleasantly surprised to see a nice open floor plan with beautiful wood floors and a nice little bar. Clean and inviting. Trendy yet classic. The menu has some great items and the digital beer menu adds a suave touch. Unfortunately that's where MOST of the "experience" ends. Let me start by saying this is my first time giving feedback on a place i've eaten,or any place for that matter. I've maybe given a poor feedback on an e-bay purchase or have expressed my disapproval,verbally, of a place i've been,to a friend or acquaintance. Soooo.. Our dinner( my girlfriend and I) at Salud was sad. Overpriced and poorly executed. The Cuban sandwich i ordered was SUB-par. The first thing i noticed was how dry and crusty the pulled pork was. It looked as if it had been sitting under a heating lamp. Possibly it was sitting in a hot pot and they just served me the dregs or it may have been the dried out top portion of what had been "that days" pork. Either way...it sucked. Over-dressed with mustard and what i can only describe as McDonald's style pickle slices accompanied with a slice of ham steak,which i couldn't taste,nor the pork,due to the drenching of mustard, on a decent baguette. It did come with a side of fries that were super salty. Yay!! :/ Thats sums up my sandwich...oh..btw..$11!! Next...Ceviche...or as it was...pico de gallo with a few pieces of TINY,pre-cooked,chewy,almost nonexistent,shrimp. Top that off with some MORE diced tomato,onion,and cilantro. All in all it was about a cup and a half worth of,sad :(,pico with about three chopped up SMALL shrimp.MAYBE. After a complaint about the ceviche..their remedy..a 2oz ramekin,or some call a pinch bowl,of diced mango to add to the mix. It added nice color!! Lol. I would recommend they add that to the presentation. Maybe it'll help them pull off the $12 price tag! The ONLY positive points we can make about our visit to Salud would be the service and the drinks. Our waitress,who's name i sadly, because she deserves praise,do not recall,was amazing. Friendly,peppy,as accommodating as she could be,and just plain professional. The beer i had was very good and the margarita was dang good also. As much as i had to write a negative review i also want to be fair and point out the FEW good things as well. Its only fair. So to wrap up the evening....a $36 bill for salsa with bits of shrimp,a sub-par mustard sandwich,and two drinks. The icing on the cake..as my other half just reminded me,as it escaped my memory....it was happy hour! Easily,at a normal hour, a $40 bill not counting tip. Not ok. Not ok. And please believe me when i tell you that I'm not,in any way,afraid to drop $$ on a GOOD dinner. Even a DECENT dinner. This was neither.

• Visited July 2014
4 Thank Scott R
Roseburg, Oregon
“Wonderful Latin menu, trendy bar”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

This new restaurant is a wonderful fusion of Central to South American cuisine. The Latin bistro-style menu is well conceived, with flavorful touches in just the right combination of salty and sweet, spicy and savory. The tapas are delightful and unique. We tried several tapas, and were quite happy with them all - but be sure YOU try the Croquettes. They were crispy and yet melted away in your mouth. The balsamic reduction with the steak skewers was nicely done and not too sweet. It worked quite well with the tender bites of savory meat.

The signature cocktails are also very well made, using fresh ingredients like muddled peach-berry margaritas, or a pineapple-jalapeño in the Spicy Piña.

The overall appearance is pleasant, neat and clean. The only complaint that I have is the noise level, since the dining room is an open concept, the noise becomes quite invasive as the dining room fills up.

The service makes up for this as our waiter was very attentive. We didn't have to wave him down or hunt for him. We had a leisurely meal, one tapas at a time, and he never lost track of where we were or what we needed.

I suspect that this wonderful new bistro will become a place I regularly visit, and with the promise of seasonal offerings, I will not become menu fatigued.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Karen S
Roseburg, Oregon
“Great up and coming restaurant”
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Good beer selection, amazing food with local grass fed beef, Latin inspired but still has staples that all great places have. Manny has done a great job and it will keep getting better as wait staff improves!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank JorAmy

Been to Salud Restaurant and Brewery? Share your experiences!