“Would definitely stay again”
Review of Rose City Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Roseburg
Rose City Motel
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Roseburg
Columbia, South Carolina
“Would definitely stay again”
Reviewed 9 October 2009

I stayed at this motel based on reviews I had read on Trip Advisor, and am so glad I did. The location was convenient to the interstate and downtown, and the value could not be beat. I stayed in the "airplane" room and it was absolutely charming. The decor revolved around aviation, right down to the airplanes made out of beer cans! I spoke with the owner as I was leaving, and she was so gracious and welcoming, that I hated to leave! I would recommend this roadside motel over any hotel chain any day!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
oregon
Reviewed 30 September 2009

I’m a traveling doctor and prefer a clean peaceful safe place to relax at the end of my day. I love staying at the Rose City Motel, as it is by far the most charming comfortable cozy home feeling motel I have ever stayed. The feeling of love and laughter surrounds the guest and I here. I highly recommend this motel.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
central Ohio
Reviewed 18 September 2009

The Rose City Motel was an unusual surprise. After a long, disappointment-filled day, I got here and my mood completely changed. The rooms are decorated like grandma's house--hand-made quilts, unique lamps, paintings, even a travel journal for guests to write in--but everything is in good condition and comfortable. The bed creaks a little, but where that would be an annoyance anywhere else, here it adds character. The one person who complained about this place mentioned that there's no ice, but so what...there's a large fridge with a freezer in the room. Wi-fi works great and is secure. I dropped the "service" score to 4/5 since the gentleman who checked me in was kind of crotchety, but his wife was very sweet. Other than that, 5/5 all the way.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled solo
Portland, Or
Reviewed 24 August 2009

What a wonderful place to stay. I can't say enough good things about Kathy and the motel. We stayed the last weekend in July - very hot - and the air conditioner went out in our room. Since it was after the appliance stores had closed, Kathy was right in there with fans to cool the room down and first thing the next morning a new ac was installed. She had tons of information about places we visited, got us a deal at Wildlife Safari, told us how to get to the river so the kids could swim, was kind, gracious, and thoughtful the entire time we were there. Great value, darling rooms, and warm care from Kathy. We will be back. Thanks Kathy!!!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank wildfishhook
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 24 July 2009

We stayed at the Rose City while travelling through Oregon. After looking at the other couple of reviews on TA of the Rose City and of other accommodation in the area, we chose this one. What a great choice. From making reservations to the end of our short stay, everything was great. This is certainly not your typical motel. You will think you have entered someone's small apartment. From a quilted bedspread to a fabric recyliner (my husband certainly enjoyed the comfort of it) this was definitely a unique find. Very clean, comfortable and quite. Make sure to bring your own hair dryer but that's a small issue. Kathy (one of the owners) even .phoned me to say thanks for staying. We left early and didn't see her. Just an extra bit of personal attention. Certainly better than the Chain Motels/Hotels in the area.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank getmeoutoftherain
Alamogordo, New Mexico
Reviewed 18 July 2009

My wife and I and our 30 year old son made reservations here and stayed during a 2 week trip to Northern California and Oregon. We had reserved a room with a queen bed and a double bed. When we arrived, that room had beed given to someone else. We were offered 2 rooms, one with a queen and one with a double, but at almost twice the cost. We ended up with a room with a queen bed and a mattress on the floor for our son. Even then, we were charged the same rate as a room with 2 beds. The motel has no ice and no pool. I thought it was the worst value on the entire trip. We stayed at motels much less expensive that had better rooms.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank tcrb04a1
Forks, Washington
Reviewed 8 July 2009

The motor court Rose City Motel is a gem of a place. I’m an Hotelier, I run/own a Bed & Breakfast in Southern West Virginia. I’m always looking to stay someplace that has the charm of home, with the cleanliness, and attention to detail I find important in my business. Rose City Motel has that, and more. The beds were comfy, the décor was fun, and the owner was a joy to talk to. Priced well below the value you get, this place will be just what you are looking for after a business day of traveling. Thank you

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank xdrfirefly
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roseburg
Best Western Garden Villa Inn
#1 of 2 in Winston
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#7 of 15 in Roseburg

Been to Rose City Motel? Share your experiences!